[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be different if Roman had won the 2014 Royal Rumble?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: rrrr.jpg (67KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
rrrr.jpg
67KB, 768x432px
What would be different if Roman had won the 2014 Royal Rumble?
>>
Ratings would be under 1 milion by now
>>
>Roman wins the title at Mania.
>Bryan beats Triple H at Mania
>Rollins goes over Batista at Mania
>Bryan gets injured so fans stop crying about him
>The Shield v The Authority is the main summer feud
>Rollins turns on The Shield
>Roman Reigns v Seth Rollins is the main autumn feud
>Lesnar wins the Rumble, Bryan fans tolerate it because its Lesnar
>Roman goes over Lesnar at Mania

At the time I would have said it was way too early for Roman, but you're right. It might have been best for business
>>
The Shield were like, the hottest act besides Bryan at that point, right? So people probably wouldn't have rebelled quite so badly and Bryan might not've ever gotten inserted into the main event.

I think they would've bullshitted in a way for Batista to get into the main event anyway, so it still would've been a triple threat, then you'd see the Authority interfere, to which the Shield would respond and Roman would probably go over.
>>
>>1848634
Bullshit. People were red-hot for Reigns to win the 2014 Rumble. Then cut to 2015 and "it's too early", "he's too green". Oh, hello Finn Balor who's been on the roster for 2 weeks, here's the secondary title.
>>
>>1848660

Yep. Despite all the revisionist history, Reigns was never booed before the 2015 Royal Rumble. He was only disliked for being chosen ahead of Bryan.

Obviously the wellness violation has changed things drastically. Even marks hate him now.
>>
>>1848660
Weird how Balor always gets brought up unprovoked whenever Reigns is discussed.
>>
File: Bt4AVQqCcAIYhh8.jpg (56KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
Bt4AVQqCcAIYhh8.jpg
56KB, 600x419px
That would have been whack. Batista winning the Rumble was great but he should have won at Wrestlemania. Roman losing was a good set up for him winning 2015.
>>
>Roman gets squashed at Summerslam by Lesnar
Huh. That's not bad.
>>
There is no mistake with Roman losing in 2014

The mistake is that Dave should have mainevented and won at Wrestlemania
>>
>>1848676
Because Balor is basically a living example of smarks hypocrisy.
"Roman got the title to early, so let's boo him"
"Balor wins the title in under a month, so let's cheer him"

Makes no fucking sense
>>
>>1848832
They identify with a manlet twink

Smarks cannot identify with a true alpha male family man like Roman
>>
>>1848426
Roman looks way better with dry hair. Haitch must've drilled it into him that wet hair is cool
>>
>>1848832
balor also lead nxt as the champ for like 8 months and proved he could be a lead babyface
>>
>>1848866
So did Adrain Neville, Big E, and Kevin Owens and none of them won the main event title IN UNDER A MONTH. Roman also worked with a successful stable for 2 years and won a midcard title in that time before he won the big one. Balor didn't do any of that shit

Again, hypocrisy
>>
>>1848660
>People were red-hot for Reigns to win the 2014 Rumble

Nobody wanted Reigns to win the rumble until they realized the only alternative was Batista.
>>
>>1848866
The audience has to grow a bond with the lead babyface, and that takes time. same reason Owens took forever to get to the top.

Smelly people that watched him in NXT and the indies don't count as they are the minority. Mind you the ratings are so bad that they may be the minority now.
Fuck WWE and it's confusing clusterfuck fanbase
>>
>>1848891
*may be the majority now
I'm all kinds of confused
>>
>>1848891
>>1848866
Personally I think this injury will help him in the long run. I couldn't imagine him holding the belt for long after winning it in a month. I could see the universe easily turning on him. There is a very easy revenge story set up for his return if Seth has the title around that time. Also would like to see that coup de grace head variation become a finisher, looks so a lot more brutal.
>>
>>1848866
So where's based Geordie's push?
>>
>>1848907
balor sold a ton of merch

neville doesn't
>>
>>1848832
I think the difference could be that Balor was a huge singles competitor beforehand, and was very well known outside of WWE. I know several people that knew of him despite them never watching anything other than WWE.
Although I don't think Reigns was 'pushed too soon', I think we had enough time to decide we just didn't like him enough to be the champ, and a baby face. It wasn't the push, it was just his character.
>>
>>1848910
>merch
Nigga pls, Reigns was champ when Ambrose was moving more merch left and right. Merch is the least concern in the E nowadays.
>>
>>1848676
It's not unprovoked. It's highlighting the hypocrisy from Smarks.
>>
>>1848885
Wanting Reigns to win because he's the best alternative is still wanting Reigns to win.

>Too early
>Too green
>Not over
>Can't cut a promo
>BOOOOOO

>Sure, this guy will do
>He's better than a veteran
>Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>1848832
>>1848891
Except Balor had absolutely no problem connecting with the audience and was incredibly over as soon as he came up.

More people are aware of NXT than you think and the proof is in the receptions Balor got before he was injured.
>>
>>1848907
Good fucking question.
>>
>>1848660
it's because one is an established wrestler and the other is still severely limited in what he can do
>>
>>1848426

He would've continued to get booked as the badass heel in a stable that he was gaining the WWE title and then Shield would have broke up due to him having an ego.

Basically, his career weouldn't have gone to shit because of a certain goat face.
>>
>>1848983
Preferable shit is still shit
>>
File: BALORED.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
BALORED.gif
1MB, 320x180px
How come you anti-smarklet cuccs aren't whining about RuRu not winning this year's Royal Rumble?

>>1848660
lol they were literally cheering for not!Batista

>Bálor

Sick inferiority complex: Finn was a decade+ pro while Reigns still thought he could make it in football.

>>1848672
>Reigns was never booed before the 2015 Royal Rumble.

But that's wrong.

>>1848841
Reigns is a crybaby who blubs to Daddy when he doesn't get over.

Bálor was known as "Fergal the Vag Slayer" in Japan.

>>1849495
>still blaming The GOAT for Reigns not being good enough
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.