[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I make $5,000/year with amateur MMA fighting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
I live in Detroit. I want to go back to college. Couldn't pay for it the first time around, but now I can get subsidized loans and a $5,815 Pell grant because I'm dirt poor and I turned 24. Wayne State (4-year in Detroit's midtown) has open admission, so I can just go there and they have the major I want. I've been scraping by with working as a bar bouncer, and I'm really good at fighting, even when it's some guy who could be a linebacker. Here's the problem: I can't work until 4am every night and still go to college, but the only experience I have that doesn't require a degree to back it up is fighting people. I need a way to fill in another $5000 and I don't have the credit score to take out another loan, so I'm thinking about fighting to get the money. Who would I talk to about applying for some smaller league that'll make me $5,000/year?

TL;DR Where can I apply to fight people for money? I need $5k/year for college.
>>
What's ya height
>>
>>1846535
he's a bouncer so I'd assume more than enough, there's weightclasses for every size and weight anyway

You could make 5000$ a year if you're good OP, are you good at fighting because you're a tough guy and fight all the time or do you actually have any martial arts training?
>>
File: mma_ufcupsets_10.jpg (947KB, 1536x2262px) Image search: [Google]
mma_ufcupsets_10.jpg
947KB, 1536x2262px
>>1846535
He said MMA, not sports entertainment.
>>
>>1846559
Nothing formal, but my manager was a black belt in two different disciplines and I worked with a combat vet as well. Those two taught me a lot. One on one, I can beat most trained fighters in my weight class. I'm 6'2" 200 pounds and just enough body fat to keep me from bleeding too fast. I'd be a middleweight.
>>
>>1846535
Why do you ask, do you want to blow him when he's standing?
>>
>>1846643
Hey, if I can make the money I need without working a busy schedule, I'm happy. Doesn't need to be glamorous. Doesn't absolutely need to be MMA. Just can't be illegal... Or boxing. Most of what I do relies on my lower body strength. I can take out a boxer in an MMA fight easily, but boxing doesn't allow the use of the legs or holds, so taking out a boxer's legs in a boxing match isn't an option.

Anyone know where I could apply at? I've googled this ad nauseam, but UFC says to apply on jobbi, which as far as I can tell hasn't existed for years.
>>
>>1848101
Anon ain't my waifu.
>>
First, you're not looking for amateur MMA. Amateur MMA is pre-pro, for working up to going pro and testing your skills, they don't pay you. Low-level pro MMA events will pay, but it would be advisable to do at least one amatuer match(and win it) before going pro to make sure you're ready, plus it will make you look better from a booking angle for your first pro fight.
>>1848092
What disciplines? Just curious.
>>
>>1848573
Oh, and also, it would be easier to find fights if you trained at a gym, trainers usually manage and advise their trainees to a certain degree and book them for fights if they feel they are ready. You also often start competing in grappling competitions and/or amateur kickboxing or boxing.
>>
Should have supported Bernie
>>
>>1846526
>Can I make $5,000/year with amateur MMA fighting?
no,amateur fights are by definition not payed
>>
>>1848573
Aikido and Tae Kwon Do. He said aikido was most of what he used since you're a lot less likely to get into legal trouble with it, so it is better suited to real world use.
>>1848625
I did support Bernie!
>>1853065
Whatever level I would need to do to get paid, then.
>>
>>1848587
That makes a lot of sense... Maybe I should look into something I can do over the summer instead? Problem is, unless you have a skill not many people have, finding any kind of job in detroit that isn't a soul-sucking factory is very difficult.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.