[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will he run for office at some point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: based glenn.png (139KB, 424x238px) Image search: [Google]
based glenn.png
139KB, 424x238px
Will he run for office at some point?
>>
>>1845513

He's a libertarian, not even Americans are dumb enough to elect them
>>
>>1845517
>I'm so retarded that I don't even know what I am talking about
Take a seat /asp/ie
>>
>>1845513
Does he actually have any good ideas because I'm not gonna just vote for him because he's Kane.
>>
>Libertarian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Psp0A-zJgU
>>
>>1845517
no, it's because most liberarians in the US are either idiots and/or no actual libertarians
if the US would have guys like Hans Hermann Hoppe or Stefan Molyneux and they would run way more people would be libertarians and they might actually win
>>
File: v2Q4ueZ.jpg (44KB, 308x380px) Image search: [Google]
v2Q4ueZ.jpg
44KB, 308x380px
>>1845588
>Not voting for a candidate based on their personal lives

You call yourself American?
>>
>>1845513

Nah he is anti-big government and literally belongs to the Free State Project, he is one of about 200,000 yanks who want to move to New Hampshire and secede from the US because they disagree with the concept of "state" even though ironically this would then become its own "state".

I like Kane and IRL he seems like a swell guy but his politics are woefully naive. In what world is hard libertarianism going to work? Everyone's gonna play nice and abide by the not-rules of the non-state """community"""? You need a state to tax the people and use that tax to provide services. Hardly anyone is going to volunteer to do shit like public services for no reward.
>>
>>1845660
>Hardly anyone is going to volunteer to do shit like public services for no reward.
but libertarians want no public services. this is a major fucking part of libertarianism.
>>
>>1845660
>You need a state to tax the people and use that tax to provide services. Hardly anyone is going to volunteer to do shit like public services for no reward.
If those public services are important and necessary a market for those will pop up in no time.
>>
>>1845666

Okay so here's an example: The average life span of an asphalt surface is 26 years. Once they've been living in their amazing stateless society for 30 years and all the roads are completely fucked from lack of maintenence, who's going to repair them?

>>1845671

So again using the broken roads example, say you fix a road. The road is owned by no one. Whom do you charge for providing the service of having fixed the road? The market for that is the state. That there is a government whose interest is its people. The only group you could possibly charge is a government.

And don't say "just charge people to use the road"; in the new stateless world it isn't owned by anybody, government owned it before and now there is no government. No one has the right to charge anyone to use it.

This kind of problem is what tax and government acts as a proxy for, to resolve.
>>
>>1845666

I'm from the UK, our public services are getting their ass ripped out by private companies and making basic things like transport, education and healthcare more expensive directly effecting the poorest in society and making the vast majority of us worse off, believe me hard libertarianism would be a disaster
>>
>>1845711
But that is because public services has to compete with superior private services. In a libertarian world, the open market would ensure options in all priceclasses as long as there is a market forbit
>>
>>1845513
He couldn't be worse than the two clowns running right now. Kane 2020
>>
I'd vote for Kane just to say Kane is the US President.

>State of the Union
>Fire pyrotechnics go off
>Kane comes out dressed in a suit but still wearing his Kane mask
>Gives a speech in full Kane voice.
>After grabs the nearest camera man and chokeslams him off of the stage
>Does pyro one more time
>Walks out

It would also solidify that Americans are certifiably insane.
>>
>>1845862
>It would also solidify that Americans are certifiably insane.
Their current candidates prove that. Either
>War criminal
or
>Child rapist
>>
>>1845513
I thought he was running and so was Rhyno.
>>
>>1845517

Lots of libertarians get elected, they just have to run as Republicans
>>
>>1845862
Sidewalk slam on Putin
>>
>>1845711
>I'm from the UK, our public services are getting their ass ripped out by private companies and making basic things like transport, education and healthcare more expensive directly effecting the poorest in society and making the vast majority of us worse off, believe me hard libertarianism would be a disaster

I'm from Finland. You can't do shit here without applying for a thousand permits. For example, you can't legally live in a summer cottage YOU OWN THAT IS ON YOUR OWN LAND unless the said structure and the lands it is on are certified for around-the-year usage by the authorities (which costs a shitload of euros for permits etc.). You can't even legally DIG A DITCH ON YOUR OWN LAND without consulting the landscaping authorities first and applying for permits.

Not to mention all the taxes that are put on alcohol, sugar, etc. because "it's bad on the national health so we need to tax it in order to dissuade people from this stuff so THEY PRODUCE MORE TAX MONEY for the government".

And don't fucking get me started on things like freedom of speech and gun ownership.

Yeah, "hard libertarianism" might be a "nightmare". But it's never gonna happen. It's a sad fact that in politics you have to be more or less of an "extremist" to get even your more moderate views into consideration. Especially in US politics you have to pull in the direction you want things to go in, or you're just going to get overrun by everyone.
>>
Didn't he say he was running for a local Tennessee office after he retired?
>>
>>1845601
Hahahahahaha good one la.
>>
>>1846281
it's true though
Gary Johnson e.g. is both an idiot and not a true libertarian
>>
File: 1435565787949.jpg (4KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1435565787949.jpg
4KB, 227x222px
>>1845711
>>1845676
>>1845666
>>1845660

>it's a libertarianism and ancap are the exact same thing thread

Just beggin you all to kill yourselves
>>
>>1846292
Oh I know. Gary doesn't know much
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.