[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: WWE-ECW-HD.png (184KB, 531x217px) Image search: [Google]
WWE-ECW-HD.png
184KB, 531x217px
What went wrong?
>>
Snoozefest champs like Bobby Lashley
>>
>>1840630
not giving controll to Hayman
this is the ONLY thing they had to do
>>
>>1840633
Agreed
>>
>>1840630
having disqualifications

if the match ends when someone gets beaned with a chair, it ain't ecw
>>
>>1840630
Having a lackluster roster made of fresh fishes since 2009 or 2010.
>>
Braden Walker
>>
>>1840633
/thread
>>
>>1840746
>>1841041

Why do you people believe this? Heyman is incompetent.
>>
>>1841048
I don't think he is. The fact that Smackdown was the A show when Heyman had creative control over it shows his skills
>>
>>1841052
He ran the original ECW into the ground, in the hottest era in pro wrestling history.
>>
>>1840630
I think this was pretty good after they completely gave up on any semblance of trying to be what ECW was, when Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin and Matt Hardy were around.
>>
>>1840630
>basically a dump for midcard wrestlers whose careers were winding down and rookies who were learning how to get over
>>
>>1840630
>>
Vince didn't get it, and pretty much treated it like Sunday night heat, or Superstars. Just out all the jobbers on the show, that'll work!
>>
Nothing. It was literally the GOAT show when Christian returned. 18+
>>
It was the landfill for WWE talent
>>
Honestly liked it throughout. It did a better job of NXT than NXT, but suffered when they were just a preshow.
>>
>>1840633
>>1840746
>>1841041
If anything, they should've given the book to Tommy Dreamer. After all, he was the one who made One Night Stand 05, not Heyman
>>
>>1841055
he is shit with money but GOAT at booking
>>
File: 1475727943019.jpg (173KB, 513x703px)
1475727943019.jpg
173KB, 513x703px
>>1841055
Financially speaking? Yes.
Creatively speaking? 18+
>>
>>1841482
>creatively speaking

"He's going to wrap you in barb wire and set you on fire, and then I won't pay you"

Ah yes very creative.
>>
>>1841482
Justin credible was champion

18+
>>
>>1841484
>t. Cornette mark that never watched ECW
>>
>>1841482
Nice image wewtist
>>
Do you remember that sheamus actually debuted on ecw?
>>
>>1841484
Anybody remember on his documentary how he said that by not paying the wrestlers he was actually saving them money because of some thing about how debts were resolved when a company went under?
Couldn't believe the bullshit spewing out of his Jew mouth.
>>
>>1841055
yeah i'm sure todd gordon had huge plans for eastern championship wrestling
>>
>>1840957
Holy hell I forgot about Braden Walker.

What a legend.
>>
>ECW aired for four goddamn years

Hardly feels like it.
>>
File: ECWwallpaper.jpg (89KB, 800x600px)
ECWwallpaper.jpg
89KB, 800x600px
>>1840630
They couldn't get on TV after WWE went to TNN.
>TNN stopped them negotiating with anyone else whilst they publicly tried to get Raw to jump from USA.
>If ECW had got another network then who knows? At it's close it was starting to be shown across Europe. As well as being owed money from Acclaim amongst others.
>>
>>1841055
>I know precisely nothing about finances besides what I'm parroting from WWE spin

fucking /wwe/ babbies

ECW went under because PPV companies outright refused to pay them money owed.

And the fact that it was constantly running on a shoestring budget yet became the biggest cultural influence on American professional wrestling in the 90s and was, by the end, actually outdrawing WCW, is a testament to Heyman's booking ability since he was making do with the misfit cast-offs "The Big 2" didn't want.

>>1841485
Credible getting the belt was actually brilliant.
>>
What were they thinking only announcing two matches for the December 2 Dismember card?
>>
>>1840631
You mean big show
>>
File: benoit_simpsons.jpg (23KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
benoit_simpsons.jpg
23KB, 300x245px
This guy wasn't around to train them all into 5 star match wrestlers
>>
>>1841482
I never got why there are fucking lines shooting out of his fingertips to the words.
>>
>>1844499
It's like he's enumerating with his fingers the five things you should do, y'know? I think whoever made it went from an image of Arn Anderson doing the Horsemen 4, it was much clearer there.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.