[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did WWE get rid of this guy but keep lawler?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Jim-Ross-sportskeeda.png (743KB, 1728x905px) Image search: [Google]
Jim-Ross-sportskeeda.png
743KB, 1728x905px
>>
>>1792946
If they were smart they would make the Raw announcers Jr and King and smackdown announcers Cole and Tazz. But wwe isnt smart
>>
>>1792946
Too southern for Vince, that triggers him too much
>>
JR tried to start shit with Ric Flair or something. At least Lawler faps to CP in his corner
>>
>>1792955
And he started shit 'cause he gives no fucks because they treated him like shit.
>>
>>1792946
JR told a Vince McMahon shitting his pants story on Opie and Anthony a few years back. Vince is a cunt and takes minor shit personally. He almost fired Titus O'Neil for grabbing his arm once.

That being said JR was a really good commentator but a bit overrated. Heyman was the best on commentary, though his tenure was super short.
>>
>>1792966
segment in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwk23wv4S38
>>
>>1792966
>be 70 year old man
>get spooked when a 300lb nigger grabs you for no reason
Vince did nothing wrong.
>>
>>1792966
2bh, I didn't like Heyman on commentary that much. Theres only so much I can take from his character before it goes from heel annoying to actually annoying.
>>
>>1792966
Corny was the best heel commentator jr worked with tbqhwyf
>>
>>1792995
Besides the fact that Vince rough houses with the guys in the back all the time.
>>
>>1792958
I dont know who you are, or why you are posting this in every thread, but I can respect Big Daddy Diesel. Looks hand drawn too. Nice.
>>
>>1792951
>Living in the past
>Glorifying the past
You're just like Vince. Stop living in the past, 2OO5 was 11 years ago, fat boy.
>>
>>1793062
Best announcers are Vince McMahon circa late 90s, Mike Tennay, Tony Schiavonne, and then JR / King in that order.

Vince was fucking hilarious, Tennay and Schiavonne were very good at keeping shit together, and JR / King are GOATS.
>>
Cause listening to him gave people depression
>>
Current commentators are so unnatural overacting and have lack of humor especially that fag jbl
>>
Opinions on Gorilla Monsoon/Jesse Ventura? Watching some late 80s WWF stuff this week and they have good chemistry together imo.
>>
>>1793167
>Vince
>good

http://pastebin.com/SVmgqCmg
>>
>>1793433
Get maneuvered

Seriously, not that guy, but Vince was entertaining as a commentator at least and did a good job making it feel like every move is important (at the sake of not naming them and just calling them maneuvers, but still made you give attention to it)

There are better commentators than Vince, obviously, but he was decent at it
>>
>>1793430
Greatest pairing ever imo
Ventura is the best bit about late 80s WWF, even better than Rude and the Hart Foundation
>>
>>1792946
Cuz Meme Ross is shit and Lawler is based
>>
>>1793167
Shouldn't Joey Styles be part of that list or is he bad? His work in ECW was GOAT and he did it all by himself, although most of his work was recorded after the event (obviously the PPV's were live)
>>
>>1793458
Meme announcer
>>
>>1793458
It wasn't that I didn't like Styles, but his whole "OH MY GOD!" line always felt forced and fake.
>>
>>1793474
Well, it was forced and fake; it was Heyman's or someones idea IIRC after he heard him say it while watching a brutal spot, so it couldn't be 100% natural ever after that.

But leaving that aside, he always did a good job with commentary, calling the moves and getting you engaged in the match even if it was a stinker
>>
Vince never liked JR
>>
>>1792966
JR was GOAT in his heyday but by the end he was slowing down majorly.
>>
File: 1474434154970.jpg (78KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
1474434154970.jpg
78KB, 800x618px
>>1792951
>Tazz

39+
>>
I wouldn't seeing a Good Ol JR edition of Swerved.
>>
>>1794027
>I wouldn't seeing a Good Ol JR edition of Swerved.

I wouldn't MIND seeing a Good Ol JR edition of Swerved is what i meant to say
>>
>>1792946
He left because he met with qouta for saying "BROKEN IN HAFFF!" "OH MAH GAAAWD!!" "Runnin' lika SCOLDED DAAAWG!!"
>>
>>1793062
>Theres only so much I can take from his character before it goes from heel annoying to actually annoying
Heel Cole has this effect on me. I stopped watching wrestling during these times and I don't feel I missed out on much. Especially "excuse me, I have a message from the anonymous raw gm"
*Cringe*
>>
>>1793452
gain height
>>
>>1793101
Time and a place, don't do it live.
>>
>>1793167
I'd say this is quite accurate
>>
File: 12221.jpg (277KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
12221.jpg
277KB, 1536x2048px
>>1793167
>Tony Schiavonne
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.