[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a theory.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: photo-6.638x476.jpg (67KB, 638x476px) Image search: [Google]
photo-6.638x476.jpg
67KB, 638x476px
So WWE's ratings are decreasing, Wrestling is losing relevance, attendance is decreasing, ad revenue is poor, all signs point to WWE slowly dying. Immediately, the blame is put on the wrestlers, the storyline, the booking, the company not producing compelling angles. But one thing that I've seen to notice is the lack of finger-pointing towards the crowds. Crowds have JUST enough to do with the product as the product itself. Many matches which otherwise may have been uneventful or mediocre were carried by passionate, vocal, involved crowds. CM Punk vs John Cena in Chicago, Cena vs RVD in the Hammerstein Ballroom, Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles. every PWG show has a raucous, lively and energetic crowd. Why does WWE continue to go to places that are notorious for being so fucking silent and uninvolved, places like Birmingham, Alabama with the ENTIRE upper deck tarped off? Places like Arkansas and Nebraska, crowds that are casual, bored, uninterested, who pay for a ticket to essentially sit on their hands. As much as you guys bitch about a smarky crowd, at least they're energetic and excited to be there. Would WWE benefit by staying permanently in places like Madison Square Garden and occassionally going to Philadelphia, Toronto, England, Chicago? What say you guys?
>>
Full Fail fatty spotted
>>
They should tour all of fucking Canada. The best marks in the fucking world. They probably tour those shit towns because the wrestlers drive to the next city and it is due to proximity
>>
>smarky crowds
>energetic

More like autistic and pure cringe.
>>
They should just move to India, best marks in the world
>>
>>1792172
Not sure if serious, but I can legit see that happening in 15-20 years. WWE is massive in India.
>>
>>1792162
here

Actually I just read OP's post. Fuck you. Smark crowds are fucking cancer

Mark crowds are where it is at
>>
Well, I think that people pay a ticket when WWE come to their city one or two times along the year...

If the show is all the weeks in the same place, or the entrance is free or the stadium will be empty soon
>>
File: eH7tQmK.gif (2MB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
eH7tQmK.gif
2MB, 220x165px
>you will never see fans excited like this ever again
>>
>>1793994
On a weekly episode of NXT , during the No way Jose entrance , there was one man that "dance" the night away . This dude was fucking possessed , it was hilarious .
>>
Bunch of fucking morons in here. How are you going to shut down when you're pulling 20m+ in profits every year? It's a successful business model no matter how bad the ratings are doing.
>>
Shitty crowds can be counteracted on TV by intelligent, responsive, and engaged commentators.

Sadly, you have JBL and Michael Cole.
>>
File: ae kid.jpg (78KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
ae kid.jpg
78KB, 439x480px
>>
>>1793994
>that guy in the back raising the roof
>>
WTF is OP on?

Rowdy crowds never brought profits, you can look to the indys for proof. Hell, look to the current WWE and ratings for proof. Crowds are you dserve it and this is awesome and all sorts of passionate garbage at wrestlers that ten years ago no one did, and the ratings are steadily plummeting.

RAW drew a fucking 1.8 this week. A fucking 1.8.
>>
>>1792149
>Blaming the crowd for not cheering or making noise during WWE's terrible shows
You're kidding right?
>>
>>1794068
I think that was last week and they drew a 1.9 this week. That said, this upcoming RAW is against MNF AND the first debate between Trump Hillary so don't be surprised if they rake in a 1.7
>>
>>1794163
fucking this, who wants to make noise when they offer you a pile of shit every week?
>>
If you watch raw and sd every week, wwe doesnt make a dime because the contract with usa is already signed.

On an annual basis, if you go to two live events, wwe makes 80 bucks. If you buy a t shirt every 3 months, wwe makes 100 bucks. If you subscribe to the wwe network, wwe makes 120 bucks.

WWE cares about subscribers and merch, hence why ppvs are still good and TV is garbage. There's little incentive for wwe to put on good free television or to drive attendance for live events, there's tons of incentive to keep you subscribing to the network and buying the shirts.
>>
>it's a wew copypasta thread
>>
>>1794068
>Attitude Era crowds were hot as fuck

Whoops.
>>
>>1792178
Then you are fucking retarded
>>
>>1794026
b-but manlets D:
>>
>>1793994
You do, but they're diva marks.
A vein attempt to get her to hug their sweaty cum stained shirt
>>
America is in the grips of a heroin epidemic.

In the 80s and 90s it was a cocaine boom.

Of course crowds get more hyped up when a tenth of them just "took a bump" before getting in the arena, and everyone else around them gets infected by their positive chemical energy.
>>
>>1794068
Where are faggots getting 1.8 and 1.9 from? Raw drew a 2.7 last week and a 2.6 the week b4.
>>
>>1797806
>it was cuz a tenth of the crowd took drugs
These excuses keep getting better
>>
>>1792172
This is brillant idea sir ... I hawe been adwocating this for time .

Roman Rein Dog be main ewent of VVrestleMania in Nevv Delhi ... that is vvould break his ovvn record vvhere he already broke evvery record at VVrestleMania 32 ;
>>
>>1792149
>But one thing that I've seen to notice is the lack of finger-pointing towards the crowds

literally every single thread on this board bitches about neckbeard smarks. even reddit hates crowds. is this your first day on the internet? are you retarded?
>>
>>1792149
>Would WWE benefit by staying permanently in places like Madison Square Garden and occassionally going to Philadelphia, Toronto, England, Chicago?
They gotta do house shows, man.
>>
>>1794026
Yeah, they're still doing fine in merchandise and the Network is only gonna keep growing as long as they put on good PPVs and original content like NXT and CWC.

Ratings (and apparently house show numbers?) being bad are a concern, but WWE has so, so many ways to offset that. They ain't going anywhere. Even in a nightmare scenario of them losing TV, they can just cut costs and go full Network. They'd be much smaller, but they could survive.
>>
>>1797806
>America is in the grips of a heroin epidemic.
This is a fucking new one.
>>
>>1797811
Do...do you actually imagine you are talking with WWE execs when you are on this page, or something?

Lighten up, big man.
>>
>>1794208
>If you watch raw and sd every week, wwe doesnt make a dime because the contract with usa is already signed.
Not entirely true, because the number of people watching over time affects WWE and USA's respective bargaining power in the next deal.

Remains to be seen how many more deals they'll sign, though.
>>
>>1797887
>This is a fucking new one.
Umm. No it isn't. It's been all over the media for a couple of years
http://time.com/3946904/heroin-epidemic/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heroin-use-in-u-s-reaches-alarming-20-year-high/

https://www.rt.com/usa/348799-unprecedented-heroin-use-overdose/

You even have adverts for "opioid induced constipation" in the middle of your football games.

<<<OPIOID INDUCED CONSTIPATION!>>>

Housewives are taking so much medicinal smack they can't even shit right any more.
>>
>>1792149
>all time high profits
>thinks wrestling is dying
>>
>>1797982
I thought it was all time high revenue not profit
>>
>>1797881
This, WWE has so many assets in so many places that they can pull money from somewhere whenever something starts failing.
>>
>>1797890
TV viewership is down in general, WWE is just about one of the few things the network can still put on that'll draw in viewers consistently. No matter how shit WWE does the rest of the network is probably doing worse so USA really have no leverage in negotiations and I'm sure Vince knows it.
>>
>>1792149
If you dont build stars properly, that cant connect with a crowd, this is what happens. They spent 10 years building Cena, who only splits the crowd now, and nobody else. People see Reigns being channeled into that role and are just tuning out now. Nobody wants another 10 years of LOLCENAWINS with Reigns in the cena role. It's not Reigns fault either, but they should never have offered him the unbeatable babyface role to begin with, its doesnt suit his natural persona
>>
>>1798021

Well, going by Solomonster's take on it, they actually got put in a tough position last negotiation (I think thats when they left spike?), thats why they pushed so hard to get the network up and going. It's paying for itself and more now, so you are correct the pressure is off somewhat, having that option gives WWE a better position as USA cant just say "we know we're your only option now". They do need to be on TV though, otherwise they will find it very hard to attract new fans and just cannibalise their current viewership
>>
>>1792149
vince pls
>>
>>1798021
>>1798361

Didnt WWE get the same deal from USA on the last 2 renewals and on the last one they were expecting more and were dissapointed but had no choice but to take it because there were no legit options for the same or more money anywhere else..

So what I am saying is stfu you are making shit up.
>>
I'd rather have the casual, uninterested crowd than the smarky crowd trying to get themselves over. Both are toxic to the business, but only one is cringeworthy.
The WWE is just going to have to muscle their way forward. They're not good with change unless their back is against the wall, which it's not right now. Sure, ratings are down and the crowds are either listless trying to hijack segments, but subscribers are holding fast and ad revenue from 10,000 commercial breaks an hour is surely bringing in enough money for the board to be happy. Without being pushed, nothing will change.

To be completely honest, and without trying to be memepunk, things might actually get better when Vince dies. Maybe whoever takes control of creative will give more freedom to the talent and stop booking the same boring shit year after year.
>>
>>1798423
SmackDown is good, so it's not Vince. Just something in Raw's creative team really sucks.
>>
>>1798423
>Steph "Womens wrestling will main event Wrestlemania" McMahon and
>Paul "Need to put myself on everything" Levesque
>better than based Vince
KYS
>>
>>1792149
If you stick to the same places then people will get tired of going and attendance will go done. WWE isn't in bad shape yet, the WWE network has made up for the revenue loss from attendance and raitings
>>
>>1798423
Kys famalam
>>
WWE wanted the PG product.
The best crowds are the grown up ones of the Attitude Era. Not the ones of kids that are dead 90% of the time unless it's Cena.

Make the product PG 14 at least, make it edgy and the crowd will go back to what it was.
>>
>>1798423
>"If people who are there don't care about this, why do I want to watch?"

>>1798502
RAW was markedly better this week and Vince is currently sitting at home rehabbing a quad injury.

Connect the dots.
>>
>>1792178
https://youtu.be/hNLq74i3I2Q
>>
>>1797888
No but hardcore fans will defend the WWE's shortcomings.
>>
>>1798502
It only looks good compared the rival show

Piss has a better smell than shit doesn't it?
>>
>>1799382
Smackdown is pretty cozy t-b-h
>>
>>1797897

He's not implying the epidemic is new, he's saying that blaming heroin on WWE's shit preformance is a new excuse.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.