[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are your favourites to win the 2017 Royal Rumble match?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7

File: 174862.jpg (27KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
174862.jpg
27KB, 642x361px
Who are your favourites to win the 2017 Royal Rumble match?
>>
>>1791788
Ellsworth
>>
>>1791788
Right now is a little too early but I'll take a guess. Maybe Finn Balor.
>>
Dean Ambrose
>>
Jon Stewart
>>
>>1791788
Rusev
>>
Matt Hardy.
>>
Balor, to set up a title match vs. Reigns or Owens for the universal title
>>
If he is back Balor, if not Zayn so we get ANOTER FUCKING match between Muslim and Fatass
>>
File: 1987894654.jpg (21KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
1987894654.jpg
21KB, 236x353px
Shinsuke Nakamura or Finn Balor
>>
>>1791788
Finn Balor
>>
>>1791797
>>1791809
>Finn Balor
Isn't the estimate on his recovery time like 7 months?
>>
>>1791820
John will lend him some of his best HGH
>>
>>1791825

HGH won't heel his injury any faster.

[citation] i'm currently recovering from the same injury and contacted 2 sympathetic doctors and my bodybuilding coach (who would also be the one selling it to me) asking if it would help, all said no.
>>
Balor or Rollins
>>
>>1791788

Kurt Angle.
Cena (c) vs Angle at WM
Angle retirement match, HOF the night before.

If not

Cena
Styles (c) vs Cena at WM
BMJ 16th title
>>
>>1791812
Fatass (c) vs Muslim (RR winner) vs JeriGOAT (If Jericho does not win, he must retire)
>>
>>1791820
Maybe if he's lucky he'll be back in time for the rumble.
>>
>>1791812
I suspect this will be the survivor series main event, on account of all three being canadian and ss being in Toronto.
>>
>>1791854
meant for >>1791844
>>
>>1791854

zayn and owens are both french canadian. they only get over in montreal or quebec city. the rest of canada doesn't give a shit about french canadians.
>>
BMJ
>>
>>1791859
JeriGOAT will rally them. Plus, if ever a Quebecois went to a wwe ppv it'd probably be the Toronto one
>>
Shinsucky
>>
>>1791844
I wish retirement matches meant something and after the big emotional end of a career most of the "retired" wrestlers didn't end up in shady "Legends of Wrestling" tours or TNA. Although Jericho doesn't strike me as someone who'd do that.
>>
>>1791878
He doesn't even want a flashy retirement and just wants to fade away

Which is not acceptable. Anyways in my booking Jericho goes over fatass and muslim for his final world title win
>>
>>1791886
Are you saying that Jericho will fade away and classify himself as... Damn it, what was the word again?
>>
File: literallyadonis.jpg (161KB, 1481x858px) Image search: [Google]
literallyadonis.jpg
161KB, 1481x858px
It'll probably be Roman on his upcoming redemption push.

>pic related; what I want
>>
>>1791891
It's unfortunate that spoiler tags are not enabled on /asp/
>>
>>1791828
Shouldn't have stuck your shoulder out, Dervitt.
>>
>>1791820
It was six months after Summerslam, which puts him JUST after the Rumble but back in time for Mania, so they could have him come in late in the Rumble and not take any bumps.
>>
I have a strong feeling it's gonna be someone from Smackdown.
>>
Reigns. This time they'll book him right and he'll get over.
>>
>Roman
He already had his Wrestlemania moment and they're cooling him off big league, he'll be defending the US title against someone. My guess is that Rusev retains at Clash of Champions but will win in a shitty way (getting DQ'd or Lana interference) to keep the feud going until Survivor Series/Hell in a Cell

>Dean
He will be locked in with the WWE title feud until Wrestlemania, he could win the Rumble

>Seth
In a feud with HHH in another segment of build a star moment. If this feud is resolved he could also win the Rumble but that's a far stretch since HHH only wants to wrestle in prime PPVs

>Finn
Will win the Rumble if he magically healed his arm

>Fatty
Will be the champion going into Wrestlemania barring injuries and swerves

>AJ
Will be the champion going into Wrestlemania barring injuries and swerves

>John
Will be feuding with the Undertaker barring injuries

>Bork
Doesn't matter who he feuds with

Since the original plan was for Roman to hold the WWE title for a few more months before the year ends until he got wellness'd there will be some shenanigans after Wrestlemania that will send the WWE title back to Raw whether by draft lottery or a guy from Raw wins the Rumble

They could finish HHH vs Seth at a minor PPV, have Seth win at the Rumble, feuds and beats AJ Styles and takes the title to Raw while Owens will get beat by Sami Zayn, Jeridad, Roman Reigns or someone then that guy gets drafted to Smackdown
>>
>Roman, Dean, and Seth in the ring with one more entrant to go
>It's the moment everyone was waiting for
>Roman pounds the ring and yells
>Dean is being le wacky guy
>Seth is thinking about the girl he's sexting
>THREE....TWO....ONE....BEEEEEEEEP
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kFirrAXDuk

How hard do you mark?
>>
>>1791969
I'd mark pretty hard at the beating that happened
>>
>Finn manages to put his shoulder back together
Finn, with it looking like Reigns is going to win again
>Finn is still out with his boo-boo
I reckon we will see an NXT call up winning, regardless, to cement the whole "New Era" thing
>>
When was the last time we had a long reigning world champion? Lately it feels like every WWE champion seems to defend it once then drop it immediately.

Reigns, Ambrose, Trippple, Sheamus, etc, all got, at best, 3 months and 2 PPVs
>>
>>1792169
Roman would had held the title long but he dun goofed and since Deanetty was just a transitional champion they gave it to AJ.

Roman being popped for Adderall threw a wrench in their booking process.
>>
>>1792160
>looking like Reigns is going to win again
He effectively replaced Kane as the meme remover and there is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>1792169
>Lately it feels like every WWE champion seems to defend it once then drop it immediately.
>bAsedJ going to defend next week
>Up against Cena at No Mercy

I got a bad feeling about this scoob
>>
>>1791788
1. Balor (if fit)
2. Rollins
3. Lesnar
4. Reigns
5. Ambrose
>>
>>1791894
>The man who everyone forgot

no lol
>>
File: 1453135862908.jpg (8KB, 240x171px) Image search: [Google]
1453135862908.jpg
8KB, 240x171px
>>1793973
>lesnar
>ambrose

I'm ok with rollin and I'm ok with Reigns because the crowd would go ballistic, Balor's my favourite if he's fit in time.
>>
Jericho
>>
BIG MONEY MATT
>>
CM Cuck
>>
Finn Balor or Nakamura 100%
>>
The real question should be, who will be getting eliminated by James Ellesworth. You know he'll be in it, you know they will give him on elimination as a comedy spot.
>>
>>1791828

Anterior and Posterior tear of my labrum caused by repeated dislocations (shoulder instability). After 6 months, my doctor told me I could swim again, after 1 lap, I couldn't lift my arm out of the water. I also started lifting again at 6 months, and could barely do anything involving my shoulder. I wasn't even allowed to throw a ball until one year. I understand that he's in great shape and has some of the best doctors working on him and giving him physical therapy, but there are certain things that you can't rush back from. The shoulder is too mobile to bounce back right away like a knee or elbow.
>>
>>1792199
He's not going to lose it that quick. Old WWE wouldn't have given it to him because of NJPW and TNA, but current WWE know they have to swallow their pride and acknowledge other promotions, and they certainly aren't going to let AJ beat Cena clean and then take it off him a month later.
>>
>>1794086
Some comedy jobber heel like Breeze or Fandango
>>
>>1794086

I think he will be an important plot point, eliminating a relevant guy like Rollins or HHH
>>
>>1791840
>Styles (c) vs Cena at WM
>BMJ 16th title

If Cena/Taker doesn't happen this mania then this is the most likely candidate.
>>
>>1794088

Anterior here. I'm 2 months after surgery, but responding to physical therapy very well (about 3 weeks ahead of schedule). I'm not allowed back in the gym for another 4-6 weeks and even then I can't do any push exercises or compounds. I asked for a projection of when I can go heavy again and he said realistically it'll be about 9 months.
>>
Brock Lesnar.

In at Number One. Eliminates all 29 other competitors single-handedly; only ever two people in the ring at any one time: Brock, and a soon to be eliminated dude.

It has to happen one day, and Brock is the perfect guy for it. Creatives today are now guys who grew up playing wrestling on SNES, N64, PS2 etc, where 29 eliminations in a Rumble was seen as an ultimate feat of gameplaying.
>>
Cm punk
>>
>>1791820
WWE always exaggerates recovery times.

>>1791844
>Jericho in a WrestleMania main event
>2017

pls no

>>1791859
>pretending that Zayn can't get over anywhere

Did you just get here?

>>1791925
go to bed Vince you've got a quad to rehab

>>1792169
Rollins was champ for almost 200 days last year.
>>
Please god tier: BMJ
Awesome tier: Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar, Nakameme
Well, its probably best for business tier: Roman Reigns
Meh tier: Finn Balor, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens
Shit tier: Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose
>>
Daniel Bryan.

They're majorly teasing a return for him atm, imagine the reaction if he returns #30 and gets the Rumble win fans think he always should've got?

Realistically though, probably either Roman or Balor.

Bray would be my personal pick, but he's been buried so much he's cutting promos from the earth's core.
>>
I unironically want Senor Joe to win it.
>>
>>1794221
What if it was all a work?
>>
File: 20150203_131720.jpg (852KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20150203_131720.jpg
852KB, 2322x4128px
>>1794122

Hey shoulder bro! Buy all the shit that you do in therapy and do it at home too.
>>
>who I think will win
Finn or Samoa Joe
>who I want to win
Heath Slater
>>
Probably: Finn Balor

And it's already a pretty bad choice. All the others look worse.

What would be a good booking is Cena winning RR, Cena vs AJ 3 at WM. Vince McMahon himself chairshots AJ for a double turn.
Cena going heel, AJ going face. Sort of repeating WM 17
>>
>>1794283

Balor was promised a chance at the title when he returns, so there is no point in him winning.
>>
>>1794283
>Finn is a bad choice

Yeah 'cause your rehash of the X-Seven ending, a booking decision that began the decline of the company, with a far less over turning face and ultimately lesser stars, is fucking GENIUS.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>1794247

Oh yeah shoulder bro, I'm on it. I go to the gym and use bands and stuff too. We're all gonna make it pham.
>>
>>1794350
It is better than Finn Balor making the meme return and winning, though.
>>
>>1794409
It really isn't.

Unless you want to explain why repeating a mistake is brilliant.
>>
>>1794409
>>1794424

the point is moot since he won't be ready in time anyways
>>
>>1794424
At this point, turning Cena wouldn't be a huge mistake. Only issue is that he's still by far the biggest live event attendance draw and merch seller (both #s will go down once he turns).

It went badly for Austin because he was way too over to do it. Cena's a different story.
>>
>>1794424
It really is.

It's a better story than Balor making the predictable return and going to Mania. It hasn't worked out the last two times with Cena and Edge, two far bigger stars, because their momentum stopped to a halt.
>>
>>1794459
Not to mention, HHH in 2002. His pops were pretty fucking tame within a few weeks of winning the rumble, although nWo/rock/austin did overshawdow him. By mania he wasn't over anymore.
>>
>>1794450

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ov8-xHflks

pls god let this happen. bring in the tna guys from nxt too.
>>
>>1794488
It's too bad that they missed the boat on this a handful of times over the past 5 years. He should've turned against Punk in 2011. Against Rock in 2012. Against Bryan in 2013. Now it wouldn't be as big because he doesn't have a mega over babyface to play off of (although doing it at Mania with his 16th title reign would absolutely still be big)
>>
>>1794501

i'd be in full support of that. they just need to actually develop someone believable to take over as face of the company and sadly i don't trust them to do it.
>>
>>1794459
You're still not addressing the pachyderm in the room of why you think a proven failure is going to work better with lesser players.
>>
>>1794450
You literally just disproved your own fucking statement!

>>1794501
>turning against Bryan in 2013

And devalue one of the key reasons why Bryan got THAT over? No thanks bud.
>>
>>1794514
>i don't trust them to do it.

With the exception of an obvious case, it's not the talents themselves who are the problem.
>>
>>1794516
Probably because the reason it failed was because Austin was such a big player? And that if he wasn't as over as he was in 2001, it would indeed have worked? Just like Hogan's heel turn in 96?

>Pachyderm
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1794526

i agree 100%. there is a ton of talent on the roster and even most guys they've fucked up are still salvageable with the right booking. that's just it though, this creative team and whoever is at the helm whether it's vince or his idiot daughter and doofus son in law, produce nothing but garbage.
>>
>>1792199
Cena is going away to film his TV show after No Mercy. He isn't getting the title again yet.
>>
>>1794521
I didn't disprove my own statement though. Cena turning would be bad short-run because of merch revenue, but in the long run it could help create more over babyfaces for the future.

>And devalue one of the key reasons why Bryan got THAT over? No thanks bud.
What the fuck are you even talking about? Christ, you're a moron.
>>
>>1794529
And, as everybody here has noted, Cena is still the biggest player in his company.

Just because he's not a star of Austin's stratosphere (because nobody is) doesn't mean he's not this era's rough equivalent.

>Shut the fuck up.

Read a dictionary.

Oh wait, I already made you do that!
>>
>>1794537
Yeah, because a smart business gambles their sure thing on a possible success derived off something that already failed.

>What the fuck are you even talking about? Christ, you're a moron.

Bryan was the first person to defeat BMJ for a world title straight-up, cleanly & decisively, with zero extenuating circumstances.

It's one of the reasons people rallied behind him, because he proved himself to be truly worthy.
>>
>>1794541
>And, as everybody here has noted, Cena is still the biggest player in his company.
Doesn't mean turning would be a bad move in the long run.

>Just because he's not a star of Austin's stratosphere (because nobody is) doesn't mean he's not this era's rough equivalent.
He's not his rough equivalent. Cena is more like Flair in the early 90's.

>!
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1794533
Vince is the key problem.

HHH if nothing else, at least knows how to step back and defer to expertise.
>>
>>1794545
>Bryan was the first person to defeat BMJ for a world title straight-up, cleanly & decisively, with zero extenuating circumstances.
>It's one of the reasons people rallied behind him, because he proved himself to be truly worthy.
Nope. He became over in 2012. Beating Cena who was injured and was actively selling his injury didn't make him any bigger of a star. His ratings and attendance figures in late 2013 showed that.
>>
>>1794547
Cena is the undisputed top guy in WWE right now like Austin was the undisputed top guy in the WWF in 2001.

This isn't exactly calculus.

Of course there is a major difference: the power gap between Austin & Rock was far smaller than the power gap between Cena & the entire company.

>Doesn't mean turning would be a bad move in the long run.

Killing off your top star when you don't have any successors even close to ready is generally a poor move, actually. No successful promotion has ever done it.

>it's the juniorburger who gets triggered by exclamation marks

!!!!!
>>
>>1794551
Bryan got increasingly over from 2012 on, unless you want to argue that Hell No Bryan was just as over as FUCK YOU BATISTA timeframe Bryan.

>le ratings & attendance meme

Ratings Killer Orton.
>>
>>1794557
"No successful promotion has ever done it."
What is, WCW in 1996. Jesus Christ you are an idiot.

>This isn't exactly calculus.
I bet you had trouble with Calc III.
>>
>>1794559
>Hell No Bryan was just as over as FUCK YOU BATISTA timeframe Bryan.
Sure. The numbers didn't indicate he became massively over in early 2014, although they were good.

>Ratings Killer Orton.
Nothing to do with any of this.
>>
>>1794562
Hogan wasn't the top-drawing face in 1996 WCW. 18+

>>1794567
Actually, Bryan was a proven TV draw in 2014.

>the WWE Champion had nothing to do with ratings
>>
>>1794571
>Hogan wasn't the top-drawing face in 1996 WCW. 18+
Yes, he was actually. The PPV buyrates were the best indication.

>Actually, Bryan was a proven TV draw in 2014.
Nope. He wasn't the biggest draw on RAW after Mania, and he has HHH to thank for his segments gaining viewers.
>>the WWE Champion had nothing to do with ratings
Orton did better than Punk.
>>
>>1794577
And yet the house show tours headlined by Huckster were getting outdrawn by the Savage vs. Flair events that replaced them.

>He wasn't the biggest draw on RAW after Mania,

Actually, he was. Outdrew the Lesnar segments.

>and he has HHH to thank for his segments gaining viewers.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

>Orton did better than Punk.

Ratings Killer Orton didn't even do better than Punk on Smackdown let alone RAW.
>>
>>1794350
decline had already started in 2000 mostly due to the end of the boom

also that Rock's turn made him a star and money maker as big as Stone Cold
and considering Austin was old, while Rock wasn't even 30, it was the right thing to do
>>
>>1793983
>not appreciating the Based Mighty Mouse

kys plz
>>
>>1794901

if they'd just let him improvise instead of reciting lines from a script he could be a household name. he's got the look and the wrestling. ability.
>>
My money is on Swagsuke. Manlets should never win a Royal Rumble.
>>
When this nigga comes in at #30 and wins the rumble

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=se2wn4cRe04
>>
>>1791803
this
>>
>>1791803
Nice meme
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.