[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And it just fucking hit me!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

File: The end - Doom!.jpg (44KB, 332x361px) Image search: [Google]
The end - Doom!.jpg
44KB, 332x361px
In 2006 -

WWE - Casuals catering mainstream promotion.

TNA - Smark internet fans catering, Ex-WCW fanbase catering poorfag promotion.

ROH - Entirely indy fanbase catering bingo-hall promotion.
In 2016 -

- There is no casuals catering mainstream promotion.

- WWE = TNA 2006.

- TNA = ROH 2006.

- ROH = Non existent, entirely irrelevant. (who's even the current ROH champion again?)

Point is, if you notice the trend, you may see that the industry has basically downgraded itself. When WWE lost sight of their purpose of existence - which is to cater to casual base and represent pro-wrestling in a mainstream capacity, and NOT cater to smark/indy lowlives(for which ROH and TNA existed) - everything went to shit.

WWE started chipping away at ROH and TNA's fanbase with the creation of NXT, and more importantly raiding their talent....all the while also chasing away their own casual fans away one step at a time, the thriving business of pro-wrestling has taken a turn for the worse.

The smark idiots loving their favs becoming world champions and main eventing RAW, SD and PPVs, don't even realize its the death of the industry they are witnessing right now. The damage may be irreversible.
>>
>>1788482
>- ROH = Non existent, entirely irrelevant. (who's even the current ROH champion again?)
Adam Cole, it was talked about here as well.
>>
Whoa, it's almost like wrestling is somewhat returning to it's roots instead of the pop culture phenomenon it has been for only 30 years of it's hundreds of years long tradition
>>
>TNA - Smark internet fans catering,

Fedoramen spotted.
>>
>>1788495
Op isn't wrong, TNA was exactly that in 06.
>>
File: WHAT.jpg (65KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.jpg
65KB, 650x440px
ROH literally draws more paying customers than TNA.

>smark favs becoming world champion

Yeah, that would be awful.
>>
>>1788492
And that's a good thing?
>>
>>1788519
>Planet Jarrett
>smark catering
>>
>>1788519
>Steiner
>Nash
>Russo as head writer
>catering to smarks
>>
>>1788495
by doing what? Signing Hogan and a bunch of retired dudes?
That really panders to smarks.

And you are a total retard.
>>
>>1788560
I thought smarks loved Big Poppa Pump
>>
>>1788564
not during that time
>>
>>1788566
Steiner has been an IWC darling (if, for nothing else, memes) since at least his 2nd WWE run.
>>
>>1788580
>Steiner has been an IWC darling (if, for nothing else, memes) since at least his 2nd WWE run.
that's actually were a lot of the hate towards him came from, the shitty matches with Triple H (were both were still recovering from injury)
>>
>>1788586
I remember him being popular again not long after that, but.
>>
File: 1445432257055.png (379KB, 635x466px) Image search: [Google]
1445432257055.png
379KB, 635x466px
>>1788482
>pro-wrestling
>a thriving business
>>
>>1788492
>it's hundreds of years long tradition

kek. u dum sun

>pop culture phenomenon it has been for only 30 years

Bullshit:

>US - wrestling huge at turn of century, arguably the most popular sport in the US. 1950s saw a wrestling boom as 'Wrestling From Chicago' took the industry nationwide and into millions upon millions of homes
>UK & France - Wrestling until the 30s was hugely popular with top competitors being the highest paid athletes in sports. The buisiness being exposed shut both industries to varying degrees
>Japan - 50s-70s wrestling was Japan's number one sport with huge cultural significance, TV ratings and money changing hands
>>
>>1788594
Well, it is in Mexico, Japan & the UK.

American Sports-Entertainment?

Not so much.
>>
Wrestling has faded into irrelevance in the UK and Japan despite being huge in the 60s and 70s.

Is the USA next?
>>
>>1788659
>Wrestling has faded into irrelevance in the UK

Objectively wrong.
>>
>>1788614
Mexico is the only place where wrestling is actually a big thing.
>>
>>1788659
BritWres is fucking booming and New Japan is on the rise.
>>
>>1788492
Honestly it's just returning to the dimension it had prior to the Attitude Era, it's not THAT small that it would be smaller than it was in the 70's.
>>
>>1788676
>BritWres is fucking booming
There isn't a single british promotion that can even sell 5000 tickets for a show kek
>>
>>1788681
There were literally dozens of United States promotions you could work in and make a living in the 70s.

Now there's 1.
>>
>>1788614
>Well, it is in Mexico, Japan & the UK.

u dummer sun

>Mexico - two and a half main groups, all struggling to stay alive. Whole industry is facing declining crowds and being propped up by stars of the 90s to very early 00s and before. Little mainstream interest. Like WWE fans of old and propping them up. Gates, wages - poor.

>Japan - only NJPW is solvent - mainly because they recieved a massive cash injection (i.e. buyout) at the right time. NJPW faces declining crowds, poor TV exposure, zero cultural significance and the boys working have NEVER (since the 50s) earned poorer wages (adjusted for inflation).
>NOAH, the company with the most prestige after NJ, was rocked by criminal scandals, lost it's biggest draw in Kobashi and is drawing little. It's only being kept alive as a 'face saving' exercise and heavily rumored to be a subsidary of NJPW.
>No other company is worth commenting on.

>UK: No company worth commenting on past WCPW and ICW.
>WCPW is tossing huge sums of money at 'American Sports-Entertainment' stars of the 90s to attract attention. Appears to to be a vanity exercise as the company is certainly not solvent nor has a cash injection for the $30k some wrestlers have been given. Expect it to fade out shortly.
>ICW attracts a loyal fanbase of thousands across Glasgow, Scotland and the North of England. Financially stable, getting mainstream attention, well run - yet they're the most 'American Sports-Entertainment' (i.e. attitude era) company in the world which shits on the 2nd half of your post.

>pro-wrestling ain't thriving u dum kunt
>>
>>1788690
That just means the money was distributed differently, it says nothing about the actual amount of money that was it in.

>>1788691
WCPW is what happens when fantasy bookers actually try to book a damn promotion.
>>
>>1788707

dum kunt strikes agen

No, fucker, it means there's no money/mainstream attention in the biz now vs. then.

In the 70s-80s Ole Anderson, Bill 'Masked Superstar' Eadie, Stan Hansen and others were making HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS (100-300) PER YEAR running GEORGIA ALONE!

Sheeeeeit - half the WWE roster don't earn that running DA WORLD and no one on the indies/Japan is earning that even today.

Why?

Because wrestling in 2016 is ded u dum kunt.
>>
>>1788691
Mexico must be doing so poorly if Liga Elite just started up.

>NOAH is more prestigious than All Japan or Big Japan
>WCPW over PROGESS or Revolution Pro

Dumb-as-fuck.
>>
>>1788724
I'm honestly not even gonna argue with you because the way you write is retarded and pisses me off. Consider this an internet argument win if you want to, I don't care, enjoy my last (You) to you.
>>
>>1788733
He writes like that shitposter obsessed with The Barber Beefcake
>>
>>1788691
>>1788724

This anon knows what's up.
>>
>>1788492
>returning to its roots of having two sweaty dudes hug each other for an hour
>>
>>1788733

rekt. f4g kant handle da bantz and knowledge drop

>>1788724
>Hansen

While he's in my mind, consider this: when he started at AJPW he was given a $10,000/week salary with bonuses and +15% every year.

To emphasize the shit state wrestling is in today consider how much Kenny 'Top Gayjin' Omega is earning today. Weeb would give up anime for life to get a chance at earning anything even vaguely close to that.

>>1788732
>Liga Elite
>just started up

dum kunt

>progress
>rev pro

Typical UK indie of the 90s-now: i.e. not in the least solvent and ran by money marks as vanity projects.
>>
>>1788732

WCPW, Progress and Rev Pro are all bingo hall promotions. 99.9% of the general public have no clue they exist.
>>
Lol you have to be mentally challenged if you think pro wrestling can be mainstream relevant again. The only chance of its survival is to become a subculture with dedicated fanbase - so yeah, smarks.
>>
>>1788757
I notice you conveniently omitted the puro bit.

>just started up

Compared to a promotion that goes back decades and the oldest promotion in the world? Yeah, actually.
>>
>>1788763
'sup 1995
>>
>>1788732
>>NOAH is more prestigious than All Japan or Big Japan

fergut dis kunt

>AJPW

Baba's wife sold out to the higest bidder when NOAH broke off with the ideal that AJPW should be kept alive until its 30th year as a tribute to her husband. Quickly became the most 'American Sports Entertainment' company (before Hustle took the reigns) and a vanity project that drew less and less over the years. Earning a pittance, not in the least bit financially solvent, no cultural attention and HEAVILY RUMORED to now be a subsidary of NJPW.

>Big Japan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

u med me laff so hard i lit vomitted up on da dog u sik thik kunt
>>
>>1788759
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure WCPW is still by far the least big of a deal.
>>
>>1788771
Big Japan is the biggest promotion in Japan after NJPW and is certainly bigger than NOAH.

>solvent

It's cute that you heard this word, but it's not impressing anybody.
>>
>>1788771
Ajpw is now outdrawing Noah.

Noah is Njpws second company.
>>
>>1788786
And we never heard from the barely-literate shitposter again.
>>
The difference is WWE became PG and have a lot of kids and families Invested, they will always have a new generation who will either stick on or stop watching by the time they're 15
>>
>>1788770
How the fuck do you think something like pro wrestling could have another big boom in today's culture?
>>
>>1788855
You can, though. Someone from /wsg/ had a half awesome and half crazy theory
>>
>>1788862
Please do tell since I have no clue.
>>
>>1788849
The mean age for WWE viewers is getting older, dude.

If that were the case, we'd have seen a bunch of smarks who grew up as Cenation kids all over forums by now: but we haven't.
>>
WWE will never be mainstream again, if anything CM Phil getting humiliated on his UFC debut only made WWE's reputation go down the toilet even more
>>
>>1788873
actually both phil and Brock brought UFC's huge fanbase to WWE. It was a not a bad thing that he lost. People saw his bravery for trying out MMA at 37 and losing valiantly to gall.
>>
>>1788873
Ah yes, because the organisation that deifies Shawn Michaels really depended on legitimacy.
>>
File: tumblr_nj6fm4bWuG1shikn8o1_500.png (455KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj6fm4bWuG1shikn8o1_500.png
455KB, 500x500px
The biggest stars of Attitude era -

1. Austin
2. Rock
3. Triple H
4. Undertaker
5. Kurt Angle

Biggest of this era -

1. Kevin Owens
2. Dean Ambrose
3. Aj Styles
4. Seth Rollins
5. Finn Balor

And you wonder why wrestling is failing mainstream.
>>
>>1788940

recreate this motherfuckers.
>>
>>1788940
>HHH at 3
>Angle over Foley

>Reigns not in Top 5
>Bálor on there after his month on the main roster

You didn't even try.
>>
>>1788825

kant proov da negativ. drop da data of big japan and ajpw 'thriving'.

>>1788855

Can't be done:

>Fast declining audience.
>A TV audience that is growing fatter/older by the year. Will reach 50+ very soon. They're not creating new fans
>TV contract soon up for renewal, one that they still rely on completely to operate. In a scenario where they lost it, or it was slashed 3/4, WWE would go out of business as a touring promotion overnight and exist only as a Netflix of previous content
>Wrestling as an industry does not have the talent to usher in another boom. 'Workers' as a breed are dead (for too many reasons to get into) or retired. They've been replaced by self-indulgent poppers who are not in the environment or been broken in good enough or mentally sound to what is reuired of 'drawing' to ever cause a boom.
>The increasing lack of money in the biz (check out the % of revenue WWE are paying talents today - lowest ever, IIRC) means 'talent' will not be drawn to the industry. You can see it now in the nerds who wrestle today who - to be straight - would work for WWE for free because they're huge marks.

I expect it to become a completely fringe and nerd subculture. Similar to comics. You can see it in the fans already. Expect a complete subversion into what comics is in 2016 very soon.
>>
>>1789000
>You can see it now in the nerds who wrestle today who - to be straight - would work for WWE for free because they're huge marks.
This is actually one of the biggest problems IMO. How are new guys gonna be attracted to developmental deals in the future since they can't compete with dudes with over a decade of experience who didn't mind doing it for peanuts until then? But honestly, it's not necessarily bad. As long as a product I like watching is being put out I could care less about how much money it's drawing.
>>
>>1788867
I liked Hitman and Bob Backlund as a kid, but never posted about them here. Cena fans who grew out of him in 2007 tended to like Edge
>>
>>1788940
>The biggest stars of Attitude era -

1. Austin
2. Hogan
3. Rock
4. Nash
5. Goldberg

...adding WCW makes it look even worse vs today.

Then there's the thing to consider that - only basing it on existant TV wrestling footage - 'workers' have gotten worse every generation from the 50s. The average standard was a lot higher in the mid 00s vs now, from the 90s vs mid 00s, 80s to 90s etc going back to the 50s.

If you think (rightly) Owens/Ambrose/Rollins is shit, just imagine what the fuckers in 2026 will be like! It's enough to keep you up with nightmares.

[AJ, Joe and retired Bryan/Punk are top notch, but none of them are in he mould of top industry stars that could create a boom.]
>>
>>1788944
Why did Undertaker try to become Stone Cold in the early 2000s?

Also,
>dat Rocky
he was so based up until around 2001. 2001-2002 Rocky is shit. Then Hollywood Rock came back and restored him. Then Dwayne had to ruin everything by coming back as DWAYNE in 2011-present.
>>
File: 9X8jF.png (33KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
9X8jF.png
33KB, 180x180px
>>1789012
>How are new guys gonna be attracted to developmental deals in the future since they can't compete with dudes with over a decade of experience who didn't mind doing it for peanuts until then?

No money in the biz = no decent incoming talent.

Why would a big, tall and highly driven ex-sportsman go into wrestling when the industry outside of WWE is dead and developmental are only offering $70k/year? He'd have to be a mark to jump at that, but that creates the lawgic trap of: mark mentality = not the right mind for the biz and capabilities for drawing.

Remember, another example of then vs. now: when Ole Anderson broke into the biz he earned $300 his first week wrestling, adjusted for inflation that's $2200 in today's money.

Why did a green as fuck prospect earn $2200 his first week in 1967? Because the industry was thriving vs. the shit state it's in today.
>>
>>1788940
>Austin
Everyone today would complain that he can't wrestle. Wouldn't draw today.

>Rock
All talk and no in-ring action. The culmination of his feuds into shitty endings in PPVs wouldn't be loved today.

>HHH
Do I even need to say why he doesn't work in today's wrestling?

>Undertaker
He was a shit tier wrestler back then, and people wouldn't fall for that kind of shit in today's wrestling. Maybe if we had a permanent version of mid 2000s Taker.

>Angle
Only person who would work in his prime today due to a combo of in ring and promo work.
>>
File: Sasha_Banks.0.0.jpg (120KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sasha_Banks.0.0.jpg
120KB, 1600x900px
>>1789027

>4. Nash
>>
>>1789065
>Everyone today would complain that he can't wrestle. Wouldn't draw today.

ur hol poast:

>The only thing more broken today than the ability to work is the damaged perceptions of the fans

dum kunts breed dum opinions. e.g.:

>Owens is a GREAT wrestler, shitlord!
>>
>>1789074
>dum kunt poasting half-breed jew

Feel free to make a convincing argument of how Taker/Angle outdid Nash on: a) cultural relevancy, b) impact on the industry, c) drawing during the Attitude Era years of 96-00.

You won't and it's because:

>dum kunts breed dum opinions
>>
>>1789057
>lawgic
instatly disregarded everything you said and I was even agreeing with you to a point
>>
File: 1444746147037.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1444746147037.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>1789027
>4. Nash
>>
>>1789081
>>1789088
Is this guy some known retard I've never seen before? Just look at the way he writes. Is this guy already known around here and I'm I being taken for a ride or does he have legit brain damage?
>>
Big guys who can cut promos= ratings, and the only full time big guy who does that is Cena
>>
>>1789081
Not even saying that everyone today's great, but the standards for what fans want these days has gone very high, and neither the wrestlers of back then nor the ones today are necessarily meeting it.
>>
>>1789105
>6'1 billed height
>big guy
>>
>>1789102
>dum kunts breed dum opinions

Nice swerve. I await your eventual flounce.
>>
>>1789105
Its not promos as much as it is innate charisma these guys had. Promos tend to compliment charismatic personalities.

And that's what lacking in today's WWE, guys that can wrestle great but lack charisma and personality that can attract wide range of demographics.
>>
File: John_Zandig.jpg~c200.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
John_Zandig.jpg~c200.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
>ctrl-f czw
>mfw no results
>>
>>1789159
What are you implying anon? Are you suggesting CZW is booming right now?
>>
>>1789168
it's chugging along, and has lasted longer than wcw at this point. and something about a tv show now
>>
>>1789159
The only time I ever heard anything about CZW in the last few years was because the dumb cunts had a wrestler use a gun in the finish of a title match.
>>
>>1789175
>has lasted longer than wcw

yeah by never being on actual TV. This really means nothing. WCW could've survived another 20 without TV contracts, as indy.
>>
>>1788756
worked for UFC
>>
>>1788732
>All Japan and Big Japan
>anything worth noting
>PROGRESS and RevPro
>anything worth noting

lmao
>>
>>1789065
18+
>>
>>1788732

1 las ting abut Elite/de chili lucha u dum kunt:

Meltzer reported this week that Elite can't afford the whopping wages of Alberto del Rio and AAA are having to break the bank to get him on board and will only be able to use him on select dates. His fee?

>$4000/appearance

>chilli lucha isn't 'thriving' u dum kunt
>>
>>1791571
Anytime you feel like killing yourself that'd be great by us.
>>
>>1793682
fuck off headcase
>>
>>1794393
>you're so gay because I want to fuck you in the ass

ISSUES!
>>
>>1794447
>gay racist

Eww.
>>
One of the worst threads I've ever seen not only because of the shitposting but because one guy is trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about while speaking like a retard
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.