[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/-Tyler the Creator is one of our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 44

File: skateharris.jpg (120KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
skateharris.jpg
120KB, 500x375px
Basic brand info for beginners http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe reviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

Submit a shoe review: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU 'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

skatepark etiquette: go early or go burly

Drop an ear if you 're out of inspiration to our man's playlist:
https://soundcloud.com/terry-hesticles/terryhesticlesskatepunkmix

old thread:>>1763090

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrdEuEWBIFQ

/wwe/ NAZIS FUCK OFF
>>
my shop gave me a sheet of mob the other day with the deck i bought
i went to another shop and bought black magic

i used to assume all grip tape was the same!
either black magic is not super rough or mob is super rough but holy shit mob must shred shoes in no time at all
>>
>>1782769
mob is the most durable
you have to scale what do you want; if you think you 're going to destroy the board within the first month or so, along with the shoes, you could settle for a less durable griptape.
But if you flip the board a lot and don't jump down massive gaps and have durable sheos as well, mob might be what you want.
>>
>>1782775
the stuff is just gnarly, i feel like i'd need to file it down all over to get any use out of it. normally i just file the cut edges and the spots where i hold the deck so i dont destroy my thumbs with my normal griptape but this mob shit is serious. i'll take a side-by-side when i get home
>>
>>1782775
I skate mob, but I also skate cupsole shoes.

speaking of which, eS really pulled their finger out of their arse with the swift. unbelievably nice for a cupsole shoe.
>>
>>1782789
really? my local shop carries those but i wasnt in love with the style(or the price) i ended up going across town and getting some half-cabs on clearance. maybe i'll give the es a try next
>>
What shoes do you guys wear?
How long have you been using them?
>>
>>1782994
nike sb and fuck people who hate them they're awesome i'm using them for 6 moths already and only had to hotglue them once.
>>
>>1782792
first pair of shoes I bought for skating that I didn't really dig aesthetically. Still, I'm very happy with them. I got em cheap enough compared to what vans cost here in upside-down land
>>
>>1783055
my gripe with Nike SB and Adidas/ any other external brand still remains, fuck you for being a shill enough to buy their crap. Support real skateboarders.
>>
>>1783055
Gain height
>>
Antwuan Dixon is going back to prison?
>>
>>1782994
Some shitty canvas Vans I got on sale. Been wearing them for almost a year, they're falling apart and kill my feet but I'm too poor to buy new ones.
>>
>>1783307
fuck knows why, but yeah
>>
Is World Ind. the worst or the best thing that happened to skateboarding? I am ambigous about it; on one hand Rocco claims that he wanted to market the accessibility of street skating. On the other, Plan B and generally this generation were the first to put non-inspiring videos out.
>>
>>1783771
Was the best ,now the worst. Bought world ind. shoes 8 years ago and the inner lining got worn quicker than the rest of the shoe. They got cool mascots though but it sucks they went downhill.
>>1782994
Suede vans shoes, seem to be holding up after 3 months, no holes yet but the soles are worn down and I shredded one of the laces.
>>
File: YA CUNT.jpg (610KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
YA CUNT.jpg
610KB, 1280x1920px
fuck I'm late.

QUIT BEING A SHITCUNT, SHITCUNT
>>
>>1783878
No, I mean when they started. They shifted both the industry and the skating itself to a new direction. But for all the marketing purposes, it was very uninviting. You could care less if you watched Mike Carrol or Danny Way, unless you yourself had switch ollies, 360 flips and backside tailslides on LOCK and I mean ON LOCK.

>>1783886
nah, you 're good shitcunt
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SD7akPX0oc

I can appreciate that NOW, not when I was beginning. If I was beginning at 13, how would they sell me on it? Answer is, not through the video. The video's work wasn't to allure you anymore, it was to dictate to you what your duties as a consumer would be; clothes and style had to compliment the pros, not skateboarding in general. American entertainment industry at its finest and purest.
>>
https://youtu.be/ctNMTUdlaP0
>>
>>1783929
>clothes and style

I meant YOUR clothes and style, the consumer's
>>
File: goearlyorgo.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
goearlyorgo.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
>>1783934
step down fool
>>
>>1783934
Revive shills pls go, stay go
>>
>>1784030
just a troll bro
>>
>tfw you can't get the crew together for a session
>>
guys how do i not get sore-ass muscles(figuratively and literally) after skating
>>
File: Purposly Retarded.jpg (335KB, 676x485px) Image search: [Google]
Purposly Retarded.jpg
335KB, 676x485px
>>1784043
dank
>>
>>1783934
That was sick, can't wait for my Giger lifeline deck to come in
>>
>>1784106
Rest then go hard when you feel comfy. when you're starting out of course your muscles ain't used to working hard. Gotta break em in first.
>>
>>1784170
Kek, better timestamp that shit. Don't let me down.
>>
>>1784109
no, I mean the guy who posted the video was a troll
>>
>>1782769
Mob m-80 has the durabilty with less corseness.
>>
Bought that Enjoi deck and fished out that set of royals boys.

I'm back in the game
Old friend of mine who I used to skate with says he's down for a session too

Can't wait
>>
File: handshake.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
handshake.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1784323
git it git it git it
>>
bumping real /asp/
>>
>>1783939
what gamecube game is that?
>>
>>1784694
Crazy Taxi
>>
Is that guy that makes videos about manga books still posting on here?
>>
>>1784857
I hope so. He's cute.
>>
>>1784937
Ah, so you are still posting here.
>>
Hey /asp/, first time posting, I just started skateboarding a month ago. I got down the ollie while rolling, but I wanted to know where do I go from here? Is there like a list of flat ground tricks that go from easy to hard or something like that?
>>
>>1785094
Fs and bs 180
No comply
Pop shuv
Front shuv
Kickflip
Heel flip
Boardslide
50-50
>>
Sup dudes, I finally told the cute femboy at the park that he was a qt. He giggled and skated away, did I fuck up?
>>
>>1785122
I think you scared John Hill away
>>
>>1782994
when i was younger i swore by airwalks but the cheapos they sell at payless now dont feel like the same airwalks i bought when i was a kid

now i swear by vans tnts or half-cabs. i have a pair of etnies that or okay too by i just love how goofy half-cabs look and i probably wont end up skating anything else until they stop making them
>>
>>1785172
He wasn't that ugly
>>
>>1785234
Do half cabs give some ankle support?
>>
File: 1450968526604.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450968526604.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>1783934
i get the revive hate, i do. most of their video or vlog bullshit and the guys are pretty obnoxious. the live skate support videos arent half bad and that gabe guy seems cool but the rest of the crew just feels super hokey.

that being said, revive is a skater-owned company that makes decks on the cheap, courts and caters to beginners and young people- something not many skate companies really do.

revive is like the world industries of the 2010's- they attract kids and get them into skating and skate culture. they're kind of obnoxious, but i'd much rather have kids idolizing and looking up to people like kyro and gieger than fuckstick people like captain_meme and fart_plays_minecraft video game streamers, know what i mean?
>>
File: WP_20160920_20_01_40_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160920_20_01_40_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>1785252
not as much as a proper high-top but def more than a low style shoe. they're an acquired taste
>>
>>1785269
I see what you are saying, but:

1. World industries printed cartoon graphics that mocked the flag, had children doing hard drugs, naked women, horrible and violent situations.

2. Vallely. 80's Powell-Peralta videos. Your friend down the street, your local skatepark. Revive is just pampering man.

And I understand what you are saying and I respect that and I appreciate what they are doing and you made a good post.

But we 're still going to make fun of them.
>>
File: shoes.png (2MB, 1100x772px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.png
2MB, 1100x772px
>>1782994
I've had these vans for around a year, desperately need to retire them because I can hardly even get flick or drag my toe because of the holes in my soles. Plus the soles at this point are so warn down they're like fucking slippers. Recommend me some all black durable skate shoes. I was looking at some Emerica's
>>
File: skateok.png (11KB, 572x504px) Image search: [Google]
skateok.png
11KB, 572x504px
ok weaklings, watch this video WATCH IT.
That's prime Jovontae destroying shit, taking posers out slowly and painfully, just watch that backside big flip at 4:35.
This is from Jacob Rosenberg's private stash, unedited footage that didn't end up on any World video. You can see Jovontae missing 360 flips which is the equivalent of Michael Jordan missing a jump shoot.
At 7:33 he does his heelflip like me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtAbVebEi5Y
>>
>>1785269
The type of hate they get is kinda similar to the hate Tony Hawk gets. But just because you watch them doesn't mean you have to buy their merch, the same goes to other youtube merch. I'll be guilty of watching braille when I have nothing to do but the Revive as a brand doesn't really appeal to me, they appeal more to a younger audience like you said. Discussing youtube channels instead of skateboarding is just horseshit.
>>1785525
Kek, drunk wet willy was my favorite graphic
>>
File: skatenatasmylord.jpg (192KB, 940x500px) Image search: [Google]
skatenatasmylord.jpg
192KB, 940x500px
>>1785938
>drunk wet willy
>>
>>1785865
Currently copping a suede version of that shoe for a couple months now but also got canvas ones on reserve. Can't tell if that's suede or canvas, if that's canvas I'd be impressed it lasted that long.
Etnies Fader, I copped them before those and they lasted me about a year and a half.
>>
>>1786171
Nah it isn't canvas. Pretty sure it's the suede ones. I'll check them out. First week I got those shoes I was barefoot in them and got lost in a forest for 8 hours until police found me and my buddy piss drunk walking aimlessly to get out, so the sole wore down super fast in them near the heal. Would recommend not wearing them without socks.
>>
what happens if i buy trucks wider than my deck
>>
>>1786774
Nothing but a teeny bit of weight and probably can't do any primo tricks if you care
>>
>>1785122
You cuck'd yourself
>>
>>1785122
Fucking disgusting. You fucked up when you described him as cute. You also fucked up when you talked to it.
>>
>>1786774
wheels stick out a little past the edge of your deck
>>
>>1786880
no bully
>>
File: 1472536916275.png (109KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1472536916275.png
109KB, 358x358px
>>1787006
BULLY
>>
Do you guys have your laces tucked inside your shoe or do you just prefer them normally out? I tuck my laces just because usually I tie em tight, sometimes they'll be long and they get shredded easily. With high-tops I don't care.
>>
>>1787156
i dont leave em long but i've never had an issue with torn laces unless i'm sliding down ramps on my knees
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMDtbtht2Xg

>tfw some fat hipster dyke is better than me at skating

help I'm gonna kms
>>
>>1787240
you can get to this this level in no time at all. go skate!
>>
>>1787322
Fuck off Oprah
>>
>>1787322
> you can get to this this level in no time at all. go skate!
Holy fucking shit the state of you
>>
>>1787322
Yeah I know but I don't actually skate.
>>
>>1787328
>>1787333
>barely grasps the ollie
>can press the nose against a curb
>are those supposed to be no complys?
>slow-mo on the sketchiest trick in the entire video

this is like stuff elementary kids do
>>
>>1787356
They're joking bro. Surely nobody can be this bad at learning things.
>>
>>1785980
i love how it says "pope hat" on the popes hat
>>
OFFICIAL LIST OF OFFICIAL MEME TRICKS BY RANKING
1. Dolphin/Forward flips
2. Hospital flips
3. Body varials
4. Pressure flips
5. Nightmare flips
7. 360 hardflips
8. Benihanas
9. Any grab honestly
10. Lazer flips
11. Inward heelflips
12. Any varial flip
13. Ghetto birds that aren't nollie hardflip LATE backside 180s (not a revert) done by someone who isn't black.
*Sewa Kroetkov is an exception to this ranking
14. Late flips
15. Double flips
16. Undeflips
>>
>>1787410
>10. Lazer flips
>11. Inward heelflips
>12. Any varial flip

Yo you fucked it up.
>>
>>1787410
signed
>>
post A E S T H E T I C advertisements
>>
>>1787410
pretty sure this is literally just one guy spamming the phrase meme tricks over and over

what are you talking about you nerd get over yourself why do you care so much about the tricks other people do

i swear to god im gonna start doing nothing other than no complies and bonelesses and body varials just to piss you elitists off

hashtag make skateboarding fun again
>>
>>1787479
>"tricks" where your feet touch the ground
>skateboarding

heh
>>
Coffin is best trick, prove me wrong
Protip: you can't
>>
>>1787488
Them digits confirm, anything else is shit
>>
>>1787491
>getting impressed by dubs in 2016

>>>/b/
>>
>>1787479
>dolphin flip
>capable of being described as anything other than a meme
>a dead trick for like two decades
>literally only made popular among idiots these days by some youtuber
the rest of the list is shit, but you can't deny that dolphin flips are an actual meme
>>
>>1787495
Any trick is a meme for you, since you can't do none of them.
>>
>>1787530
i sincerely hope you're just attacking me, because otherwise you're literally defending dolphin flips
>>
>>1787553
Yeah I just wanted to do my joke since I know the majority of esg can't even ollie. But honestly there's nothing wrong with dolphin flips even though a memer youtuber made them popular again.
>>
Does /longboarding/ go in this thread?

What's a good longboard for a fat guy to just cruise with?
>>
>>1787486
forgot to mention streetplants thanks for reminding me
>>
>>1787576
No longboarding is reddit.
>>
>>1787619
Why is that?
>>
>>1787642
"""Rationalists""" (i.e. Redditors) always defend their lame longboarding habit as the more practical method of transportation (even though longboards are heavy as fuck, can't pop up curbs, and are literally designed for bombing hills not cruising around the city) when in reality they only longboard because they're too fat/uncoordinated to learn how to ollie.
Another classic argument is that "skateboards are a toy for children" and that they're "far too mature."
Typical redditor lmao.
>>
>>1787662
Who hurt you, anon?
>>
>>1787410
I really care about your list bro
>>
>>1787686
I'm actually not that bothered. I'm talking to a hot dude on tinder rn who longboards. I said I'd teach him how to ollie on our first date.
But I used to hang out with a bunch of hippies who did all the dance shit on their longboards and it looked super lame.
>>
>>1787240
how is it that all australian women are so gorgeous?
also, she's just having fun, go outside and do the same. Don't force yourself unless you feel like it, unless it makes you feel good.
>>
heres some footy for the guy who was complaining last thread

disclaimer: fs shoves are ugly and i never learned them when i was younger

the fs shove and the backside 180 were the last 2 beginner tricks that i never learned so im pretty happy i finally landed a couple of these

took me about 4 hours worth of tries, fuck this trick

youtube.com/watch?v=uu9LIrHMuFs
>>
>>1787980
it's allright

somebody at the skatepark reminded me that the board is supposed to follow you, not vice versa, so just work a little on making it spin under you maybe. That's what I've been doing lately. But that's the first step on getting comfortable landing it, jump backwards a little.
>>
>>1787994
pop shoves were one of my first tricks, and they rotate right under me- i figure getting that pop/push just right on the frontside shove will take some real practice and building muscle memory. the whole "push forward with back foot" motion is so foreign even getting a full rotation is a chore. you're right though- its def supposed to stay right underneath when the trick's done correctly
>>
>>1787240
That's a dude.
Straight up tranny, look at the chin and his shoulders
>>
How are skateboards as a means of transport? Most people on my campus use longboards, but from my limited use of them they seem unwieldy. I imagine skateboards can turn a smaller radius but are not stable down steep have hills.
>>
>>1787486
backside boneless, slob/fast plant, texas plant, bean plant...
>>
>>1787791
does he wear a lanyard, basketball shorts, and push mongo?
>>
>>1787240
goodness fucking gracious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smj1aA-WgqY
>>
>>1788014
if past a certain age you can't tell genders apart from secondary sexual characteristics, you need to take a break and reevaluate your life

>chin

don't you mean neck? as in adam's apple? which she doesn't have?
>>
>>1788001
you need to pop with ferocity.
>>
>>1788036
unless you really learn how to ride one confidently it's a shit form of transportation. you can bomb hills on a regular board too. the people that use longboards on campuses just don't realize the smooth ride comes from soft wheels and not the board
>>
>>1788054
>she
Quit fooling yourself
>>
>>1788043
that girl is awesome. I wish I could be her friend or even lover.
>>
>>1788056
>ollie
>pop shove
>fs shove sorta i guess
>fs 180
bs 180
>half cab
>other direction half-cab??
>kickflip
>heelflip
>boardslide
>50-50
>ollie one-foot
>bunch of ramp tricks

next up just need to put some time into the following:
360 shove
varial kickflip
frontside flip

skate straight motherfuckers!
>>
>>1788089
>bs 180

kek, why no greentext, hesitated there for a moment didn't we?

and it's frontside halfcab

I just want fakie kickflips.
I am finally starting to get the flip mechanics down.
Want to work on my switch game.
>>
>>1788064
So you're saying both longboards and skateboards are shit transportation methods?
>>
>>1788095
i dont have the bs 180 is why. cant seem to keep it under my feet

fakie kickflips are cake as long as your fakie ollies are solid though
>>
>>1788110
I know what you mean, you said so above.
Remember when we started skating, when we would have a little backpain?
I have it now, only it's centered above my butt and towards the left and sometimes it expands. Am I fucked?
>>
>>1788121
dunno, im not a doctor
take a week or two off and let it heal and see how it goes maybe
>>
>>1788100
yeah longboards are terrible all around and skateboards can be okay if you know what you're doing
>>
>>1788135
I know you 're not a doctorb, but you may have heard of something similar or had it happen to you.
>>
>>1788064
Pretty much. Longboards being "better riding" is just normalfags thinking a regular skateboard is too advanced for them or something. Whats funny is that I'm usually rolling faster than them on flat ground. I don't mind old school/cruiser shaped boards but a penny skateboard, feels weird under my feet.
https://youtu.be/duEQ2SQcDoQ
>>
>>1788184
Forgot to add
The only problem I have with long boards is that you can't really turn sharply since it's a long deck and that it's not light to carry around
>>
>>1787563
Jimmy Carlin does em
>>
File: shoes.jpg (153KB, 950x600px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
153KB, 950x600px
Today I landed primo on my tailbone. Luckily it didn't go up my ass.

>>1782994
Westgates, 3 or 4 months. The holes around the toe just appeared today after lots of tre flip attempts.
>>
Name one Revive skater that doesn't ride on Force wheels? Pro Tip: You can't
>>
>>1789740
name one pro who has excellent style and shreds and isn't an imbecile.
>>
>>1789759
Kek, Tony Hawk ;^)
>>
>>1789759
Mullen
>>
>>1789762
yeah I thought of him too

>>1789765
eh, true
>>
any experiences with enjoi decks? Might cop one for my next board
>>
>>1789780
Only way to see if you like it is to a, just buy it or b. just ask to stand on it at your shop and if you like it buy it.

Most decks are 7 ply maple so there's really no difference in quality, all about the concave and width preference.
>>
>>1789740
Doesn't matter, they all rip
>>
>>1788095
>frontside halfcab
Lmao
It's just a fakie fs 180
Cabs and half cabs are always bs
>>
>>1790793
I 've heard it called frontside half cab.
>>
>>1790798
By kooks
>>
File: coolcat.png (118KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
coolcat.png
118KB, 500x517px
>>1790860
relaaaaax

Is anyone else bothered by the fact Jenkemm always updates with shitty mixes and hasn't published a decent article in months?
>>
Ayo, what trick you all working on getting down lately?
>>
File: 1466677050047.jpg (13KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466677050047.jpg
13KB, 480x480px
>>1790883
ollie
>>
File: skatemeister.jpg (296KB, 1132x825px) Image search: [Google]
skatemeister.jpg
296KB, 1132x825px
>>1787472
>>
File: skatexenu.jpg (180KB, 1219x800px) Image search: [Google]
skatexenu.jpg
180KB, 1219x800px
>>1787472
I always liked this picture, I had it as wallpaper.
>>
>>1782757
Courtesy bump cause fuck Dieselfag
>>
>>1791033
>Dieselfag

who is that my man?
>>
>>1791097
Fuck off smark
>>
>>1790883
inward heels
FS flips
half cab heels
tre flips (but this doesn't count because I've been trying tres ever since I got kickflips)
>>
>>1790883

ollies and shuv-its
>>
>tfw I spend half f my day at an anatomically illegal desk while working lifting shit and skating at 2:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3oKrbp1Ej0
>>
>>1782994
janoski hyperfeels that i got given as a present.
theyre actually really fuckin good.
>>
>>1787410
ye jelly coz u cannae lazer flip
>>
>>1788036
learn powerslides
>>
what do you think about these boards?
http://uittoboards.com/

discuss
>>
>>1789780
get the impact ones, only way to go imo
>>
>>1789759
Cory Kennedy
>>
>>1790883
50 50
Ollie
Pop shuv
And rock to fakie
>>
Where did the "Andrew Reynolds has the best frontside flips" meme come from?
>>
How likely is it that I'll be able to kickflip after nine years away
>>
>>1791469
You'll get it. If I haven't taken skating seriously after 4 years then gotten back practicing and getting it done after a month, If you were a kid those 9 years back and now you've grown you could get it done better if you use most of your spare time practicing.
>>
>>1791262
>still made of wood
I'll take it over a penny board
>>1790883
FS180s
Kickflips

About it, gotten used to doing powerslides and reverts on rough concrete yesterday. Haven't worked on doing a boneless, gotten to jumping up with the board board then I get slow on dropping the board and landing my front foot on. I think too much while doing it.
>>
>>1790883
Fs 180, and board slide.

I know I'm a shitter.
>>
back smiths or back tails?
>>
>>1791631
Tails
>>
>>1791631
Back tails are simple, Smiths have style
>>
>>1791639
Tails are harder than smiths in my honest opinion
>>
>>1791657
smiths look better tho
>>
File: image.jpg (628KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
628KB, 2048x2048px
New qt kitter deck
Maybe now the boys at the park will see how qt I am too
>>
>>1791780
Thats a pretty shite grip job. Get a sharper blade next time.
>>
File: Sanrio X Chocolate.jpg (55KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sanrio X Chocolate.jpg
55KB, 600x1200px
>>1791780
not QT enough fampai
>>
>>1782757
next time you make a thread , if you dont want to be filtered dont mention "wwe", its on our automatic filter list
>>
>>1791798
used a kitchen knife
it's all gonna get shit up after 1 sesh anyway
>>
>>1790883
Working on 360 flips.
Got them down 7/10 times but they are ugly as fuck. Any tips on getting them to not look like shit?
>>
>>1791469
probably within 5-10 tries
>>
new loveletters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axlPRqb-Cg

how could he forget Ben Schroeder??

also, whose company is the symbol of teh halfmoon and the star?
It's one of world's network. 101 had the 101, World had the globe sketch, Blind had the blind logo and Plan B had the B which looked like a skateboard.
>>
File: Foundation.jpg (25KB, 350x315px) Image search: [Google]
Foundation.jpg
25KB, 350x315px
>>1791988
>halfmoon and the star
Foundation, which I am surprised still exists.
>>
>>1792040
fucking thank you anon

you the man

were they in the World network after all? I remember wondering since I saw the logo in the Rocco documentary, where they have the whole network tree if you remember.
>>
File: feels good man.png (110KB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
feels good man.png
110KB, 330x270px
I ollied up a curb yesterday. Still cant do any flip tricks, but at least getting more confident with ollies.
>>
What are some non-lame no comply tricks?
>>
>>1792045
The first time I caught a ledge's edge with my nose and shifted my weight to my frontfoot was when all of the videos of the early 90s started to make sense.

(it wasn't that long ago either)

>>1792046
all of them
>>
>>1792040
and btw, they had a mean roster back in the 90s
>>
>>1788184
>all those heckles
>>
File: quad lser.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
quad lser.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
hit a lady in the subway by accident skating.

who else done this?
>>
>>1792061
>skating in the subway

it's degenerates like you that give skaters a bad name.
>>
File: skate80s.jpg (73KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
skate80s.jpg
73KB, 500x432px
>>1792061
don't listen to that motherfucker >>1792072
skate and vandalise
>>
>>1785269
>i'd much rather have kids idolizing and looking up to people like kyro and gieger than fuckstick people like captain_meme and fart_plays_minecraft video game streamers

But they literally have a minecraft deck, and their target audience is literally these video game streamer memer watching kids. It's literally the same exact thing, but the sakteboarding version.
>>
>>1788043
>>1788014
>>1788065
Yo guys I was just joking by calling her a fat dyke, no need to hate. Looks aside she's actually trying to skate.
>>
>>1792061
When I was a kid learning to skate I was skating in a crowded place because the ground was good and it was safe from the rain. So I'm dodging people getting good and shit, basically the inventor of skate slalom. Then I realize how swag I'm being, keep in mind back in the day swag was new, so it was cool, and I check my swag reflection in a window.

Then I slammed face first into a cougar's big fat tits, because I wasn't paying attention, and now I have a milf fetish.
>>
File: 1447452978364.jpg (84KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1447452978364.jpg
84KB, 768x576px
>>1792080
right on
>>
>>1792061
had wheelsnag on a paving slab one time, fell flat on my face and my skateboard missed the wheel of an oncoming car by about half an inch

shat a brick
>>
>>1791780
>blue grip tape
>huge gap for the logo

Blew it lad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHPcDfz0EtE
>>
If I wanted to buy a skateboard with a custom image deck, where's the best place to go?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>1792859
Screen print shop, good luck.
>>
I have this longboard I got from a friend long ago
I don't like longboards because they're clunky and I can't ollie on them.

Am I being too ambitious on copping a skateboard if I never done a trick?
>>
>>1793011
Yeah stay out of skateboarding, it's not for you.
>>
>>1793016
in retrospect it is a pretty stupid question
gonna go cop a board now
>>
>>1793024
that's the spirit champ, sell that longboard on craigslist or something
>>
>>1793027
it's a pseudo-longboard but yeah I think I might hold on to it until I harness the powers of the skateboard
hopefully a skateboard doesnt cost too much
>>
>>1793049
is this a bad buy?
https://www.amazon.com/SCSK8-Skateboard-Complete-Pre-Assembled-Graphic/dp/B00J4ZHW5S/ref=sr_1_3_m?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1474600017&sr=1-3&keywords=skateboard
seems convenient and although the brand names aren't in the pastebin I was wondering what other skaters thought beyond the reviews

this is definitely most convenient considering my budget - I've searched around assemble your own sites/buy parts separate and it added up to $100
>>
>>1793075
No this is real shit, not worth it at all. Just go to a local shop and get the cheapest parts you can get.
>>
>>1793077
it definitely seemed too good to be true
I guess I'll hit up the skateshop
thanks
>>
>>1793075
No no no no no, Save up for a real board. Reminder that you are paying for the quality. If you go to your local shop, you can save a bit of cash on generic blank wheels and a shop branded deck.
>>
>>1793089
would blank wheels size up to brand name wheels in the pastebin?
as you get better at skateboarding, does the terrain not matter if you're rocking hard wheels?
>>
>>1793098
Blank anything is the same as brand everything, just without the graphic, thus cheaper.
>>
>>1793109
well that's good because I fucking hate brands
>>
File: 20160807_005247.jpg (3MB, 2977x4114px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_005247.jpg
3MB, 2977x4114px
>>1793098
Generally most street skateboard blank wheels are hard but if you want to roll over rough cracked concrete you'd get softer wheels but talk to the shop guys what they recommend for affordable soft wheels.
>>1793109
no, do not encourage him to get a blank deck, it has a bit less pop.
>>
>>1793119
if you're concerned about corporate brands, support independent new brands.
>>
>>1793125
>it has a bit less pop

It depends who made it dumbass, they're not all the same. A noob doesn't care about pop either.
>>
>>1793131
These independent new brand are corporate backed.

Get a Tum Yeto or a Bakerboys board.
>>
>>1793139
So I shouldn't get a Welcome skateboard? Is Hockey shit too?
>>
>>1793142
No, get whatever you like. There's minimal difference between skate brands, especially for a new skater to notice. Support your local brands.
>>
Hey, what the fuck happend to darkstar I noticed they selling completes at walmart?
>>
>>1793161
Anon bought a revive deck and killed all other brands' business.
>>
>>1793172
That fucker. ANON RUINED SKATING FOR ME, FUCK YOU ANON
>>
>>1793075
>5" trucks
Holy shit.
>>
>>1793352
They're probably just measuring the hanger actually.
>>
File: ah-fall1-16-07.jpg (383KB, 1200x973px) Image search: [Google]
ah-fall1-16-07.jpg
383KB, 1200x973px
what the fuck is wrong with anti-hero
>>
File: ah-fall1-16-10.jpg (784KB, 1200x2044px) Image search: [Google]
ah-fall1-16-10.jpg
784KB, 1200x2044px
>>
when did thick decks become a thing?
I've just bought a 7.5
>>
>>1793485
>7.5

Manlet.
>>
>>1790883
Tre flips, double kick/heelflips, no comply
>>
>>1793485
Switched from a 7.5 to a 7.75 to an 8.5 within a couple months of getting back into skating. I miss the lightness of having a thinner deck but im growing to like the feeling if having more board under my feet.
>>
>>1793633
8.5 is literally a clown meme size.
>>
>>1793633
I'm quite tall (190cm/6'3) and I ride a 7.75 board, purely because it's what I'm used to. Did you find flipping the board more difficult when you switched to 8.5? Is the increased stability worth the trade off?
>>
File: skateportroyal.jpg (39KB, 150x500px) Image search: [Google]
skateportroyal.jpg
39KB, 150x500px
>>1792859
there's an online store, but I forgot which is it

here's my custom board
>>
>>1793481
based grosso rocking it to the end of times
>>
I'm 175lb, I feel way too heavy to skate well.
I can do tricks that require less flips, varials, kick/heelflip etc but tre/bigspin/high ollies just don't come.
Is this normal or am I being a puss
>>
>>1793866
Dunno man, there was a chubby dude who used to post footage on here and he was pretty decent.
>>
>>1792046
Bs 360
They're so fun
>>
File: skaterplease.png (81KB, 204x189px) Image search: [Google]
skaterplease.png
81KB, 204x189px
>>1793871
>>1793866
>not knowing ThreadKiller
>>
>>1790876
I wish someone would answer that
>>
>>1792249
It's not like you need grip tape anywhere near that region of the board, moron
>>
>>1790883
Varials and tres.
Trying to make my kickflips consistent and high as well.
>>
>>1793866
about the same weight here how tall are you? assuming you're not a manlet it really shouldn't be a problem
just remember that youre never going to be able to pop a trick any higher than you can jump on flatground, but thats really the only thing weight should limit

>>1793633
>>1793640
plenty of people shred on 8,5 quit calling everything a meme jesus christ
i switched from 7.75 to 8 to 8.25 and dont regret it at all
the weight is hardly noticeable compared to how much easier it feels to catch the board
big dick big deck
>>
>>1794087
I moved from 8.125 to 8.25 and it broke my foot so I've gone back to 8.125
>>
I think I may have a spinal disk problem
>>
gonna turn 25 in a few days.
think about starting skating again. To be honest, I could only ollie, but I think I could learn the fs and popshuv(maybe in a month or two). Is it too late for me to come back?
will I look like retarded?
>>
>>1794169
I started skating in 25 too
>>
>>1794169
Read the OP. I'm 32.
>>
is a good skateboard going to cost ~$100 no matter what?
>>
>>1794188
Yea just pay it and skate . Or go on craiglist and find a used board. Hit up a cousin or relative or friend borrow their board forever etc.
>>
>>1794220
my roommate has a spare board but it seems bent up
guess I'll take the plunge, thanks
>>
>>1794231
If the deck itself is in bad shape, just buy a cheap one from a shop and put the trucks/wheels on it, if they're decent quality.
>>
>>1794244
quick question
never dealt with grip tape before
usually when I push off the longboard I move my left foot forward, but now I can't slide it into position with the grip
I guess I just have to lift my foot a little bit or something?
how do you usually push?
>>
>>1794249
are you serious man?
>>
>>1794285
I'm just overthinking things it'll work out
>>
>>1794169
Just be aware that you will meet a lot of people your age who skated for more than 10 years and they are already pros.
I'm talking consistent tre-flips, various grinds (you can flip into and flip out grinds and slides).
You will only be that good after 5 years of skating minimum, although some people progress really fast i've seen people doing 7 stairs after only a year but it's rare.
If you really want to git good prepare to sink few thousand hours into skateboarding.
>>
>>1793485
Been skating 7.6 as a kid. Got my board stolen years ago, long story. Decided to buy a 7.5, and what I can tell you is that it's now fucking harder to land from stairs now but easier to flip though I will sometimes catch/land; could be the free Jessup that came with it. On a 7.75 I feel okay riding on but my spare 7.75 is rotting and splitting since it's been sitting in the rain and is old. I might consider a 8.0 since I can't find 7.75's around. Times have changed
>>
File: 1273702407218.gif (2MB, 317x240px) Image search: [Google]
1273702407218.gif
2MB, 317x240px
would rather slam forward or backward?
>>
>>1794715
Backward can kill your tailbone
Forward can kill your head

Backwards, I usually land on my hands first making sure my rump doesn't get rekt but my hands will get wrist pain.
>>
>>1794759
I'm always more wary of hitting my head when falling backwards desu, at least if I go forwards I will generally roll rather than flop.
>>
>>1794715
forwards.
hitting the back of your head sucks. bruising your tailbone sucks too.
>>
>>1794715
>>1794800
I'd rather go forwards too. Can roll into it using arms/legs if needed rather than just wreck the shit out of my wrists and/or tailbone when falling on my ass
>>
>>1793476
Nothing
>>
>>1793476
What?
>>
What are some /fa/ skate companies?
I'm currently looking at Magenta and 5boro.
>>
https://youtu.be/Hp672h9xJxQ
>>
>>1795383
>/fa/
Gain height
>>
File: why.png (358KB, 863x720px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
358KB, 863x720px
>>1795393
I thought this was a bully free zone.
>>
>>1795404
Effay fags are the worst.
Scooter tier
>>
>Land awkwardly on hand when bailing
>Shoulder hurts terribly when I move it in very specific ways 2 weeks later
Should I doctor?
>>
>>1795424
happened to me too. Watch your lower back.

>>1795404
it is bb. It's just a troll
>>
>>1795436
>watch your lower back
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN
>>
>>1795386
So sick
>>
File: 1421801180428.jpg (7KB, 162x160px) Image search: [Google]
1421801180428.jpg
7KB, 162x160px
>>1795404
Hockey/FuckingAwesome. Happy bud
>>
>>1793791
Only started riding the 8.5 a few days ago but honestly, i hardly feel a difference in how much more effort it takes to flip the board. If anything its how much higher I'll have to bring my feet up to accomodate but only time will tell.
>>
>>1795439
don't skate nervously or you 'll hurt the muscles you pull more frequently when skateboarding.

SO THAR YOU GO
>>
>>1795461
Nigger garbage
>>
File: FHFnWdk.png (343KB, 400x458px) Image search: [Google]
FHFnWdk.png
343KB, 400x458px
hello /esg/

i've been trying to land kickflips for a while now but i just cant seem to get them down

ollies are pretty high and im having no issue with pop. however when i try to flick, i end up flicking down instead of out

do i need to bring in my back foot in a way so i kick forward? or should i move my front knee in some different way?

pic related
>>
>>1795919
Try dragging your front foot upward along the board when you pop once your toe reaches the edge of the board, flick out to the side not downward and yeah don't forget to lift your back foot once you've popped to let the board gain height.
>>
>autistic op still being autistic
wew
>>
Did Hawk steal the first 900 from Pappas by bribing the officials not to let him into the best trick competition that day?
>>
File: 1416293049200.png (71KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
1416293049200.png
71KB, 919x737px
>>1796045
As poisonus as the country
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCREGb5ej8Q

>tfw you'll never be this good at skateboarding
>>
>>1794581
Seven stairs is fucking nothing. Not impressive at all for skating a whole year.
>>
is there any online archive of decks anywhere?
Trying to look at the Blueprints I used to ride in the early 2000s
>>
>>1795383

palace
>>
I just bought my first skateboard

what now
>>
>>1794715
backwards, i love the shock sensation
>>
>>1796641
ride it
>>
>>1796641
throw it in the bin
>>
File: KWFL14961-2.jpg (26KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
KWFL14961-2.jpg
26KB, 250x382px
do you have to have certain wheels to do powerslide? was wondering because my wheels seem a bit small for nailing them

at the moment i'm rolling with flip sidecuts
>>
>>1796694
probably not slippy enough because they're dyed red which makes them sticky and shit
only buy white urethane
>>
>>1796641
hurt yourself on it
>>
>>1796694
if you go fast enough or push out hard enough you can pretty much powerslide any wheel regardless of hardness (durometer) or urethane color. Colored wheels tend to be of lower hardnesses, so some people feel like it's the color that makes them "sticky".

Still, harder wheels are easier to slide, and wheels that have been broken in are easier to slide still.

here's some quick info:
http://www.tactics.com/info/choosing-skateboard-wheels
>>
>>1796696
Nice meme, I slide just fine on my blue f4's 99du
>>
File: IMG_2616.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2616.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1782994
some vans i got off of a power line. been wearing them for about 4 or 5 months. im getting a new pair pretty soon
>>
>tfw nobody to skate with
>mfw i've only got one friend who i hang around with, all he wants to talk about is his nans tooth surgery and cars

fuck my life, fuck my town
>>
>>1793481
>actually using cyrillic letters for the right sounds instead of ones that look similar to latin characters
I wish more people would do this.
>>
File: oI9PtL3.jpg (41KB, 719x541px) Image search: [Google]
oI9PtL3.jpg
41KB, 719x541px
>>1794099
>>
>>1795919
I know that feel. My problem is I can't get front foot back on deck. It's like my muscle memory is tainted and the front foot just stays where it finished the flick.
>>
File: tumblr_ne9zz5p9bH1rxojavo1_1280.jpg (149KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne9zz5p9bH1rxojavo1_1280.jpg
149KB, 640x640px
>>1795383
bronze
>>
>>1796809
I'd skate with you, anon. But I'm fat so you'd have to excuse me for being shit at it.
>>
>>1796809
Similar problem, bud only talks about guitars and how shitty work is
>>
>>1796807
You took shoes off a powerline?
How?
>>
>>1797743
His nerves have no pain
>>
I bought this for $125 (after tax) Needed something to go about 1 mile a day 5 days a week. Did I fuck up?

http://landyachtz.com/boards/mini-cruisers/dinghy-24-nautical
>>
>>1798172
yes
you should have bought a skateboard
>>
>>1798172
>penny board
are you trying to look like a poser?
>>
>>1798186
>>1798181

I wanted something like a long board but smaller. I don't know, I've never really skated before.
>>
File: 1472937320532.jpg (239KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472937320532.jpg
239KB, 800x600px
>>1798189
>long board

you really are a poser fuckboy aren't you? if you can't skate then just get a bike, the only people who don't think long boarders are complete tool bags are long boarders.
>>
>>1798189
>I don't know, I've never really skated before.

Just learn how, it should take you a year at most to git decent with losta practice.
>>
>>1798172
Yep, this was a mistake.
Landyachtz makes things that would suit your needs If you get store credit back and plop down like 50$ more dollars. Still overpriced as fuck though, I mean paying 120$ for a penny board is kind of absurd.
>>
Anyone here go late night skating? I found a nice bank in an industrial area that I'm going to check out later
>>
>>1792058
Don't worry, all of them are fake.
>>
been failing trying to land a kickflip so much that my board is starting to chip a lot at the edge where it lands

feelsbadman
>>
>>1798406
what board do you have?
>>
'sup guise, first time poster here.
I got a question for you people:
i got back into skateboarding after about 10 years, took me a while to get the basics down again, but now my basic riding skills, ollies and 180s are kinda okay. atm i'm working on heels, varial kicks and tre. So far so good, but i just cant figure a thing out: whenever i try to pop shove it, it flips. So im accidently doing a varial kick, i just cant scoop without flickin or something like that, even though i got good shuvits. Any tips?

tl;dr:
how to pop shove it without accidently doing a varial kickflip?
>>
>>1798863
oops, forgot to mention that im getting down my kickflips lately kinda good. For those people asking themselves why i would work on varials already.
>>
>>1798189
Should have gotten a cruiser. It's like the middle ground between a longboard and a pennyboard.
>>
Should I start skating again ? I started skating about 6 years ago but a broken wrist two years ago slowed me down, and then I broke it again a year later completely unrelated just by playing basketball with some friends and I had to get a screw in my wrist. I havent skated in almost a year. I was pretty good, I had a variety of ledge/rail tricks, but I had a HUGE bag of flip tricks down gaps and on flat. I was the bad honestly, I was just getting the balls to bs board handrails too baka
>>
What kind of insoles do you use?
Stock that come with your shoes or something else?
>>
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

how nice it would be to have a skateboarder father in your teens?

http://theridechannel.com/news/2016/09/rudy-and-digeo-johnson-royal-trucks
>>
>>1798181
>>1798186
>>1798194
>>1798247

Money wasn't a problem honestly, even if it's overpriced. My question was more so board quality wise.

I have a bike which I normally use, but I carpool to work and cant use my bike in this case. So I wanted something smaller.
>>
>>1798863
dont let your toes on your back foot hang off the tail
>>
>>1798863
Center the ball of your foot right in the middle of the tail
>>
>>1798888
Don't even bother, you weak minded cuck.
>>
Hey I'm thinking of buying a new deck, should I get a baker or plan b?
>>
>>1799779
Revive
>>
>>1799779
see
>>1799786
>>
>>1799779
I bought a plan b deck recently and i like it
>>
>>1799779
Kaution
>>
>>1798895
Walgreens low profile impact absorbing ones for like ten bucks.
>>
>>1798895
I just took the foamrubber insoles from some old Reef shoes that were laying around into my Vans and now they are pretty cushiony around the mid sole. Might test Dr Sholls insoles
>>
File: 1465583001751.gif (176KB, 333x286px) Image search: [Google]
1465583001751.gif
176KB, 333x286px
Hey lads. So I'm thinking about picking up skating again. I did it alot when I was pretty young but nothing serious.

I was in Route One a few nights back in Edinburgh and saw a fucking sick board with John Cleese as Basil Fawlty as the decal on the bottom. Anyone know the company that make these?

I'm not gonna be back the store in a while and I've looked online but not much has come up

Any one wanna help me?
>>
>>1787328
>>1787333
he's right? this is the easiest shit, you could get a grasp on any of these in an afternoon, what are you shitheels freaking out about?
>>
>>1800018
Go to Focus Skate Shop in Edinburgh. It's a really cool.
>>
>>1800037
>replying a 4 day old troll post

Fool, why ya even bothering?
>>
noo thred: >>1800284
>>1800284
>>1800284
>>1800284
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.