[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not one dime.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: 0.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Not one dime.
>>
Thats not Reigns
>>
Go to bed Nash unless you want to tear the other quad.
>>
>>1782490
Lel triggered redditor
>>
>inb4 Eddie marks

He is in my top 10 list but he admitted that he looked at the attendance and buyrates and decided he couldn't handle the pressure of being a champion. If that isn't admitting you weren't a draw, I don't know what is

Benoit obviously never drew, even Canada was tired of him and cheered Orton over him at Summerslam 2004

Jericho drew the most but e also had the longest career. In his peak, he was behind HHH Stephanie and a dog. He didn't move the needle for his original 2007 return either

Dean, lol. Even Bret buried him
>>
>>1782494
:D
>>
>>1782486
he never even drew a penny, Eddie at least drew a nickel or so from the extra latinos turning into Smackdown

>>1782490
>le tear quad xd

>>>/r/eddit

Nash didn't draw a dime either until the nWo
>>
>>1782494
>you are this cucked by a site I've never posted on

>>1782495
>If that isn't admitting you weren't a draw, I don't know what is

So you don't know, got it.
>>
>>1782499
>-On putting pressure on himself when he was champion: "It's a great responsibility being champion, as you're the one carrying the ball, and I found it very difficult. It was the first time I'd held the title and I don't think I was ready. I was ready to win the belt, but not for what lay ahead of me. I wasn't prepared mentally for what happens outside the ring - because I think that's where the real challenges lie. I was taking things like attendances and ratings very personally. I'm an extremist and that's one thing I'd like to change in my life. It's good to be hard on myself but not to the point where I beat myself up about things. And if I'm honest and look back at my mistakes then I was too hard on myself when I was carrying the title. I let things eat me up inside and I questioned myself when I shouldn't have. But it's a lesson learned and I won't make that mistake again."

Combined with this and No Way Out 2004 losing nearly 200k buys from the previous year, it's safe to say he wasn't a draw
>>
>>1782502
>WWE PPV buyrates declining over years in the 21st century

No fuckin' shit.

I take it you don't know what the card for NWO 2003 was?
>>
>>1782509
Yes I do, it had Hogan/Rock/Austin on it. Guess what? WM19 also had Hogan/Rock/Austin on it and the buys for WM20 went up nearly 300k

> I let things eat me up inside and I questioned myself when I shouldn't have

What do you think Eddie was implying here? That he was drawing big money but not enough so he decided to drop the belt out of the kindness of his heart?
>>
>>1782514
The buyrate for XIX being so low is an anomaly that was caused by it being the first PPV through a new provider IIRC.

>when I shouldn't have

Even your own source for your argument is contradicting itself, dummy.
>>
>>1782526
"When I shouldn't have" is implying that he should have given himself a longer go with the title instead of deciding to give up the belt so early. It's on his DVD as well, business wasn't doing as well as he hoped and he decided he wasn't ready to carry the company yet

Eddie has always been a realist, he said he might have been a "vanilla midget "(cringe) in WCW but changed his gimmick and worked harder to change that perception. As a big Eddie fan, I'll take his words over yours

And that's the first I heard about the reasoning for WM19, it would make sense considering even Hogan/Vince being the main focus shouldn't have done so bad
>>
>>1782499
>you are this SEETHING
>>
>>1782532
Can't imagine why Smackdown drew less post-WrestleMania XX.

It's not like they guy they'd built the brand around left while the next biggest draw was out with neck problems.

>Eddie was vanilla in WCW

Maybe before he turned heel in 1997.
>>
>>1782540
The circumstances are irrelevant, nobody makes the argument for Shawn that he was having to go against the nWo which was the hottest angle in years for his title run and thats why he was drawing so low. Nobody makes the argument for Taker that he wasn't even the main angle for the shows leading up to WM13, but he main evented so he gets shit on for not drawing. Eddie admitted he wasn't ready to be the champion, and the buys from that period back it up

And I would link you him saying it, but the only clip I can find is a nWoWolfCuck video. It's from his 2002 shoot
>>
>>1782546
>facts are irrelevant

Nice to know you're tanking your cred so I don't have to.
>>
>>1782555
>>facts are irrelevant

It's funny that you're the one saying this when you're making excuses for Eddie not drawing. The buys back this up, the ratings back this up (https://www.twnpnews.com/information/smackdown2004.shtml Eddie won the title on 2/15 and lost it on 6/27), Eddies own words back this up and you somehow still think he actually did draw
>>
>>1782562
>facts are excuses

Please, continue exposing your own ignorance.

Eddie was acknowledged as a huge draw for the Latino market (THE ESE COMMUNITY!?) by everybody whose viewpoint matters.
>>
>>1782573
>>facts are excuses

Again, funny you're saying this when the facts of the ratings/buys not being up are there and his own words saying that he looked at the attendances and ratings and decided he wasn't ready, and yet you keep making excuses for him.

>huge draw for the latino market

They obviously didn't help him much if you look at those ratings, there wasn't any difference when he lost the belt compared to his title run
>>
>>1782578
And as I've pointed out, there are circumstances at play that would be obvious to anybody of even mediocre intelligence.

Unless you think basic addition/subtraction of figures is the sole means of obtaining complete data: guessing you didn't major in stats?
>>
>>1782594
>circumstances at play that would be obvious to anybody of even mediocre intelligence.

Why does Eddie get this benefit? Shawn doesn't get it, Taker doesn't get it, Bret doesn't get it, why Eddie? He wasn't a draw by his own admission and by the ratings/buy numbers. Just because Eddie is a beloved figure doesn't mean that you have to go on full damage control for him

And the "Latino market" thing has been repeated for years in the IWC and after all these years I've never seen anybody actually saying this besides Eddie in mid 2003

http://411mania.com/wrestling/eddie-guerrero-comments-about-angle-tajiri-latinos-more/

>He did say though that he notices the company is now paying more attention to the Latino market and it probably has a lot to do with having the right people in place.

That is all I've seen about it, nothing that he was a huge draw for the latinos as a champion. Nothing that the latinos bought more PPVs because of him, just that lone quote from 2003.
>>
>>1782599
Do you actually want me to point out the extenuating circumstances for the guys you're whining about or is that gonna be too inconvenient for this bizarre stand you've decided on taking?
>>
>>1782607
>Do you actually want me to point out the extenuating circumstances for the guys you're whining about

No I don't, because I already did here >>1782546 and yet it's consensus that they didn't draw. The only difference between them and Eddie is that you have Eddies own words on it.

I'll concede once you give me an interview or video of someone in the company saying Eddies presence caused Latinos to turn on Smackdown more and buy more merch.
>>
>>1782612
I'm pretty sure Michaels gets shaded for not drawing because he couldn't even sellout an arena in his hometown when he was trying to regain his title.
>>
>>1782619
Didn't they book a 60,000 seat arena? They weren't even doing that for Mania at that time, there was no way Shawn was going to do that
>>
>>1782621
It wasn't selling enough to fill a usual venue before they started papering
>>
>>1782626
According to Cornette it sold 47k (some tickets were 10 dollars) and they comped the rest

Regardless, the last time WWF did a show like that was Summerslam 1992. No wrestler in America at that point was going to sell out a 60,000 seat arena
>>
>>1782629
WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER
>>
>>1782621
Vince lowered the prices of the tickets and it was the most papered (tickets given away free) event in history
>>
>>1782632
No chance. Hogan was feuding with Piper at that point, there wasn't a Sting or Goldberg for him to go against. Even that famous Goldberg/Hogan match "only" did 41k
>>
>>1782629
> basically giving away tickets 10 dollar tickets to a FUCKING ROYAL RUMBLE
> IN HIS FUCKING HOMETOWN
> michaels and his gyrating male prostitute was such a turn off that he STILL COULDNT SELL IT OUT
What a pathetic faggot

The best thing Shawn ever did for wrestling was break his back on a casket
>>
>>178263
Yes but like I said no wrestler at that point was going to sell out that arena. WWF/Vince jumped the gun, they didn't do a big show like that since Summerslam 92. WCW certainly wouldn't have filled it either, they were getting low 3s and the buys weren't that impressive, late 97/mid 98 were the big periods for them
>>1782640
Morning Bretmark
>>
>>1782485
Really Benoit drew well at the funeral home.
>>
>>1782647
Good morning m8

Maybe if HBFaggot and his bumboy cronies hadnt done their utmost best to ruin the company and tun everyone out of it they wouldnt be in that predicament
Bulldog sold out his home country (not even hometown)
Bret sold out his home country (not even hometown) multiple times

Yawn michaels couldnt sell out his literal hometown then > lost his smile ;_; because he knew he was about to get the worst WM buyrate of all time
>>
>>1782678
Based HBK dodging WM13 and dumping the worst Mania ever on the Undercarder
>>
Who was better in the ring, Eddie or Benoit?
>>
>>1782514
Wm 20 drew more because of the number. 20 is a prestigious landmark.
>>
>>1782731
Wtf?
Then why did 10 and 25 both have less buys than their previous year?
>>
>>1782736
X drew less because bret got hoganed the year before
>>
File: B- Players.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
B- Players.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
>>1782736
>25

Can't imagine why that didn't sell.
>>
>>1782747
Gaytch was in the main event of XX too.
>>
>>1782749
Yeah, but at least he was against people the crowd wanted to see.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.