[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How credible is this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1

should I pretty much believe anything he says about the ins and outs of fighting, in or out of the ring? oes he fall into some pitfalls a lot of MMA people do?
>>
He lost credibility with me after he defended Amy Schumer's joke stealing.
>>
The guy gets paid to talk to himself. He didn't used to be this bad, but I think all the years of doing that has led to this creation of a loss of self awareness where he just goes on massive rants that people put it with. It's even spilled into his UFC commentary where Mike Goldberg just looks at him thinking...dude are you finished we gotta get back to what's happening, and then changes the subject immediately after Joe finishes his long ass thoughts.
>>
>>1772503
whats the story?
>>
>>1772468
He's in the fight world but not the in-crowd.
>>
>>1772468
>DUDE DMT LMAO
>>
>>1772468
Not at all, he's the cuck of the mma world.
>>
>>1772503
What does that have to do with his knowledge of combat sports
>>
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

- ALPHA BRAIN
- SHROOMTECH
- KRILL & MCT OIL
- PRIMATE CARE PILLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk <---- HIT PLAY NIGGA

>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE
>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES
FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE
>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"
>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

- Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

- Brought to you by SquareSpace©

cue the hempforce mustard
>>
>>1772580
what?
>>
>>1772584
Not him, but it's clearly "a day in the life of." Now why would you take mma advice from someone who lives like that?
>>
Joe Rogan is both that obnoxious pothead and dumb meat head from High School all in one

Nuff' said
>>
>>1772616
Kek, that really is a great description of him. He's like 50/50 each too.
>>
>>1772629
>>1772616
>>1772609
but does he know about fighting?
>>
>>1772631
Can you imagine what that buy rate would've been if it was this douche who would've fought Phil instead? It would of been astronomical for the UFC

Joe even trains MMA like the tool that he is
>>
More credible than asp but still a shill.
>>
>>1772646
That's amazing. This should've got into the airspace of ideas. It would've been a more fair fight since they are closer in age.
>>
>>1772823
Joe Rogan is a black belt under Eddie Bravo and Jean Jacque Machado. He would have choked out Phil faster than Mickey did.
>>
>>1772824
Yes, but Joe Rogan is also the opposite of Straight Edge so they would've had promo potential.
>>
Joe rogan has been with the UFC as a commentator since the beginning, when no one knew what it was and it was like some weird ass anime blood sport where a sumo wrestler fought baki the grappler or some shit.
Joe rogan himself trained in and fought in judo competitions when he was younger.
Joe had a podcast, i used to listen a lot, but i got burned out on all the "dude, weed" talk and only listen now if there is an interesting guest.
>>
Has he talked about the Phil fight yet?
>>
>>1772824
>joe rogan
>beating someone up flawlessly

Anon.
>>
>>1772829

he smokes weed and has done psychadelics a few times.

Not really "the opposite of Straight Edge"
>>
>>1772918
Yes, he would have shot the double and choked out Phil just like Gall did because, despite being a retard, Rogan is a competent black belt.
>>
>>1772936
Who has never fought.

He probably could beat up that human joke but he definitely wouldn't be as smooth about it like how you imagine it
>>
>>1772468
Smoked dmt so word is gospel
>>
Rogan is far better than the other chuckle-fucks they have fill in for him. Those European commentators are fucking shit
>>
he's bluepilled as fuck when it comes to bjj

he's not a fighter, he never was. He's a high level point tkd guy.
He's a hobbyist that gets to be around fighters but he's very opinionated and ignorant about a lot of things

sometimes he's right, sometimes he's wrong. I appreciate that he doesn't censor himself though
>>
>>1772550
>Joe Rogan the cuck
>Not Dana White
>"C-c-conor, don't throw those cans please, Conor!"
>>
>>1772973
does BJJ suck IRL and only works in UFC due to biased rules?
>>
>>1773089
No, but everyone will say I'm wrong because of muh multiple attackers and the ground is lava.
>>
>>1773089
Shoot fights were very popular in brazil and BJJ dominated though historically judo shits on BJJ except in the last two decades.
>>
>>1773089
For RL, you basically want either boxing, BJJ or Muay Thai.

Others may work decently, but those three will fuck over any random shitlord without training REAL quick.
>>
>>1772944
>>>1772936
>Who has never fought.
>He probably could beat up that human joke but he definitely wouldn't be as smooth about it like how you imagine it

Never fought. I'm pretty sure he was a tae kwon do cruiserweight champion at one point
>>
In my mind, I still think of him as Joe the handy man on News Radio.

I miss Phil Hartman.
>>
>>1773093
really? because my coach who is a blackbelt in bjj, 3rd degree in judo, and master of sport in sambo says bjj is largely useless in a real fight

and I quote "if you end up on the ground just punch the shit out of the guy, trying to grapple will get you killed, most of this shit doesn't work with concrete and debris around, you're going to just hurt yourself rolling around on the ground like an asshole"

what are you, a blue belt maybe? I'll take his word for it
>>
>>1774790
Yeah, I'm sure he said that and you aren't just lying What's his name?
>>
>>1774821
I don't think he would appreciate me namedropping him

at the end of the day bjj is a sport, it's not a good martial art. the takedown game is garbage and butt scooting doesn't work

or if I may quote him one more time when he sees people scooting and granby rolling to try and stop a pass "what are you doing? stand the fuck up!"
>>
>>1773239
You know I meant actual UFC fight
>>
>>1774837
All martial arts with a competitive component have certain strategies that are optimized for sport. This includes things like boxing and muay thai: there are things that are illegal in competition, and the strategies mirror that.

Super secret deadly martial arts that don't have a competitive component are snake oil. Can this thing you've only pretend practiced on a person work really kill 29 Spetznaz operatives at once? No one's tried, but this one dude says it could.
>>
>>1774837
No one is playing fucking inverted guard in a street fight.
>>
>>1774878
Well, my grandmaster sensifu killed 28 spetsnaz guys, but then the cold war ended so he had no reason to kill the 29th.
>>
Joe's kind of out there lately...

https://youtu.be/L6nMtVxLVa8
>>
>>1774891
exactly, bjj a shit

once you learn your basics there isn't any reason to continue, most of it doesn't work
unless you are competing in bjj comps you don't need anymore than a blue belt or else you're just wasting time
>>1774878
>there are things that are illegal in competition
and in bjj those things are punching the shit out of the guy

consider the following: If you have top position and are looking for a sub instead of smashing the guys face in, you're a fucking dope

if you are on bottom position and you are doing anything other than trying to get the guy off of you and back to your feet, you're a fucking dope
>>
He's obsessed with Bork
I bet he wants to get his boipucci destroyed by the ultimate alpha male that Bork is
>>
>>1774952
did you ever see his stand up routine where he talked about what it would be like if brock fucked him?
>>
>>1774952
he's intimidated by him and you can clearly tell he wants to see him get destroyed
>>
>>1772835
Judo? Never heard that, he's talked a lot about his time doing TKD
>>
>>1772468
He's knowledgeable but even he gets caught up in the pitfalls. I remeber when in the early days of TUF he jumped on the Muay Thai, wrestling, bjj bandwagon. He totally abandoned traditional martial arts and wrote it off as nonsense even though he had a TMA background. Now that all these karate and tkd guys are taking over he certainly changed his tune.
>>
>>1774790
I agree. With the exception of Damian Maia bjj has become almost useless in elite mma. Everyone knows how to stop a takedowns now and defend submissions. You rarely see submissions anymore. Sport jiu jitsu is pretty cool but it is unbelievably unrealistic in a real life scenario with strikes. So many people train sport and become elite at it and then they try and compete in mma and get their ass handed to them by some hillbilly with some wrestling experience.
>>
>>1773132
I think people are starting to realize that a karate based striking style is a much smarter option in mma and an open street fight because it's designed to make minimal damage and be elusive. Muay Thai is awsome in its own right but it's built around fighting with boxing gloves in a small area as a sport. Not saying it would be effective in a street fight but honestly if I had to fight multiple.people or somebody skilled in Muay Thai I wouldn't want to stand in front of him and start kickboxing. I feel that would be stupid.
>>
>>1772944
2-1 amateur kickboxer. That's nothing but still better than 0-0.
>>
>>1772468
Dude is pretty woke on a lot of things. I'd take his fighting talk over anything else he does.
aside from aliens or the real out there stuff, he's alright.
>>
>>1772468
He's probably the worst colour commentator the UFC employs, seriously watch any of their shows that doesn't have Rogan on it and you'll get far better breakdowns and analysis than he ever pulls out.
>>
>>1773089
It works IRL.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/19/5732956/raw-video-renzo-gracie-arrested-bar-brawl-new-york-city-bouncer-street-fight
>>
>>1776647
It works for renzo. It won't work for the 150 lbs blue belt who tries to go to ground with a 250lbs gorilla doorman. It's all about context.
>>
>>1776647
why do gracies even exist after sakuraba exposed them
>>
>>1776585
Defending takedowns and submissions is a part of grappling, friendo.
>>
>>1773089
it worked in UFC when there were no rules. Royce beat guys that were twice his size because he knew of leverage
>>
>>1776957
plus UFC was just an ego rubbing event for that cuck Royce anyways
>>
>>1776926
There's more grappling arts than just bjj boyo. The point is you're seeing fighters spend less time on the ground.
>>
>>1777777

don't mind me just looking for the get
>>
>>1772580
Holy shit. My sides
>>
>>1776723
what does nay of that sentence mean?
>>
>>1776957
>it worked in UFC when there were no rules
UFC always had rules

in the first few tournaments you weren't allowed to punch with a closed fist if you didn't have boxing gloves on
so royce beat guys that literally weren't allowed to punch him
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.