[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE makes bid to purchase TNA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/755725-cody-rhodes-featured-in-new-arrow-trailer-video-is-wwe-interested-in-buying-tna/amp

>The New York Post posted an article on Billy Corgan trying to become the majority owner of TNA. Also mentioned in the article is WWE’s interest in buying the company. WWE and Sinclair Group have reportedly made bids for the company.
>>
>>1772224
Billy won't do it
>>
>>1772224
saw this and WZnubs were all wondering "why the fuck would they buy TNA etc"

it would be for the tape library and they can salvage some guys (EC3, Sandow, Bennett, Based Broken Hardys, Moose, etc)
>>
>>1772234
They just fired Sandow why would they want that jobber back?
>>
>>1772239
they brought back Jinder Mahal and Curt Hawkins m8
>>
>>1772243
What he meant was that it was something that only happened a short while back, for example curt was fired years ago
>>
>>1772251
Because Sandow is twice the jobber those two are.
>>
they can't afford TNA with their embarrassing profit margins.
>>
>WWE used to have no interrest in buying TNA
>Billy has replaced Dixie
>Hardy has become a massive meme with a huge following
>WWE wants to buy
does somebody with WWE believe that TNA has a chance to compete?
>>
>>1772288
better to not risk it, that's what NXT is for. Over sign a bunch of talent that could be used for smaller promotions under the guise of a developmental system.
>>
Considering a couple of huge has-beens in the Hardys have taken the Internet by storm, I'm wondering if they're scared Punk might end up there and really do some damage.
>>
>>1772288
a chance to compete no its years from that, but become an actual alternative, yes.
>>
>>1772317
why would WWE want to stop that?
>more than one popular wrestling show
>wrestling in general does better business
>better business for WWE
>>
Big Tunes Billy is in it because he loves the business. He wont sell up.
The others probably will though.
>>
>>1772335
They killed the territories, they had a hand in killing ECW, depending on who you listen to they killed WCW... do you really believe that Vince cares what's best for the business?
>>
>>1772337
>He wont sell up.
its not his decision theres at least 5 other investors that own as much or more than him, they will go with the guaranteed money.
>>
If Vince does buy TNA, people who are probably going to keep their jobs: Hardys, James Storm, Lashley, Moose, and Drew Galloway. Maybe Sandow. Dixie is just kept around as Vince's mistress.

Everybody else I'm not sure about. They may keep some of the smaller guys around for Cruiserweights.
>>
>>1772515
>implying ec3 wouldn't become vince's son in a storyline
>>
Vince fears the growing popularity of Broken Matt Hardy.
>>
>>1772224
What about the professional wrestling monopoly?
>>
its better if TNA stays out of wwe's hands, they will just shit up wrestling with their monopoly further and bury TNA guys.

If TNA and ROH merged, that would be interesting.
>>
>>1772288
No, TNA has zero chance right now to compete. Maybe years ago when it was on Spike there was an outside chance of competition. Likely whats going on is that Vince wants the tape library, and maybe will exploit the potential for another invasion style storyline of TNA vs WWE.
>>
I would like to see the nwa rise again
If you think about it the nwa heavyweight championship is the only title with some history that is not owned by the wwe
So they sell tna and based big money corgan buys smoky mountain and signs all the tna guys that get fired (all of them)
>>
If he did buy it, half the talent would be fired, then half of that half would go to either NXT or the Cruiserweight division. He'll let Matt and Jeff keep their current gimmicks, because it's a meme now and the Universe eats it up.

He's always been sweet on Lashley, so he'll probably be put in the main event scene. Lashley vs Brock will be a Wrestlemania.

Sandow might get another shot if they can figure out what to do with him.

James Storm will probably be given a renegade face gimmick, as that "guy you should watch out for".

Drew will probably get repackaged.
>>
>>1772552
>Vince
>not having Lesnar vs Lashley vs Braun vs Moose at Wrestlemania in the Ultimate Battle of the Mastodons
>>
I shit on TNA but i think its important that there are feds out there not infected by wwe's stupidity.
WWE has a monopoly on the business and has sunk everything to this level in the name of greed.
Monopolies make companies lazy, it makes them boring, like wwe is now.
If ROH and TNA merge, they get some good people and money behind it, that might be best.
>>
Once they buy tna maybe they can mention all of aj's titles
>>
File: 1469232416001.png (6KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1469232416001.png
6KB, 377x330px
WWE has a monopoly on the wrestling business, this is a bad thing, its lead to this stagnate boring era, people turning away from wrestling.
WWE is also a rutless demon that wants to keep its monopoly, its created nxt to suck up indie talent and fuck with ROH, it created the cruiser weight division as a reaction to lucha underground, and now its trying to buy out TNA.
If you want a vision of the future of wrestling, imagine kissing vince mcmahons ass, forever.

But.
What they wont tell you, what wwe really is scared of, is the UFC.
The UFC is their real competition, the UFC stole their audience of testosterone fueled boys, the UFC deliberately put the ultimate fighter after WWE when they were on spike tv to do this.
Dana white let CM punk and brock lesnar fight in wwe, stealing more of their audience.

If you want a vison of wwe's future, imagine dana white stealing all of its audeince.
Forever
>>
>>1772608
>If you want a vison of wwe's future, imagine dana white stealing all of its audeince.
Forever

I don't think so
>>
>>1772224
If this were to happen, I'd probably stop watching wrestling.
>>
>>1772617

Chael Sonnen actually recently talked about it

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/43652/Chael-Sonnen-Claims-Vince-McMahon-Tried-To-Sabotage-A/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RkVs6vpYF0
>>
>>1772608
You won't understand this but that's exactly what they want. Competition destroys profit. Absolutely crushes it. That's why companies like to claim they have competition while having a functional monopoly.
>>
>>1772732
>Competition destroys profit. Absolutely crushes it.

it actually does the complete opposite
>>
>>1772739
That's 100% incorrect. As I said, I knew you wouldn't understand it. Please read some valid business theory and have sex.
>>
>>1772732
>>1772739
You're talking past one another. Competition tends to increase the value of an industry as a whole (because it's a lever for innovation), but monopoly concentrates profits into fewer hands.
>>
>>1772739
Not in sports or fake sports. Most sports are monopolies.

Compettion kills one of the companies off making it harder to start over again. National fed are not a common thing, Wwe or Wcw and that's about it.

Nwa was a collection of Feds and Awa was only in some places.

Now that wrestling is niche market, two isnt good, rocks the boat
>>
>>1772750
>>1772751
Jesus let me talk slow for you troglodytes.

WWE sucks and makes huge profits even when people hate the product.

Google, another functional monopoly, consistently falling standards in service. Huge profit.

Even a private company with a functional monopoly like Valve sees their greatest profits due to having a functional monopoly.

Competition breeds a better product. It hurts profit. It's not up for debate, it's just a fact.
>>
pls explain why wwe with their biggest domestic competition being ring of fucking honor pulled such a shitty quarterly profit this year despite record high revenue

maintaining their stranglehold on the industry with huge overbloated roster simply costs more than it is worth

they hit record high revenues and posted 800k in profit, that's dismal and its without real competition
>>
>>1772760
Don't ever open up a business mate. You're a fucking retard.
>>
Big Tunes Billy better not sell out. Wwe getting TNA would absolutely ruin the Hardy stuff going on.
>>
>>1772760
I'm not sure how slowly you need this typed to understand. I'll do my best, but I don't want to spend an hour on this post.

You are talking about the profit for an individual firm. In that sense, you are correct that competition is not a good thing for that business, because other entities are literally competing with them for a share of the pie.

However, that's not the only way that the effects of competition can be understood. It drives innovation and the improvement of a product, not only in terms of its quality (value) but also in terms of its cost of production. In simple terms, competition makes for a bigger pie to divide up.
>>
>>1772335
le free market meme

vince just wants the complete monopoly senpai.
>>
>>1772786
You're an idiot because you literally don't understand why you're wrong. Competition only gets you to the monopoly. Vince wants to maintain it now. You're literally arguing with facts. That's how stupid you are.
>>
>>1772797
B-b-but I typed slow, anon.
>>
>>1772234
I don't think they want the Hardys back.
>>
>>1772797
You're now saying that competition does not lead to improved productive processes. That is the most stupid thing I've read on /asp/ this month. But you'll probably drop another reply, so I guess we can't have the award ceremony early.
>>
>>1772608
Pretty much this.
Vince has killed off all his competition, and has lost any real motivation to make his company any better.

>just buy everyone out
>No worries since fans can't go anywhere else
>>
>>1772886
the fans are going to the UFC, demographically, 18-30 year old males will go to MMA now.
>>
If Vince is so obsessed with competition, why does he keep buying his competition? So he can "win"?
His product is such shit now that he's having to create his own competition again, which is going to fail like it failed after he fired Heyman.
>>
>>1772608
>Dana white let CM punk
nigga what?
>>
>>1772926
oh come on, you have to be an idiot to not know it was a move to get wwe fans eyes on ufc and make wwe look stupid.
If punk had won, ufc wins, if punk loses, ufc wins.
>>
If it won't happen now, it will happen later.

Wrestling is just a meme now and sooner or later, TNA will close its doors.
>>
>>1772608
>WWE making drastic changes in response to their """"competition""""

This makes no sense considering all other feds are complete literally who organizations that casuals have no idea exist.

ROH and NJPW have more internet fans than TV ones

Lucha Underground is a Robert Rodriguez baby and operates at a loss despite how cool it is

TNA has been a joke for over a decade and even if it is entertaining now it's still on a channel nobody watches

UFC's audience is and always has been distinctly different than WWE's; I would even wager to say WWE fans are closest to UFC fans as they've ever been now thanks to both sides' obsession with five-star matches and le athleticism than the story behind the fights
>>
>>1773048
wwe, kills anything that has any inkling of even being competition in the future.
UFC, stole its audience, thats why wwe is lame now and catering to smarks.

UFC will have its own competition in the future if bellator ever got its shit together, ufc is grinding on fighters pay, bellator isnt as famous as ufc but they can offer fighters things ufc doesn't and money talks.
Of course viacom is currently on the verge of death and run by retards so until they realize bellator could be a valuable asset..
>>
>>1772931
Brock's a different story, but you said Dana White let Punk fight in the WWE.
Punk didn't get into UFC until he left WWE, and he hasn't been back to WWE since. Dana White didn't have shit to do with Punk's WWE run.
Now if you're trying to say that Dana White let Punk fight in UFC to grab WWE fans, yeah of course he did.
>>
>>1772515
Better keep based Borash.
>>
>>1772543

ROH is the defacto #1 american promotion outside of WWE. if ROH and TNA could get some business going it could only mean good things for fans.
>>
>>1773073
what the fuck are you even saying you dumb nigger
>>
>>1773079
TNA already fucked it up badly with RoH in the past.
>>
>>1773048
What about NJPW?
>>
>>1773048
All true, but you're forgetting that Vince, Steph, and Trips are completely petty and insecure.
>>
>>1772519
Haitch hates EC3
>>
>Revenue - $658.8 million
>Operating income - $38.8 million
>Profit - $24.1 million

Gotdamn WWE needs a complete audit asap
>>
>Corgan is forced to leave and has to make a new fed from scratch with the Hardyz

Who should they sign?
>>
>>1773173
Jeff wants to retire in the WWE he'll stay with them and he's getting old. Matt might leave and push his promotion instead.
>>
>>1773048
>NJPW has more internet fans than TV ones

Show your working.

>CMLL is a "literally who" organisation
>>
File: 1450106843544.png (198KB, 412x308px) Image search: [Google]
1450106843544.png
198KB, 412x308px
I hope Corgan settles shit with the other investors. Would kill my interest dead in Wrestling if WWE became anymore of a monopoly than it already has, especially considering how bad it has been lately.
>>
>>1773815
You could try watching any of the literally dozens of promotions out there, all of which are better than DixieLand
>>
>>1773821
>You don't like what you think you like
>>
>>1773833
Strange, that's not what I said at all.
>>
>>1773837
>You didn't read what you thought you read
>>
>>1773844
So do you do this witless cuntrarianism shit because you're lazy or just genuinely inept?

>>>/TNAmecca/
>>
>>1773851
I'm lazily trolling you because you're so easily baited. If you weren't so ass-pained at TNA simply existing, I'd have to work harder.
>>
>>1773815
>>1773821
>>1773833
>>1773837
>>1773844
>>1773851
>>1773861

Just fuck already you faggots
>>
>>1773861
Why would I be ass-pained about a promotion that's given me nothing but comedy gold (distinct from Double J's gold in GFW) for pretty much its entire existence?

Poo-poo to you, Dixie-sucker.
>>
>>1773865
First one was someone else being sincere, I just couldn't help trolling the /wooo/tist.
>>
>>1773871
>le /wooo/ boogeyman

You should go visit there if it's on your mind so much.
>>
>>1772224
Assuming this finally fucking happens, how would you book the obligatory invasion PPV?
>Hardys vs Wyatts
>The Miz vs Aron Rex
>Team TNA (AJ Styles + 4 TNA guys) vs Team WWE (John Cena, Randy Orton & The Shield)
>>
>>1774322
>Styles on Team TNA
>The Shield reuniting
>Orton in general

S T O P
>>
>>1774326
>implying they're not the top 5 babyfaces right now and having them job to TNA heels to build them up is a bad idea
>>
>>1772224
The Meltz said WWE buying TNA was false. Billy Pumpkinhead made it up.
>>
>>1774345
>Reigns
>top babyface
>>
>>1774322

>Invasion

Implying anyone knows who 90% of the dickheads are on TNA. They couldn't even manage it properly when they bought WCW and wrestlers people had actually heard of. They just turned it into a McMahon storyline for the millionth time and WWFWINSLOL burying the whole thing in about 6 months. It would be even worse with them doing it with TNA scrubs.
>>
>>1774322
>Styles
>Joey Samoey
>Roooo
>Galloway
>EC3/Storm
>>
>>1774374
Are you implying that this would stop them?
>>
>>1774322
Nah I rather have Team TNA be former WWE guys vs Team WWE( AJ, EY, Bobby, Joey Samoey, and James Storm be the guy that betrays TNA again)
>>
>>1772709
Oldfartfag here.
I quit watching for a decade after Vince killed ECW and WCW. I tried watching The Invasion but it became quickly obvious that it was just an angle to shove his bratty kids down everyone's throats.

I don't think I could bear to watch Broken Matt's character be ruined by WWE's "Creative." And everyone else who have been so good on Impact as of late get jobbed out and saddled with Dancing gimmicks.
>>
File: dog_puke.jpg (117KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dog_puke.jpg
117KB, 720x960px
>>1774322
>Hardys vs. Wyatts
>>
>>1774379

I can't see how in any way the WWE would be interested in doing an invasion angle with a company where a large part of the audience wont know who the fuck most of the people are. It will get pindrops even worse than what crowds are like now. If WWE was going to buy it, all they'd want is the tape library. They'd either sell the brand and any any contracts on, or dissolve the company. TNA holds no value for them in today's market, not like WCW did.
>>
>>1772224
Vince must be really pissed about Moose
>>
>>1774474
Vince loves his blackstadons
>>
>>1772552
>the Universe
kys
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.