[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things in Wrestling that don't make sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

File: meh.gif (2MB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
meh.gif
2MB, 168x200px
>Heel does illegal finish behind reffs back yet he isn't disqualified despite the fact that it was clearly recorded on camera.
>Face attacks authority figure but is still employed
>Interruption/Run-in right before the 6th near fall of the match
>Segments that are supposedly intimate and private are somehow recorded
>>
>Heel tag team
>They have better teamwork than face tag team
>>
>Heel does illegal finish behind reffs back yet he isn't disqualified despite the fact that it was clearly recorded on camera.

THERE'S NO INSTANT REPLAY IN WRESTLING, GORILLA!
>>
Irish whips.

Just stop running!!!!
>>
File: IMG_0359.gif (1MB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0359.gif
1MB, 320x234px
>>1771276
>Suicide dive
>Nobody dies
>>
>Uso's injure American Alpha
>Are given the opportunity to compete for the spot they just opened up.

>Cage match
>Can literally get the ref to open the door for you and walk out

>Multi-person/team elimination match
>People break up pinfalls and/or submissions.

The list goes on.
>>
>>1771276
>>Heel does illegal finish behind reffs back yet he isn't disqualified

yeah, this always seems weird to me.

It's especially weird when top brass people bring it up (like Shane did with the Miz) and say, "i mean sure, you won. but you cheated." And instead of like taking it away or something, they just schedule another match.
>>
>Try to kill a man
>PPV match instead of beign arrested
>>
>doing a shit ton of flips makes it hurt more
>>
>>1771401
I never got this either. Shooting star press and moonsaults are the only flips I like. 450 is okay too and does look like it adds more momentum.
>>
>>1771401
This is actual physics though. Each flip builds up kinetic energy, which is released when you hit your opponent.

Same reason why swinging your arm in a big circle makes punches hurt more, or why running and drop kicking someone is so devastating.
>>
>fight backstage between two wrestlers
>somehow a camera is always present
>>
the concept of finishers baffles me. Why is it that one specific move that can incompasitate an opponent.
>>
>>1771428

>incompasitate

kek

depends on the finisher though, some finishers look like they can legit fuck a guy up
>>
>>1771428
It's the move you practice the most, so you master it. This is my logic behind why a Jake the Snake DDT kills you, but it's a transition move for other guys.
>>
>>1771425
Theoretically possible if every wrestler had a camera following them.
>>
>>1771276
Refs are kayfabe the greatest in ring authority, and it's football rules - if the authority figure didn't see it happen at the time it happened, it never happened
>>
>>1771425
>Super secret meeting between heel and authority figure
>they stand in the 180 radius and talk between the camera man and mic guy

Same shit when wrestlers are walking through the halls and they've got to pretend theres no camera and mic guy in front of them
>>
>>1771428
Yeah Ravens Evenflow DDT always puzzled me.

Like I'd turn over to RAW and see The Rock or Austin doing Ravens finisher and theres little impact
>>
>>1771276
>Live action cartoon for children
>Adults watch it
>>
>Retain if you're counted out
>Ref arbitrarily starts his 10 count
>Sometimes doesn't even despite both guys being outside the ring
>Sometimes one guy going in and going back out resets the count
>Sometimes a guy gets back JUST in time and the other guy gets counted out a second later because it doesn't get reset this time

Why?
>>
>insult or attack the champion
>gets tittle shot almost every time
>>
>>1771484
>because it doesn't get reset this time
He doesn't return outside the ring
If you want something baffling, it's why heels don't just get themselves counted out or DQ'd to retain
>>
File: body.jpg (99KB, 634x630px) Image search: [Google]
body.jpg
99KB, 634x630px
>>1771300
>>
>>1771284
Why does this not make sense? Being a heel just means acting in a way to piss of the fans intentionally so they want to see you lose. I don't see why that would prevent having good teamwork.
>>
>>1771300
More like the ref's decision is final and there's no take backs
>>
>>1771276
How can they not feel the ring bounce or a difference in weight.

Is there only one video on the Titontron? Seems like there would be screens all over that couldn't be missed.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>Backbreaker

All vertebrae still intact
>>
File: 1471230467094.jpg (13KB, 419x299px) Image search: [Google]
1471230467094.jpg
13KB, 419x299px
>>1771417
thanks for the kek
>>
>>1771439
>practice the most, so you master it
I have always thought this is the only way it can make sense. For example mike tyson and I can both punch you in the face, his blow will obviously do a lot more damage than mine
>>
>>1771417
t. a 12 year-old
>>
>>1771663

Well not really cause of practice, more because Mike Tyson is stronger
>>
>hunter Hearst helmsley

Is actually Paul Levesque
>>
>>1771670
Sorry but technique is a lot more important than strength. Take a womans lpgs champ and a bodybuilder to a driving range. Unless the bb is skilled the chicks going to out drive him 99% of the time
>>
>>1771674
And is neither a licensed hunter nor blue blooded
>>
>>1771612
The ref can reverse the decision anytime
>>
>Holding the tights or placing your foots on the ropes somehow makes it harder to kick out
>>
>>1771656
He's not wrong though.

If you bounce a ball, it loses energy with each bounce. Now take the same ball and, after the first bounce, spin it around. It will gain more energy and bounce higher.

For a more dramatic show, spin a lightbulb on a long string. If you go fast enough, the kinetic energy will light it.

Or stand in a pool and grab the back of your pants, then pull up. You will lift yourself out of the pool since there's no gravity to counteract your kinetic momentum.
>>
>>1771734
>Or stand in a pool and grab the back of your pants, then pull up. You will lift yourself out of the pool since there's no gravity to counteract your kinetic momentum.

At first I thought you were trying and troll me but then I went and tried this in my pool. It realy works!!!!
>>
>>1771670
There is a definite technique to throwing a punch.
>>
>>1771527
Because eventually, the GM would go either "okay, next match is no DQs" or "Okay, next time you get DQed or counted out, you lose the title."

If they didn't just restart the match as no DQs right away.
>>
>>1771276
>Women allowed to wrestle
>>
why would anyone do a top rope move?

if you think your opponent is going to be down on the mat for that long, wouldnt you just pin him?
>>
>>1772164
There's a big difference between briefly kicking up your shoulders to avoid getting pinned and being able to move your entire body out of the way of a dive, though.
>>
I can usually accept the illogical parts of wrestling just because if I think about it too hard it'll just ruin the experience, but the fucking segment from Raw where it shows STEPHANIE MCMAHON HAVING A DREAM ABOUT VINCE IN A COMA GETS ME SO FUCKING HEATED

A wrestler saying something thinking he is alone is somewhat excusable, just because it's a plot device that could somewhat be explained by even a huge stretch of the imagination, but how are you supposed to project someone's fucking DREAM ONTO TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvKKa14woLc
>>
>>1771300
Remember that weird month in 2013 or 2014 where they actually had instant replay screens by the bell and heels were getting their wins overturned?
>>
>wrestler pushes referee
>referee is KO'd instantly
>>
>>1772197

Look at this smark getting worked to fuck by Vinces political shoot
>>
>>1772225

>wrestler attacks referee
>doesn't get disqualified
>>
>Irish Wimmins Wrestler
>Wins a Title
>>
>>1771527
The purpose of "belt doesn't change hands on a DQ or count out" is to stop title changes happening on bullshit like that, when they should be /won/ by the challenger. When someone abuses the rule the GM will step in and put in the usual stipulation change.

There's also the fact that one should assume that even the heels want to prove they're the best and they want to at least attempt to win by being the better wrestler. One of the biggest issues in wwe lately has been that heel turns suddenly turn someone I to a coward/cheater/ worse wrestler (see Ryback going from Goldberg beast to barely limping out of mitb after a cheeky roll up on Jericho and then going on a crybaby gimmick).
>>
>>1771276
>everything
>>
>the people that build the ring find it necessary to store fold out tables and chairs under the ring
for what purpose
>>
File: 3owners.jpg (21KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
3owners.jpg
21KB, 456x352px
>>1771276

In-ring decisions are final unless entities higher up come in to change the decision.

>Face attacks authority figure but is still employed

They are good for business, the authority figure foster an environment of lawlessness and violent for their own benefit and the authority figure wants in-house vengeance. The police have been called in kayfabe on occasion, people have been fired in kayfabe on occasion. Mafia bosses don't call cops either.

>Interruption/Run-in right before the 6th near fall of the match

They are in the back watching. Trying to get past the lacks security.

>Segments that are supposedly intimate and private are somehow recorded

This is 100% kayfabe shattering. They even play for the camera. I could see if the camera just happened to catch people talking anfd the people ignore the camera and turn their backs on it but yeah .... its retarded.

I wish wrestling brought back all the kayfabe rules that made the shows more believable. Managers licenses to be ring-side and the like.
>>
>Draft 2016
>6 Picks of any superstars
>GMs pick literal whos and shitters intead of the best of the best
>>
>>1772485
*NXT
>>
>>1771752
>Are you retarded?
Seriously.
>>
>>1772504
dis nigga got worked, lads
>>
>>1771276

>technology that can record from people's eyes
>unable to know who threw a pie

KO actually had a very good point
>>
>>1771284
>being """evil""" means you can't have bros
what?
>>
>irish whip
>opponent inexplicably runs against the ropes bounces off and continues running back and forth... instead of just not running
>>
>ladder matc
>everyone down for the count
>person fiddles with the title/briefcase as if they forgot how to unhook it
>end of the match
>person casually unhooks the title/briefcase
>>
>shoulder blocked twice by cena

>better swing for a punch when I turn around
>>
>>1772406
catering
>>
>>1773015
what?
>>
>>1773116
But catering is backstage, where there are more suitable locations to store those foreign items
>>
>>1771378
The way I always saw it in kayfabe was that Vince Mcmahon is such a lunatic and his family is so evil and corrupt that they love the chaos and drama that all that shit brings because "best for business" and "well it makes good TV" is more important to him than the integrity of the sport so the evil chairman will fuck with his own league to make money.
>>
>>1772485
>Regal says "My champs and my #1 contenders are off limits until after Brooklyn, you Yankee fucks."
THAT WAS SO HARD.
>>
>legs stop working half way through ladder match
>Dont go to the top of the ladder to get a better reach
>slingshot like how the fuck do you get launched from getting your legs grabbed and leaning back WTF
>referee dies from getting breathed on
>steel cage match you can literally open the door like nigga it doesnt take that long to open a door and leave
>waiting to be cross bodied
>c4
>canadian destroyer
Idk there's more but yeh
>>
>>1772485
>Icon of NXT
>best tag team

>"shitters"
>>
>>1773456
>Carmella
>Eva Marie
>Mojo Rawley
>good
>>
>>1773498
Eva Marie wasn't drafted from NXT
>>
>>1773500
Yes she was
Six NXT drafts, Balor, AA, Nia Jax, Carmella, Eva, and Mojo
>>
>>1773507
>Eva Marie was on the WrestleMania pre-show
>>
>>1773507
P.S. You forgot Bliss
>>
>>1773514
>Balor was at Beast in the East
>>
>>1773519
>wrestling for the NXT Championship

You stupid idiot.
>>
>>1773529
>Wrestling for a Total Divas storyline
>>
>>1773534
It still counts.

P.S. 6 NXT Draftees: Balor, AA, Jax, Bliss, Carmella, Mojo
>>
>>1773042
Holy shit this, the irish whip is the most retarded kayfabe destroying move of all time.
>>
File: dash-dawson.jpg (30KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
dash-dawson.jpg
30KB, 642x361px
>>1773456
>Best Tag Team

Haha.... no.
>>
>>1773456
>>Icon of NXT

Baloring is a roman-tier shitter
>>
>>1774027
Stating his presentation, not my opinion of him.
>>
>>1772225
It's to make wrestlers seem tougher than mere mortals. The same reason refs are (or were in the old days) short guys, to make the wrestlers seem like beasts.
>>
>>1774027
>Baloring meme
>>
>>1774058
What's up, Carter?
>>
>>1774062
>literally who meme
>>
>>1774078
huh?
>>
File: 151341.jpg (51KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
151341.jpg
51KB, 280x280px
>my friend is getting beat up in the ring
>I gotta save him!
>first gotta tell the soundguy to play my entrance music
>>
>>1774120
>sound guy is in gorilla
>sees a wrestler run past
>oh I should play his music
>>
>>1774120
>>1774140
I always just kayfabed that there's a magical sensor in the entry-way that senses a wrestler's powerful saiyan aura and plays the appropriate music.
>>
>>1774140
GODS OF THE TITANTRON, ROLL THE FOOTAGE!
>>
>>1774120
>not realizing that the music may confuse the guy beating your friend so it's a strategic attack

Dumb fuck
>>
>>1774151
It still makes little sense, as it gives the guy doing the beating a warning.
>>
>>1774166
Ambrose managed to pull it off at MITB
>>
>>1774168
That wasn't really a run in though, they always play music when someone is cashing in.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.