[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was batista a well liked champion? Or was he more like reigns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

Was batista a well liked champion? Or was he more like reigns where he was forced on everyone?

I stopped watching right after evolution broke up
>>
Batista was HUGELY over in his prime and has a strong case for being the most over guy in the company for the entirety of his face run.
>>
>>1767370
He was just a regular top guy that got his push for a couple of years when it was his time, then seeked acting when he reached his glass ceiling.

Wasn't forced or pushed too early.
>>
I don't remember him ever being booed in the way Cena is.
>>
>>1767370
As a babyface he received a lot of criticism because the constant title shoots

The turn heel was pretty great.

>>1767380
Cena is not even booed anymore.

People are in the joke,like chanting You suck at Angle entrance.
>>
>>1767370
With the crowd? He was really fucking over, crowds loved him and the angle with Triple H made him a superstar.

Backstage? No, he was an arrogant bitch which is one of the reasons he got drafted to smackdown and when he got there Booker T kicked his ass. After a few years of hardwork and carrying himself like a champion he started getting respected.
>>
He was over as fuck and more over than cena
>>
>>1767383
>Cena is not even booed anymore.

Because he isn't winning three world titles a year and burying younger talent left and right anymore
>>
Everyone gets it, 05-07 Batista was the most over guy in the company.
>>
>>1767370

He was rather divisive. You had a few camps of people with him.

Long-time fans liked him at first because he was a change from HHH's reign of terror.

Kids liked him because he was a bad-ass and huge.

Young smarks hated him because he was the antithesis to their flippy vanilla midgets in ROH at the time.

As time went on the long-time fans became a bit tired of him as he became one-dimensional and a bit grating in a manner like Roman Reigns.
>>
>>1767370
He was really over in 2005 but Cena always outsold and outdrew him and then he got injured a lot, eventually Orton and Edge overtook him and Triple H kind of took his spot again.
>>
>>1767385
>>1767387

>all this revisionist history

PLEASE show me some Batista merch sales
>>
>>1767555
>Young smarks hated him because he was the antithesis to their flippy vanilla midgets in ROH at the time.

Are you kidding? Big Dave was a fucking patron saint of memes in his day.
>>
>>1767383
>being this delusional

Have sex pinhead
>>
>>1767373
>the entirety of his face run.
Not when Taker and Jeff Hardy ended up in the main event.
The crowd started to turn on him around early 2008. Iirc, he got booed in a match against Umaga at wrestlemania 24. Then they turned him heel after what i think was a year.
>>
I didn't watch at the time but I can't imagine anybody liking him at all. And his whole look is super dated and trashy, looking back it's like ''no way''
>>
>>1767628
Batista managed to split crowds against Undertaker & HBK in 2008.

>>1767631
>I didn't watch at the time but I can't imagine anybody liking him at all.

Thanks for your irrelevant opinion.
>>
>>1767661
Just sayin' faggot
>>
>>1767370
He was quite over in his prime and it'd be years till people turned on him. He had the look and the intensity, he wasn't great on the mic but could cut promos within reason, splitting from Evolution and his storyline against Haitch was major and added to his drawing power and he teamed with Rey Mysterio for a pretty based Big Guy and Flippyshit modern duo that won the tag titles while he held the Big Gold Belt.
>>
>>1767684
Nobody cares you little monkey.
>>
>>1767891
>liking island monkey Batista
>calling other people monkey

most powerful race in the world my ass
>>
>>1767901
>having opinions on somebody you've never watched

18+
>>
>>1767370
I was still pretty much a kid during that reign, but he was LITERALLY my favorite wrestler at the time. Looking back on it he was pretty shit in the ring, but his look and finishing moves were so 10/10 I just couldn't resist
>>
Well, all the kids at school liked him but personally he bored me to tears.
>>
>>1767567
No, that came later when he was feuding with Cena. I'm talking about his first title reign.
>>
>>1767370
He was based and over as fuck from 2005-07, but his popularity started to wane during 08 and when he turned heel in 2009 he became the best heel in years.

He was kinda forced into the title picture on Smackdown but that was because SD didn't have any other draws (barring Taker, but he wasn't in the title picture until 2007).
>>
>>1767911
I don't have an opinion on anything I didn't see.

I'm saying he looked dumb with his haircut, his tiny head and his fucking belly button tattoo.

get a grip, Flip, didn't mean to insult your precious roid monkey.
>>
>>1767954
>judging a wrestler solely off their appearance

Typical shitter /wwe/ babby.

>-t. British Isles + German white boi

>>1767938
Big Dave was a memelord at least as far back as 2007.
>>
>>1767971
lol i just said he looked like shit, which he does. And his return a few years ago definitely doesn't paint the picture of somebody who ever knew how to wrestle or entertain people.
>>
>>1767977
>judging a wrestler by their obviously past-their-prime nostalgia run

Just how deep into the dumbass hole are you willing to go, lad?
>>
>>1767370
He was the King of Smackdown during the tail end of the Ruthless Aggression Era. He was comparable to what Cena was on Raw during that time
>>
>>1767990
I don't know, how deep does your hole go, dumbass?
>>
>>1768068
...are you coming on to me?
>>
I liked him originally, well into his top face run until he got boring, got Cenaesque in his undeserved title shots and push. His heel turn was glorious though and I like him more with hindsight now. Reminder that he actually did what Punk could not and win an MMA fight.
>>
>>1768084
>Reminder that he actually did what Punk could not and win an MMA fight.

Yeah, against one impressive fighter...
>>
>>1768088

At least Dave realised it wasn't for him when he struggled against a big fat man. He got to keep his head held high and go onto a successful movie career, no idea what Phillip does now.
>>
>>1768136
Considering it's not even been a week, probably his day-to-day routine.
>>
>>1767954
god you're so stupid it hurts
>>
>>1768238
no your stupid Jeff
>>
But we still haven't answered the most important question: how big is Batista's dick?
>>
>>1768297
Iron Sheik already said it was 10 inches
>>
Tier 1: Cena, HHH
Tier 2: Batista, Orton, Edge

Batista v Triple H was the biggest feud of the 21st century at the box office unless you count the two Austin v Rock matches as a feud. It made Batista seem like a superstar but he quickly levelled out at Orton-tier.

In hindsight you'd have to say it was Triple H's drawing power that carried the feud
>>
>>1767370
>asking /asp/
You're just going to get a bunch of ''BASED BIG DAVE WAS HOGAN TIER OVER'' fanfiction
>>
>>1768140

crying on twitter?
>>
>>1768430
>He thinks their Backlash and Vengeance rematches did business
>>
>>1768430
Hi Paul!
>>
>>1767383
Cena doesn't get booed as much anymore because he isn't winning the wwe title every 2 months and burying half the roster.

So many older fans quit watching during his reign of terror. The ones that are left get pseudo PTSD every time he competes against a fan favorite.
>>
File: 1472214351208.jpg (21KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472214351208.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>1768430
>Triple H's drawing power
>Triple H
>Drawing power
>>
>>1768587
Hi right Smarkcuckster
>>
>>1768430
Hi Paul you fucking faggot. Mad guardians of the galaxy was a huge success, that you were wrong and dont know what's best for business at all like always? That you put the title on a glass concussion indie manlet because you wanted to be liked by smarks and killed the company by doing so? Go suck on stephs chyna dick clit you gave her fag
>>
>>1768627
Wow how will Gaytch recover from this

>‘WWE Raw’ Ratings Crash To New Lows: Will USA Network Cancel?
>For the longest time, Raw ratings have languished in the 3 million average viewers range. No more. In the second edition since Kevin Owens captured the WWE Universal Championship, the brand has done something unprecedented in this century — it hit less than 3 million viewers on both the three-hour average and the hour-to-hour totals.
>>
>>1768627
Batista is friends with DB tho, he also adores Rey Mysterio
>>
>>1767370
>Vince liked Cena
>Creative liked Batista
That's what I've read
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.