[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ryback interview Sports Illustrated!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 8

Losing to Mark Henry at WrestleMania 29:

> "I will never forget that day," said Ryback. "My numbers kept climbing even though I was losing these big time matches. I was under the assumption that I was going over on Mark Henry at WrestleMania and then turning heel the next night on John Cena. When I found days before that I was not going over, but that they wanted me to fall on my face with my finish and look like an idiot, I said there was no way I was doing that. I asked, 'Why are we doing this?' I went to Vince and spoke with him for thirty minutes in 'Gorilla' [the staging area right behind the curtain] and he lied to me how this was the reason for my heel turn – that I fell on my face and tripped, I just couldn't cut it, and that's why I'd turn heel.

> "Ultimately, though, they were just trying to run me into the ground and ruin my brand forever, and that happened time and time again. As you saw with that finish, it made zero sense from a booking standpoint to book me to fall flat on my face, and then the next night to turn me heel. The reaction to my heel turn was louder than ever, and then what did Vince do? He came to me personally and said, 'We're taking away all your merchandise. I want your merchandise to tank and no more 'Feed Me More,'' which was the thing that put me on the map. So instead of giving me an edge as a heel, you're stripping me of everything, having Cena go over me, and then you saw how my career fell after that. I lost the momentum, and I never got it back again."
>>
Yeah that was fucked up. What the fuck is wrong with Vince? He was genuinely over.
>>
>>1752220
>muh brand
HAHAHAHAHA Fucking state of Ryback, nobody owes you jack shit.
>>
>>1752220
Jesus Christ is he delusional?
>>
>>1752229
>>1752232

Why what's wrong with what he said? He wanted to protect his brand but wasn't allowed to, and was deliberately sabotaged by Vince.

When Phil said the same thing, ya'll were very appreciative.
>>
It's funny how Cryback has become just as big a baby as Phil now. They really belong together.
>>
This guy is nearing Phil levels of being a mark for himself. Maybe he's also gunning for HTM's spot at the top as well.
>>
>>1752248
Ryback isn't even "his" character, WWE owns it.

I can't wait until he gets BTFO in court for changing his name to it.
>>
>>1752290
A Ryback/Punk sitcom would be based.

>Punk, where's my whey protein
>Does it look like I eat whey?
>It looks like you eat way too little
>Cue theme song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJlF-BNXRW4
>>
>>1752248
He's an employee that gets paid to go out there and do what the boss tells him to, for how much fun he made of Punk, he's being just as much of a baby as him about it, except at this point Punk had already stopped with the shit flinging.
>>
>>1752296
Ryan is just trying to stay relevant. If he didn't do these gay "shoot interviews" trying to stir controversy he would have already been forgotten.
>>
He was depushed because he was an unsafe worker.
>>
>>1752294
Ryback completely owns his character
>>
>>1752296
Tell that to Wife beater Austin or bitter hitman hart or the old racist scum Hogan.
>>
>>1752315
Have sex.
>>
Guys who are marks for themselves create the most headaches, businesswise.

Despite being a WWE-made guy through and through, he shows all of the warning signs of being a guy who will go into business for himself. They have no reason to rely on guys who look like troublemakers, or in any way untrustworthy these days. His willingness to talk to literally anybody (or seemingly nobody) about his WWE woes since leaving shows he was not such a loyal guy.
>>
>>1752296
I don't know how you people can compare Ryback to CM Punk. Punk was given numerous championship runs and was consistently on the top of the card and he whined. Ryback was given garbage for a majority of his time on the main roster. He's right that it makes no fucking sense that Ryback goes from almost winning the WWE championship to failing over himself when doing his finisher. It's pretty retarded.
>>
>>1752318
kys Jeff
>>
>>1752315
>Comparing the two biggest draws in the history of wrestling and Bret Hart to Ryan "Ryback" Reeves.
>>
>>1752329
This.

This board is full of fucking phil marks.
>>
>>1752335
Principle is the same.
>>
>>1752329
People go up and down the card in wrestling, just look at Chris Jericho's career, sometimes he's a World Champion, sometimes he's feuding with Dean Ambrose over his jacket, it's a part of the business.

Ryback assumed he was going over at Wrestlemania, and he assumed he was having a program with Cena, as if the company owed it to him due to how he was being booked. Hold that L, Ryan, you're not a star and never were.
>>
>>1752348
It really seems like Ryback said "I want to be the next Cena" to somebody in power and they said "I like that attitude." Then he went and took that to mean he was going to main event, because he's dumb as fuck.
>>
>>1752335
> not > the two biggest draws in the history of wrestling along with the best in-ring wrestler and biggest foreign draw of all time
>>
>>1752348
Looks like you completely missed the point. Chris Jericho never lost because he slipped when doing the codebreaker and pinned himself. The Miz never lost because he did the figure four wrong and submitted himself. It's obvious that people move throughout the card, but moving from main title matches to pinning yourself because you were unable to do your finisher is moronic. Ryback has every right to complain about terrible booking.
>>
Sounds like Ryback failed one of Vince's tests.
>>
>>1752680
If only he'd got some of that pretty black longhair...

>>1752634
>The Miz never lost because he did the figure four wrong and submitted himself.

To be fair, this is still within the realm of possibility.
>>
>>1752348

I think this is less about ryback and more about the state of wwe creative. Reminder that the former wwe champion was squashed by brock a few months ago. They just nake haphazard choices these days.
>>
>>1752329
>>1752336
these
>>
>>1752227
Vince is a strange beast. It is even more curious given Rybacks look, which you would have thought is the very definition of what Vince loves. Maybe it was all because of all the talk of Ryback being an unsafe worker? Thats my only real theory. Maybe they felt he was too clumsy in the ring for any real push.
>>
File: 1470715229322.png (221KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1470715229322.png
221KB, 300x350px
>"mismanage" CuckMaster Phil
>OH MY GOD WHAT WERE THEY THINKING THE SUMMER OF PUNK WAS MAKING WRESTLING MAINSTREAM AGAIN THEY COULD HAVE MADE SO MUCH MONEY what's those numbers oh they're attentance and buyrates during punk's reign? Those don't matter.
>mismanage Ryback
>LOL "roidback" has no reason to complain. He literally got the world handed to him on a silver platter. Work botching his own finisher in front of the biggest audience of the year and losing as a result, getting all his best-selling merch pulled and being stripped of his catchphrase while never making it past the upper midcard even though he had a losing streak? That's NOTHING!
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 234x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 234x361px
>>1752295
>>
>>1752296
He's an independent contractor.
>>
>>1752220
All the roids Vince has taken over the years has turned his brain to rice pudding, he needs to step aside and let stephanie and trips take over
>>
File: 1473692551831.jpg (95KB, 707x760px) Image search: [Google]
1473692551831.jpg
95KB, 707x760px
>>1752935
Wait, you don't actually think Steph or Trips could run this shit any better, do you?
>>
>>1752220
How do we know the big guy isnt just telling big lies?
>>
>>1752220

>We're taking away all your merchandise. I want your merchandise to tank and no more 'Feed Me More,'

Kek this is so funny to imagine Vince saying.
>>
>>1752296
>Punk had already stopped with the shit flinging.

Objectively wrong.
>>
>>1752304
No he wasn't. He literally worked a program with cena after this
>>
>>1752348

>Comparing Jericho's career to Ryback

Jericho has nothing left to prove. He's won everything and done everything he can to do. He's in the phase of his career where he can do just about anything he wants and he'll still get a reaction.

A guy like Ryback isn't guaranteed that. I know you smarks love to hate on the big guy for injuring Phil, but he has a point. He was really over in 2012. Personally I think he just needs to get over it. If anyone should be pissed about their momentum being squashed it should be Damien Sandow. This is the same company that didn't think Daniel Bryan should have main evented wrestlemania 30.
>>
>>1753019
He was over, that's why Vince put one of his patented mind fucks on The Big Guy and clearly Ryback got worked and failed.
>>
>>1752295

>running gag where Ryback roid-rage drops Phil over a table but he fails and throws him over random shit.
>>
>>1753024
>get stripped of feed me more
>got ryback rules over in its stead

>lose to cena then relegated to superstars in a tag team with fucking Curtis axel
>got rybaxel over

Wow a real failure
>>
>>1752220
People are legit idiots thinking Ryback doesn't have a point.

Punk had gotten great booking, a whole summer, a long as hell title run, mutiple main events, and quit because he didn't get to main event WM over The Rock.

Ryback got one good stretch of decent booking until he faced Punk, in which he got destroyed by Shield repeatedly. Then he got made to look like a fool against Henry, then he turned Heel just so Cena could have someone to beat, then he got handed a literal 'Im a bully someone be a star' gimmick and it just got worse. Ryback never got his fair chance at the top like Punk.
>>
>>1753074
His whining manbaby bullshit, especially the shitshow he put on talking about how pay should be equal then leaving and still talking shit shows that he failed Vince's game.

It really isn't about staying over or getting crap gimmicks over with Vince when he puts guys through the ringer.
>>
>>1753085
Agreed. Ryback's complaints are legit.
>>
>>1752294
Except he was Ryback before he was with the WWE you fuckin mark
>>
>>1752978
Because he's from the future
>>
>>1753215
Proof? No? Thanks.
>>
>>1753085
Then he had that one gimmick of being a crazy dude who just walked out during matches and started yelling about twitter.

But that had too much potential so they stopped that
>>
>>1752248
>his brand

WWE doesn't agree, they think it's their brand. When Punk said that he was shat on for it, but when a cartoonish steroid addled mentally ill idiot who doesn't insult your intelligence says it it's legit complaints.
>>
>>1753228
Ryback in OVW with his Terminator gimmick

https://youtu.be/e7pYHYThxgc
>>
>>1753228
Here you go, let me spoonfeed you like your cunt mother does you thick skulled mongoloid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7pYHYThxgc

Now fuck off you embarrassing spastic.
>>
WWE probably felt weird giving a guy who was going to be dead of heart failure or suspended for steroid use a real spot on the upper-card.

He's like Benoit or Steiner, he's just a physical monstrosity and so disgustingly roided out it's impossible to look away.
>>
>>1753235
>>1753236

Pathetic marks.
>>
>>1753235
>>1753236

OVW, developmental territory for WWE at the time. LOL kill yourselves.
>>
>>1753228
>the state of smarks

Real fucking ''''smart'''''
>>
will everyone stop fighting, and respect Ryback. He is trying his darndest to pursue his dream
>>
>>1753282
No proof? Enjoy your lawsuit, Ryan.
>>
>>1753252
WWE did not own OVW you fucking mark
>>
>>1753298
Who said they owned it? Classic idiot, making stupid posts, kill yourself.
>>
Holy fucking crap, he is a big roid punk.
>>
>>1753334

For fuck sake. Only thing wwe does is scouts talent from there.

Therefore even a dumbfuck like you can understand that Ryback created himself, if someone owns the Ryback brand, its either ovw or Ryback himself. Definatedly not wwe.

Now fuck off cunt
>>
>>1753372
lol pathetic mark
>>
>>1753380

:^)
>>
I used to actually like the Based Guy. Now he's just acting like a bitch.

>wahh I dserved muh push

You don't earn or not earn anything. You're an actor and Vince or whoever is the director.

Good on him for quitting if he didn't like it, but don't cry over shit like this.
>>
File: I wish I never left.jpg (15KB, 217x230px) Image search: [Google]
I wish I never left.jpg
15KB, 217x230px
>>1752220
Ryback is a guy that thought he was better than he actually is and took it out on the company.

Guys with he same attitude like the Miz and Ziggler at least co-operate with WWE.
>>
>>1753448
I think Miz knows exactly who he is and how good he is, and he's smart enough to make it work for him.

Ziggler is a faggot, he probably thinks he's the best.
>>
>>1753372
Yeah he may have developed what little character Ryback has but when talent signs for wwe they forego everything. WWE owns all the trademarks etc So they think they own and they kinda do
>>
File: squaredcircle.png (774KB, 632x569px) Image search: [Google]
squaredcircle.png
774KB, 632x569px
>>1752220
>>
But it made complete sense Ryback losing at Wrestlemania 29.

Ryback cut a promo how he hit rock bottom and only way to go is up. He vent his frustration to John "Best Friend of All Years" Cena.

Heels aren't meant to get cheered at. That's why heels are not meant to sell merchandise. It's stupid as fuck, I agree. That's a carny mentality.
>>
>>1753448
The Miz doesn't give a fuck and isn't a huge mark of himself.

The Miz is a company man who has done past 5 years shit work which no one else wants to do like media appearances, Direct to DVD movies, being a jobber and being safe to work with.

Look at him now. He is fucking Maryse and possibly getting a main event push after years of hard work.
>>
The loss to Mark Henry was his first clean loss.
>>
>>1752290
Wouldn't you be pretty pissed about it, too?
>>
>>1752295

It looks like you eat way too little

>Not whey too little.
>>
>>1752634
>Chris Jericho never lost because he slipped when doing the codebreaker and pinned himself.

Ya know, I always took Ryback's WM finish as Henry was too heavy and strong and sort of countered the shell shock into a pin. Not that Ryback just dweebed out, fell, and pinned himself.
>>
>>1753732
That's what a lot of people fail to realise. 99% of wrestlers don't just walk into a promotion and get pushed straight to the top. That's the select few. Most have to do years of total fucking bullshit angles before they get anywhere.

People forget now that at one point Jericho was regularly jobbing to Chyna. He was even in an angle he promised to change his name to a female name (i forget what name now) and he lost. Now he's regularly discussed as one of the best heels of all time.

Sometimes you got to shovel a lot of shit before you get to the gold.
>>
>>1753517
That Bork Lazer shirt.
>>
>>1752227
He kept hurting people he wrestled with. You can't give someone who is considered unsafe a big push cause he might hurt some of your more important talent.
>>
Ryback is a massive mark for himself. He got pushed to the moon, was cooled off as it didn't fit into their plans as Punk vs Rock draws more, he ate a little bit of shit and got upset creative isn't pushing him to the fucking moon.

Trips, Jericho hell even Cena were jobbed out more often and all three were bigger than Ryback at his height. Whatever you think of Phil, Ryback is truly dumb as fuck.
>>
>>1754079
>pushed to the moon
>lost at almost every PPV and didn't see a belt until 2015
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1754105
Jericho took like 2 years to properly get over with management. Chyna complained he was too stiff in their programe together, and he was fucked with no lube for that for quite some time.
>>
>>1752229
your forced meme has been jobbed out

ya billy gunned this one

ya goober
>>
>>1754079

>pushed to the moon

He kept getting power bombed by the shield, lost to CM Punk at least 6 times,and then got put in a tag team with Curtis Axel.

Is that what qualifies as being pushed to the moon?
>>
>>1753091
That was all as he was leaving long after they killed him every single time he got over.
>>
Ryback was always built as strong to be put down by the underdogs by wrestling fair or the heels using cheap tactics. They tried to go the Goldberg way with him, but since kayfabe is dead nobody bought it, so he got relegated to being the guy that puts people over.
>>
File: gg.gif (2MB, 219x186px) Image search: [Google]
gg.gif
2MB, 219x186px
>>1752295
>>
>>1753712
>That's why heels are not meant to sell merchandise
Except heels sell plenty of merchandise. KO and AJ sell some of the most merch in the company. I've never heard of Vince outright removing a wrestlers merch when it's selling before. That's crazy petty and dumb.
>>
>>1752295

This would truly be a great sitcom.
>>
>>1754234
did it to christian, ko, randy orton, etc etc

its a common thing
>>
>>1752220
So how long until roidback pulls a Tyson Tomko and robs a store for drugs?
>>
>>1754469
nah hes going to mexico or japan and be over there. Probably japan or both.
>>
>>1752227
Ryback was never over. Feed Me More was over, Ryback was just a vehicle that no one cared about.
>>
>>1752295
Would watch. Book it.
>>
>>1754234
They pulled Punk's merch as soon as it was clear he was going to outsell Cena
>>
>>1752220
So lets see here....this fucking jabroni thinks he's Stone Cold Steve Austin mixed with Ultimate Warrior

Changes his LEGAL NAME to Ryback Allen Reeves, like Warrior did, although he isn't/wasn't 1/10000th as over as warrior or well known.

He blames Vince and the writers for his shitty gimmick, which wasn't much of a gimmick to begin with.

"Hi, I'm Ryback. My job is to squash people and be a monster. I paid my dues in Tough Enough and 5 years in the WWE-controlled indies, so I should get paid the same amount as everyone else, but don't forget that money doesn't matter to me."

Vince wants to get paid as much as Ryblah wants to get paid. This bullshit about pulling merch is idiotic.

Unless the show was over, I don't know how anyone could speak to Vince for 30 minutes at Gorilla as his in the middle of producing the damn show.

He had momentum when he started, but he also got a big head immediately. The fucker didn't know how to relax and let the machine work for him. If Zack Ryder can save his career through a Youtube channel and win the IC belt at mania, Heath Slater can become a Tag Team champ and woman's wrestling can become popular, this big idiot doesn't have a leg to stand on. He will be one of the 'Where Are They Now' guys within a year.
>>
>all these whiny betas in wwe
Why do none of these cunts listen to all the old timers that say to say no and refuse to do dumb shit and while doing promos to just try shit without asking and get yelled at after?
>>
>>1754676
It's also well known that Vince likes alphas who will do just that so I don't understand why these guys never do it.
>>
>>1754679
McGregor was right the new generation is full of pussies
>>
>>1754679
ryback literally said he went to vince and told him to his face, probably why he got pretty good offer but not what ryback wanted so he walked.
>>
>>1754707
That's not the way to do it, you don't talk to Vince. You just go out there and fucking do shit. If it works Vince will yell at you then spin it as his idea. If it doesn't you'll still get buried and yelled at.

Watch any old hand from WWE talk about how they dealt with things and I'm certain you'll find a story just like that in all of their accounts.
>>
>>1754707
Told him what that he didn't know why they were doing things and then just accepting it after Vince jews him?
>>
>>1754717
>jericho
>austin
>rock
>Cena

all talked face to face with vince. do you even listen to podcasts you fag?
>>
>>1754777
All 4 of those guys also did things without asking and also said no to dumb shit. He wasn't saying you can't ever talk to Vince you dumb fucking cunt. Also
>listening to podcasts
>>
>/asp/ will literally defend a roid monster who gets gassed in five minutes and is only good for squash matches and hot tags
>>
>>1754797
Not that guy but podcasts are based

>>1754807
Wrestling was built partially with freaks like him. Benoit, Steiner, Warrior, it's part of a healthy tradition.
>>
>>1754807
>its an autist misuses insider terms post
>>
>>1754870
>god tier in ring/gimmick
>charismatic/good in ring and good gimmick
>god tier gimmick/mic work and look
Ryback had none of these
>>
>>1755019
Nobody cared about Benoit's wrestling ability, he was popular because he looked like a fucking roided out psychopath.
>>
>>1755171
t. started watching wrestling in 2011 because of Punk
>>
>>1755208
>thinks this is Japan and anybody cares about wrestling ability
>>
I don't even know why he thinks he's a big deal, he was horrible in the ring and just a meme outside of it.

He's clearly trying his best to stay relevant no matter what, but all this stuff only speaks bad of him, speaking shit about his old job and such, when they pretty much made him.
>>
>>1755171
>>1755246
But they did, his wrestling was part of his psychopath gimmick you stupid idiot
>>
whens the next ryback podcast
>>
>>1755633
lol whatever you need to tell yourself brother
>>
>>1755675
?
>>
Is this guy ever going to stop whinging? He wasn't that good.
>>
>>1753980
>He kept hurting people he wrestled with

Name all the people not called CM Cuck that he injured.
>>
File: 1431540329640A.jpg (39KB, 635x635px) Image search: [Google]
1431540329640A.jpg
39KB, 635x635px
>>1752220
>they were just trying to run me into the ground and ruin my brand forever

Phil-tier delusion.
>>
>>1753019
I thought the same thing about Sandow...until I saw him in TNA. Holy fuck does he suck ass. No personality. Garbage in ring. And this is after being in developmental for something like 8 years. COdy got him over the first time. MizGOD got him over HUGE the second time. The second he was paired with a shitter like Axel he was fucked. Now he's on his own in a different company and absolutely floundering.
>>
>>1757738
same thing happened to kennedy. He got exposed hard.
>>
>>1752220
This guy had the EXACT WWE look. He had everything they look for when it comes to a top guy.

He fucked it up. He was handed everything and he fumbled it like Reigns did.

Fuck this big gumpy loser.
>>
>>1756571
Ziggler
>>
>>1757738
Sandow as fun as a solo act in his early WWE years
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.