[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this hold Game over? Like how the fuck do you get out of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Is this hold Game over? Like how the fuck do you get out of it? It just ends matches doesnt it?

Also on the CM Punk fight, When Micky went for his legs, what was stopping Punk from grabbing onto his back and making Micky fall on his face? Did he fuck up?
>>
>>1751440
>Did he fuck up?

No. You had someone who has almost a decade of Jiu Jitsu experience vs someone who has been doing it for about 2 years. What happened is what was supposed to happen.
>>
>>1751446
>2 years

Not even, wasn't he injured twice during training?
>>
>>1751461
yeah He got like a years training I'd assume.
>>
CM Punk is a nu male geek with no killer instinct

Mickey could have fought the first ten seconds with his hands behinds his back and punk wouldn't have been able to follow through
>>
>>1751440
>Is this hold Game over?
Most of the time, yes. But there are tactics to attempt escape and they have worked. CM Punk was at nowhere near the level to attempt it.

>When Micky went for his legs, what was stopping Punk from grabbing onto his back and making Micky fall on his face?

He tried, but if you do that you'll end up helping the person put you on your back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUQPyXnXSBI
>>
This was already game over
>>
>>1751440
When was John Cena in UFC?
>>
>>1751440
This is what pisses me off about ufc, 90% of the matches end in submission like indie midgets ala dbry.
>>
>>1751668
>>>/reddit/ for low quality meme posting pls
>>
Has anyone ever been knocked retarded in UFC?

Like on worldstarhiphop when the body starts twitching and the eyes roll back.
>>
>>1751680
Ironic considering you just posted the most overused 4chan meme. Still waiting on a response to the hugfest.
>>
>>1751686
It's not overused when it's usually relevant. You'd honestly prefer it there, it's filled with edgy teens like you.
>>
>>1751440
I dunno, he tried. It was a hard fight, obviously, but he rolled over and exposed his back to Mickey Gall late in the fight, and in the first 2-3 weeks I took No-gi BJJ one of the firs things I learned was not to roll over and expose my back to my opponent. Between my instructor yelling at me and being choked out while sparring being pretty uncomfortable, I got it down in the first 3 weeks or so. I expected him to lose, but I expected him to be a bit better than this. If he wants to keep going with MMA I hope he keeps training and uses this loss as motivation to do better when he trains.
>>
>>1751440
Yes, once they've weaved their legs in between yours (what they call 'getting the hooks in') it's very difficult to twist your body out from that position, and once the arm is under the chin it's extremely difficult to escape even for seasoned BJJ practitioners.
>>
>>1751689
It a shit meme for people with no proper response, like you.
>>
>>1751550
True, the he is too fucking beta to be in ufc, 'I'm gonna cook for my wife' I mean what the fuck is wrong with you, saying this shit in a post ufc fight conference? seriously he is a cuck, I aleyas defended him but his infatuation with his wife and dog and the never give up attitude makes him a textbook cuck
>>
>>1751681
a few times but the camera cuts away from it really quick and focuses on the winner running and jumping on the cage..

but those people always get up after a few mins and are able to walk out
>>
>>1751715
people roll over and give up their backs in UFC because it's not allowed to strike to the back of the head
>>
>>1751681
If u can find the ending of brenden Schcaub vs Ben rothwell that happens at the end
>>
>>1751681
Affliction - Belfort vs Lindland
>>
Everything you need to know regarding technical aspects in here OP....

> Gall Vs Punk - What went wrong! Complete Technical Analysis! MUST WATCH FOR ALL FANS!

files dot fm/u/xynf8h3w

> If you're a first time viewers of UFC/casual viewer or if you're an MMA enthusiast, then you need to watch this. Thorough technical analysis of what happened in the fight. It would give you a very good idea of what MMA and jiu-jitsu is all about.

> 22 mins of carnage analysis. Absolute must watch.

> Download, watch and then Comment.

> video format is Mp4.
>>
When he locks it in, you are done. You can escape leading up to it though, but it requires a lot of skill and awareness. Keep your chin on your chest and work his hands while trying to make sure you can move position. It really is a chess match at that point. But 9/10 if they get in the position, it is mostly because you didn't defend yourself properly beforehand.
>>
File: pvz arms.jpg (34KB, 599x338px) Image search: [Google]
pvz arms.jpg
34KB, 599x338px
>>1751440
>Is this hold Game over? Like how the fuck do you get out of it? It just ends matches doesnt it?
Most submission holds, once properly locked in, are game over. Either the hold is locked in and chances are you're fucked or you've prevented the hold from being fully locked and you can fight to escape. There's exceptions of course, Paige Van Zant here fought against a properly locked armbar and managed to wiggle out, the result was a dislocated arm at a disgusting angle. Most people would've tapped.

>Also on the CM Punk fight, When Micky went for his legs, what was stopping Punk from grabbing onto his back and making Micky fall on his face? Did he fuck up?
Punk was not in a position to stop the takedown. He was awkwardly upright, skipping towards Gall and winging some kind of right hand punch thinking Mickey was going to stand in place and engage in a punchout, which was a mixture of his own lack of experience and Gall acting as though he would. Gall also moved the takedown towards the fence, which makes it easier to scoop the legs out from under someone.
>>
>>1751655
yeah, most people don't realize that punk was caught in multiple submissions during the match which gall could have finished at any time. He just wanted to beat him up a bit before finishing
>>
>>1751440
Fight the hands, tuck the chin. Rear naked chokes are apparently really hard to lock in with MMA gloves too.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.