[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could he have successfully fought in UFC in his prime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (51KB, 400x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 400x582px
Could he have successfully fought in UFC in his prime?
>>
>>1747299
Assuming it was martial artists of his time, I'm sure he could.
>>
I'm sure he could. He was the real deal.
>>
>>1747299
If nothing else, he was fit and smart enough. He would've found a style that fit him.
>>
Probably, good work ethic, could probably find a great trainer
>>
Regardless of the mysticism surrounding him, he was one hell of an athlete. I imagine he would do well in a lot of sports if he wanted.
>>
I dunno. Do Eastern martial art compete well against Western martial art?
>>
>>1747347
>mma
>"western"
MMA is basically just an evolution of judo.
>>
>>1747387
Well, kung fu versus judo then. Different style and philosophy
>>
If he could avoid getting down on the floor. In terms of striking, he was fast as fuck. Lightweight too. His opponents would not be muscular.
>>
>>1747347

Bruce Lee once said this.
>"Someone with only a year of training in boxing and wrestling could easily defeat a martial artist of twenty years experience."
>>
>>1747299
Hell yes.
>>
>>1747299
No. He was a meme.
>>
File: 213121312312312.jpg (45KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
213121312312312.jpg
45KB, 620x620px
>>1747781
>"Someone with only a year of training in boxing and wrestling could easily defeat a martial artist of twenty years experience."

And with that he was referring to certain traditional forms of kung fu.

Also, Bruce Lee would dominate everyone.
>>
>>1747299

Yes

He cross trained in fencing, boxing, and studied all martial arts

With his speed,power, training regimen, and drive he'd be a world champion
>>
I think he would've dominated most opponents but after a certain amount of time he would've focused more on his ground game just so he could improve it, probably costing him at least one or two matches.

The iceberg can be chipped away, but the water will flow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EygqL--RW4
>>
>>1751414

True. The reason both boxing and wrestling often do sparring and competion while most traditional martial arts lacking it.

He could possible dominate everyone but he will face some difficulty and lost in the matches.
>>
>>1747299
as you saw from the punk match, drama show actors arent real fighters
>>
>>1747299
he was an actor, no
>>
>>1747299

Danny Hodge would have pushed his shit in.
>>
>>1752040
You have no clue what you're talking about, watch this video to get an idea of what MMA is truly about....

files dot fm/u/xynf8h3w

Thorough technical analysis of what happened in the Punk vs Gall fight. It would give you a very good idea of what MMA and jiu-jitsu is all about.

22 mins of carnage analysis. Absolute must watch.

Download, watch and then Comment.

video format is Mp4.
>>
>>1751420
He did not train fencing. He read bits of a manual and decided he would lead with his strong hand like fencers do.
>>
>>1752143
STOP SHILLING YOUR VIDEO AND SPAMMING EVERY POST
MOOOOOOOOOODS
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.