[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best in the World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: look in my eyes.png (524KB, 779x587px) Image search: [Google]
look in my eyes.png
524KB, 779x587px
How will he be remembered /asp/? Will people look back on him as a joke? Or will he go down with respect? Will he even fight again?
>>
He will be looked as a great professional wrestler by the wrestling community. Honestly, he'll continue to be over rated for all eternity.
>>
This is an old guy who was a noob

He got out of Gall's hold once and didn't get KO'd. Did better than I thought.
>>
He'll be remembered as an egotistical prick who worked himself into a shoot
>>
So is his ear fucked up for good or what
>>
>>1740081
Simple surgery can fix it
>>
>>1740047
piss poor pro wrestler with amazing entertaining skills, big ego, white belt in bjj, humbled by a mma rookie in 2 minutes
>>
>How will he be remembered
He lasted longer than anyone expected him too, didn't get knocked the fuck out as soon as Gall started raining down on him with those nasty punches, and most of Twitter is praising him saying he was brave and courageous to step in there in the first place. I'd say even if he doesn't have another match in UFC, he'll be remembered fondly.

>Will people look back on him as a joke
Only half of the IWC, but who gives a shit bout them amirite? :^)

>Will he even fight again
I hope he fades away from the big leagues but still does MMA. Despite getting completely bodied, he said it was the best moment of his life, and it really looks like he enjoyed himself. If he can try out smaller companies against less talented guys to earn himself a steady w/l record over time, he'll do just fine.
>>
The meme bomb and the build to MitB 2011 cemented him as forever memorable in the WWE. This whole UFC fiasco has been a joke, and if he's lucky, MMA fans will forget about him at some point down the road.

Memes aside, I'm of the opinion that Punk belongs in a wrestling ring, regardless of his ego and hissy fitting. He could have been HoF and still could be if he came back. He won't, though.
>>
>>1740047
What he has to do is come back to wrestling on the small scale. Wrestle for ROH again.

And he has to put out matches that are on. fire.

He has to do a streak of 5 star matches to get people to forget about the UFC stuff. He has to make people think "Yeah, okay..he didn't do so great in the real fighting, but he IS the Best in The World at what he does: which is professional wrestling".
>>
>>1740106
This

Dana used him for money. He wanted to do amateur but he was offered pro. At least he trained with the best and knows how a pro fight works now.
>>
>>1740106

>He lasted longer than anyone expected him too

He lasted exactly the same time someone with 1 year training lasts. It wasn't an over-achievement. No one except mandrama spuds believe it.
>>
>>1740145
Not him, but as soon as Gall grounded him I thought he was done. The fact that he stayed around for the following 2 minutes was astonishing tbqh.
>>
>>1740156

No it wasn't astonishing cause Mickey said that he wasn't fully committing to the initial chokes he had on him and he was just feeling him out.

Stop praising the guy for being taken down in 5 seconds. It looks really pathetic, from an outside perspective.
>>
He will be remembered as a joke. After all that trash talk towards everyone, after punching that fan in the face because he thought the fan touched him, after all of his "shoot" interviews, after all his complaints about being shackled and held down, he goes and tries something where it's impossible for him to be shackled down, and he gets completely humiliated.
>>
>>1740184
>I-It's not like I was t-trying to knock you out...
Coming from the guy who said the match would be over in 45 seconds or less? Yeah, I bet he reeeally means that.

>Stop praising the guy for being taken down in 5 seconds
"Praising" is a strong way of looking at it. He got beat the fuck up and his complete lack of offence made him look like shit. It's the fact that he held out as long as he did. It's not just about how many punches you can give, another strong factor is how many you take take, and he soaked them pretty well. Even avoided Gall's early on submission attempts. I'm not praising Punk in any way, just saying he surprised me with what he took, and how he took his loss as well.
>>
>>1740230

Are you really trying to draw a positive from someone getting taken down in 5 seconds? it's like that little league baseball coach who gives everyone a participation medal.

>He held out as long as he did

Which wasn't very long. It's surprising to you cause you don't watch MMA in the first place.
>>
>>1740244
>Are you really trying to draw a positive from someone getting taken down in 5 seconds?
Read my post again anon, you'r just barneyfagging now.

>It's surprising to you cause you don't watch MMA in the first place
No need to get upset and make baseless assumptions just because someone has a different outlook on (serious) mandrama.
>>
>>1740230
Punk cheated by throwing his legs over Gall as he tried to use the cage for leverage. He looked like a doofus who didn't know what he was doing and frankly he went out the best way he could because at least nobody had to see his pansy punches or him trying any sort of offense.

If Gall had any good boxing experience he would have KO'd Punk for rushing him, but Punk was so stupid he rushed into Gall's best advantage.
>>
>>1740047
He goes down like the best thing WWE had in years maybe decades, i got real real sad about his UFC fight but it doesnt change my respect 4 Phill.Might stop watching wrestling for a while tho.
>>
>>1740259

You're literally saying, "Good job buddy you lasted 2 minutes in there" when he got taken down in 5 seconds.
>>
>>1740277
Indeed I am, and I think you don't seem to understand the difference between being "taken down" and "submitting". Maybe it is you that should go out and actually watch some more MMA.
>>
>implying UFC isn't fixed
>implying he didn't lose to make the "real sport" look more legit
>implying he won't fight and lose again but put on a slightly better showing
>implying he won't eventually win after he's "put in the work" and "become a true UFC fighter"
>>
>>1740291

Lol I know the exact difference, way more than you since this is clearly the first event you've ever watched. I just told you what Mickey himself said and you stutter meme'd at me, yeah kudos to CM Punk for letting himself get punched in the head then choked out! What a warrior!

Go be a mark somewhere else. There was nothing astonishing about that performance. It was astonishingly bad, and he knows it too.
>>
>>1740300
>I just told you what Mickey himself said and you stutter meme'd at me
If you ignore the part where I then told you something else Mickey said before his fight with Punk that he didn't act on, then yeah, you're 100% correct.

>Go be a mark somewhere else
Sure showed me with that tight debate there anon.
>>
>>1740315

>Mickey finished him in 2 minutes instead of 45 seconds, wow good job punk you lasted 1 minute longer

Yes you are a mark. He could have been choked out sooner if not later but he had to get softened up with some blows first so that he can know it's not fake acting he's gotten himself into.

It's cool you want to play cheer leader for Phil cause you're a mark, but everyone else who is objective saw the fight for what it was.
>>
File: delete.jpg (84KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
delete.jpg
84KB, 1310x873px
>Make thread
>Leave thread
>return to thread
>Thread derailed by assblasted fanboys crying at each other for an hour

Why do I even bother with /asp/.
>>
>>1740047
>respect
Being retarded enough to let your ego control your decision to fight people outside of your league. Sounds like dumb cunts on a Saturday night squaring up to bouncers at a club.

Credible people on Twitter are saying respect out of sympathy and fans saying it to save face.
>>
Can someone please link the fight
>>
>>1740435
I think you just should watch the webm of the fight, not much of a fight.
>>
>>1740395
>make a thread about a guy most of /asp/ hates after getting his ass handed to him
>WHY U NOT PRAISING HIM

Goto leddit if you want a punk circlejerk
>>
>>1740435
There's not much to watch desu, just a guy getting raped by Gall

The match was underwhelming.
>>
File: glorius.png (47KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
glorius.png
47KB, 200x200px
>>1740395
People have different opinions. The ones for Punk just can't back it up so they're going on full damage control so they don't look like idiots.
>>
>>1740470
>>WHY U NOT PRAISING HIM
When did I say he needed praise? Half the OP is me saying if he's just a joke now and probably won't fight again. I just wanted to spark conversation, there are other meme threads to spark markwars in.
>>
He'll be back in the WWE in less than a year. He finally got his cunt mouth shut for him and embarassed in front of millions.

At this point, he either kills himself or comes back to the WWE like a bitch. There is zero chance he's fighting again.
>>
>>1740047
The reputation he always wanted: the Bret Hart of the modern era.
>>
>>1740047
Faggots still like benoit and his faggot ass was a child killer.

People will still love punk.
>>
>>1740230

You realize you are giving punk a participation trophy right?

Generation of bitches.
>>
Punk isn't worthy of the title "Best in the World" anymore. That belongs to AJ Styles.
>>
File: GlassPUNKxxx.jpg (186KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
GlassPUNKxxx.jpg
186KB, 1600x900px
>>1740047
smug egotistcal faggot didnt so much as even punch air. literally got off ZERO offensive ANYTHING in the fight.

"just out here to have some fun"
>>
File: CM-Punk-Crying-e1473593983231.jpg (41KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CM-Punk-Crying-e1473593983231.jpg
41KB, 600x338px
>>1740106
>He lasted longer than anyone expected him too

HE WAS ONLY ON HIS FEET FOR 4 SECONDS IN THE FIGHT.

LITERALLY ONLY 4 SECONDS.
what the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>1740081
If he gets it drained soon he'll be fine.
>>
>>1744576
Outside /asp/, Bret Hart is beloved
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.