[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUNK v GALL: A CONFIRMED WORK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: punked.png (16KB, 702x246px) Image search: [Google]
punked.png
16KB, 702x246px
CONFIRMED WORK:

Ohio cannot issue a license for a legit fight on an amateur seeking to turn pro without a winning record. They supposedly issued a waiver to Punk, taking his pro wrestling experience as an example of amateur events. Even though, by it's name, pro wrestling is not amateur MMA. So maybe the actual reason for the waiver, is that he doesn't require authorisation, if he is only appearing in an uncontested event? ie: a work. More here:

https://combatsportslaw.com/2016/09/06/is-ohio-bending-the-rules-for-cm-punks-ufc-debut/
>>
biggest work ever about to happen
>>
>>1724988
>he thinks the ufc isnt a work
18+
>>
>>1724988
ALL UFC is a work
>>
>>1724988
Gall doesn't meet that requirement either. He's had 4 fights.
>>
Or they threw lots and lots and lots of money at Ohio.
>>
>>1725059
that's a good point.
>>
>>1725059
the law says five AMATEUR bouts. Mickey has four PROFESSIONAL fights, many more amateur fights.
>>
>>1725159
>Mickey has four PROFESSIONAL fights, many more amateur fights
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mickey-Gall-160145
>>
>>1724988

The reason they gave for the waiver is that they trust Joe Silva.

It's kind of a dumb rule because the world of Amateur MMA can be really shady anyway
>>
>>1725179
Yeah, 4 fights. Good thing he practiced for 7 years.
>>
>>1725038
>>1724995
Calling it a work doesn't really give the right idea and I think is why people always react badly when people point it out. UFC is like boxing, it's fixed (in the sense one of the guys will take a dive) by the promoters and competitors in order to make more money in a lot of the large money fights. The lower tier stuff is legit because no one is going to bother fixing it.
>>
At this point, is it more damaging for Punk to win a rigged fight, or lose it?

I kind of see some dignity in taking a hiding and losing in a rigged match - you were there to cash a pay cheque and put some new guy over.

If Punk gets his arm raised at the end and everyone is sure it's a work, then he is going to look a lot like a kid whose momma gives a special medal to to stop him crying, because he came last in the race at school sports day.
>>
>>1727217
So if Phil destroys the potato it means it was a rigged fight?Riiiiiiiiigght,already excuses for MMAutists...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFMLNbC9sU8
>>
>>1727258
>So if Phil destroys the potato it means it was a rigged fight?

Blatantly yes.

To be able to actually believe a zero-muscle mass grandad with no experience in competitive combat sports can realistically defeat a 24 year old with 7 years experience is more mental gymnastics than most people could take.
>>
>>1727300
So how the fuck it's rigged if Punk TKO's,KO's or submits the kid?
Explain that shit to me....
>>
>>1727311
How do you rig a match?
You're asking me that?
That is your question?
>>
>>1727324
Yes
>>
>>1727325
You are seriously ask: how do you rig a fight?
You want me to furnish you with an answer to that question?
Is that it?
>>
>>1727326
Yes
>>
>>1727327
oh.
I dunno, lol
>>
File: image.png (326KB, 463x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
326KB, 463x431px
>>1727339
>>
>>1727311
Gall is paid to go down in the 2nd round. Done.
>>
>>1727217
So if Punk loses, it's bad for Punk...
But if Punk wins, it's bad fir Punk?
>>
>>1727433
Doubt that
>>
>>1727311
You're kidding right? The guy paid to lose lets himself get submitted, or lets himself get hit and pretends to be knocked out. How is that hard to understand.
>>
>>1727457
Maybe you should read up about how all the fixed boxing matches work. It's very real and very easy to do
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.