[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: brucelee.jpg (86KB, 845x900px) Image search: [Google]
brucelee.jpg
86KB, 845x900px
Was he overrated?
>>
>>1710320
Not one dime.
>>
>>1710323

The question was he overrated, not how much your mom made on the corner last night
>>
>>1710323
$21,483,000, actually.
>>
File: rock.jpg (64KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
rock.jpg
64KB, 960x639px
>>1710345
>Drew 645 million dimes in only one year
Get on my level.
>>
>>1710323
>>1710345
>>1710405
thanks for the great responses. they really answer the question i was asking.
>>
>>1710551
have sex
>>
>>1710551
Well, if Bruce Lee wasn't around there'd never have been Jet Li or Chow Yun Fat or Zhang Ziyi or Jackie Chan or Donnie Yen or Wu Jing.

So no, he wasn't overrated.
>>
It depends. Bruce Lee is definitely an icon and he achieved more on his short life than most people on their entire lives but China may go too far in some places, see the Bruceploitation
>>
>>1710568
As an actor and a personality it really is hard to overrate Bruce. Like you said, he is pretty much the one true god of Kung Fu cinema.

However, as a martial artist, I would say he's pretty overrated.
>>
>>1710320
He's definitely more overrated now than he was in his time. Back then real knowledge of martial arts was comparatively limited in spread and his movies were instrumental in popularizing chopsocky across the world, the hype around the guy with a strong media presence who vocalized and spread good ideas that died too young was wholly understandable.

It's been over 40 years though. The hero worship around him is tiresome and people who insist he's the origin of crosstraining and a practical focus in martial arts, or that he was one of the greatest martial artists that ever lived and could totally clean out modern combat sports in his weightclass are just ignorant and buying into the myth of a long dead actor.
>>
>>1711477
Yeah, anyone who knows his fighting history knows he was a bit of an egomaniac who got beat a lot. Ip Man didn't want anything to do with him till after he was big time. Even the white guy from the green hornet threw him around iirc.
>>
>>1710320
I don't care if he was overrated or not. Was he a draw?
>>
>>1715500
Brucetty couldn't draw flies to shit

The Crow which starred his son outdrew all his movies combined
>>
>Bruce Leeaboos
>>
>>1710320
Never drew a nickel
>>
>>1715500
Ok. Stop. No one cares. I know that you sit on your ass all day and spam shitty wresting threads but this whole "Draw" and "heel" shit is just plain terrible. You really piss me off.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drrkyFfVKNo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.