[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Austin vs Cena been a good feud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1471303977454.jpg (34KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
1471303977454.jpg
34KB, 642x361px
If Owen never broke Austins neck this feud would be a lock to headline a Mania or two.
>>
Austin was finished after his heel turn

WM19 did 585k buys and him/Rock was the main angle of RAW
>>
>>1707469
Finished by Austin's standards shits on the drawing capacity of basically anyone else.

>>1707461
It would have been based as fuck. With more top stars Vince would've had wriggle-room at the top to turn guys like Cena, so we may have seen Austin's vicious tweener go against a kinda subverted Heel Cena.
I can't see Cena getting cheered over Austin, so the obxious route of Heel/Tweener Austin vs Face Cena would have been awful for BMJ
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
only if it was chain gang cena
>>
>>1707485
He wasn't drawing at that point though, only the What shirts (which are/we huge) drew. He was in mid card angles due to getting fed up with creative and then was in the main angle on the A show and it flopped big time. It was 560k, not 585k. It's the only year besides 97 that the Rumble did more buys than WM I'm pretty sure.

Austin was sick of creative for a long time, I can't see him sticking around for much longer neck injury or not
>>
>>1707498
>Austin wasn't drawing

This never happened ever. You're jumping through hoops and attributing it's failure to a match that wasn't even the ME.
Look at the rest of the card. It was headlined by Angle and Brock, who have nowhere near the power of Austin/Rock, and the rest was utter garbage.
>>
>>1707498
pretty sure he was still the top merch seller in 2003 as the GM
>>
>>1707507
Angle/Brock were on the B-Show and it wasn't even the main angle on that show, Hogan/Vince was. That didn't draw either, but neither did Austin/Rock. Nobody drew on that card, and Austin was a part of it

>>1707508
Yes, I just gave credit to his merch. But creative had it in for him for a long time, even when stunnered the whole McMahon family years later they wanted him to job to Coach. I doubt an Austin/Cena feud would have happened
>>
>>1707498
>Austin wasn't drawing because a show headlined by other people did poorly

What was the implication here
>>
>>1707515
Angle/Brock '''''''headlined'''''''' as much as HHH/Jericho '''''''headlined''''''' the previous year. It was the third main angle behind Austin/Rock and Hogan/Vince

And before 19, like I said he was in mid card feuds due to shitting on creative. He stopped drawing by proxy, creative had it in for him
>>
>>1707512
>Title feud is second-fiddle to a rivalry that exceeds 100 years
>Austin/Rock's third chapter in five years with little build being an upper-card match

Yeah Austin wasn't drawing at that point whatsoever despite selling shirts out the ass. It wasn't a creatively bankrupt, horrifically mismanaged show across the board that hindered them whatsoever.
>>
>>1707521
>with little build

Huh? It started immediately after he beat Bischoff, so about a month and a half and it was the main angle on the show. Austin/Rock and Hogan/Vince were the two main angles that year
>>
>another thread ruined by hoganfag
>>
>>1707533
>hoganfag

Kek what are you on about? I literally said Hogan/Vince didn't draw a dime either.
>>
>>1707527
If a WM main event happened last year and your headliner didn't appear until a month and half before the show it would be considered rushed by any standard. He wasn't even at the Rumble. 2002 was a bad year for business, mainly because Austin and Rock were not prominently featured anymore which lead to waning long term interest in the product. Not to mention Haicth holding the belt at the time and burying any new prospects (RVD should have been in that match). Brock did not draw at the time either, he was pushed to oblivion but the guy had no eyes on him.
>>
>>1707545
Agreed with everything you said, I didn't put the blame on just Austin at all. Nobody drew on that card, it wasn't his fault but he was still in a main angle

Him and creative clashed too much, that's why I think a Austin/Cena feud wouldn't have happened no matter what
>>
If only Vince did not try and punish Austin and forced him to job to Brock on Raw.

WM 18 could have been Austin/Brock instead.
>>
>>1707461
Austin is too over to go heel against Cena's ultra good guy character
>>
>>1707588
>.
>different brands
>austin the midcard vs bork the main event

19+
>>
>>1707588
>WM18

I think you mean 19

Brock was running through everyone at that point, Vince had a hard on for him. He beat Hogan/Flair on regular TV, beat Rock so bad he wasn't on TV again until the next year, and beat Taker I think 2 PPVs in a row. Even if Vince didn't want him to job on RAW, he would have probably lost on a regular PPV beforehand

I would have done Austin/Hogan, Rock/HBK and Lesnar/Angle
>>
>>1707594
Raws Goldberg and Smackdowns Lesnar faced each other the year after
>>
>>1707599
so what? that wasn't for the title
>>
They wanted to do Cm Punk- Austin for WM 29
>>
>>1707806
also Hogan vs Austin WM 25 and Austin vs Lesnar WM 32
>>
>>1707822
>Hogan vs Austin WM 25

It was Hogan vs Cena
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.