[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, WWE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: Dean-Ambrose-Kevin-Owens.jpg (32KB, 525x288px) Image search: [Google]
Dean-Ambrose-Kevin-Owens.jpg
32KB, 525x288px
What went wrong, WWE?
>>
>>1682650
Smarks
>>
They chose two guys the audience likes to be champion.
>>
>>1682650
JUST
>>
Who would have thought the CZW champ and that fat ROH champ would be WWE champions. Its no wonder that WWE is in the shitter that it is in and has its lowest ratings and attendence since the days of Bret Hart being champ
>>
haitch ruining wwe
>>
>>1682689
Could be worse, they could keep trying to build around a failed NFL wannabe to increasing record lows.
>>
>>1682650
AJ will be the champ after Backlash.
>>
Ambrose is shit
>>
>LE WHACKY LUNATIC CRINGE CHARISMA BLACK HOLE FROM CZW
>LE STRONGU STYRE MEME KICK MAN FROM JAPAN
>LE OBESE REDDIT SMARK PERSONIFIED NECKBEARD FROM ROH
>LE WOMEN'S """""WRESTLING"""""
Congratulations, you retards killed wrestling! Thank you, Hunter! Or should I say, Paul ;) [only smart fans like me will get this xD]
>>
>>1682650
*What went right
FIFY
>>
What went wrong:

1.) Vince's creative staff took the "smark community" and squaredcircle memes seriously
2.) Actually enforcing roid policy
3.) Watering down the product and projecting the image of a "wholesome corporate citizen"
4.) Caring about respectability
5.) Caring about the media elites who hold wrasslin' in contempt; trying to appease cocksuckers like Bob Costas
6.) Going public
7.) Firing good people who may have been rough around the edges and replacing them with stuffed corporate shirts
8.) Deciding your goal was to "put smiles on faces" instead of asses in seats
>>
>>1682761
>anti-smark kuck throwing a tantrum

It's OVAH! You've lost.
>>
>>1682818
I like Broken Matt, though. He's an actual character who is actually entertaining.
>>
>>1683071
>Owens & Shinsuke aren't characters

Are you stupid?
>>
>>1683084
What are their gimmicks?
>>
>>1683129
Blue-Collar Prize Fighter with Malicious Streak

Flamboyant, Eccentric Strong Style
>>
>two slob champions

I miss cena and orton as eternal champs
>>
>>1683172
You misspelled
>uh, he was in the indies. You guys like the indies, right?
and
>uh, he's from Japan and prides himself on being a shitty wrestler who doesn't know you're not supposed to hit your opponents for real
These aren't gimmicks.
>>
>>1683193
Shh, it's OK to admit you got BTFO. No tears.
>>
>>1683193
you are a fucking moron.
>>
>>1682650
>What went wrong? WWE.
fixed that for you
>>
>>1682761
Where are all these charasmatic 6'6 amazing workers with perfect comedic timing but still able to be serious in a fued?

You fucking marks clearly think WWE is holding them back in favor of these.
>>
>>1682650

Deanetty needs to drop that title ASAP
>>
>>1683398
Nope, not really. The Miz has more charisma than all these NXT indy darling shitters combined and le smarks hate him because he didn't make a career out of wrestling in bingo halls. Same for Ziggler. But no, those guys are LAME! We want le demon face paint man and le British finger-puller boy! We are awesome! We are awesome! We are awesome! You deserve it!

Cancer. Pure cancer.
>>
File: 1472529597532.gif (1MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1472529597532.gif
1MB, 245x245px
>>1683465
>the miz
>anything but shit
>>
>>1683465
>Miz
>charisma

Explains why he's spent most of his career entering to dead silence.
>>
>>1683474
>>1683471
KEK
>>
>>1683474
I see. So crowd reaction doesn't matter when your indy darlings don't get it, but when someone you don't like doesn't get a reaction, suddenly it's important? And regardless, Miz lives the gimmick, you fucking retard. He lived it back on MTV. Begging you to get a clue.
>>
File: God Damn Right.gif (991KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
God Damn Right.gif
991KB, 245x170px
>>1682672
>>
>>1683504
Can you keep pulling conclusions outta yo' ass so you can get mad about them? It's hilarious.
>>
>>1682672
What audience?

Full sail fags don't speak for the majority.
>>
i like owens desu

not a big fan by any stretch, but owens can talk and wrestle. he's not a larger than life star like rock or austin, but him being champ doesn't hurt the belt at all
>>
>the current Intercontinental and US champions are better
JUST
>>
>>1682704
Jasethy never tried the NFL
>>
File: 123.jpg (122KB, 470x608px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
122KB, 470x608px
>>
>>1683971
>gets "YOU DE-SERVE IT" chants on RAW

TIL RAW broadcasts outta Full Sail

Ambrose didn't work Full Sail TV until after The Shield debuted, you twit.
>>
>>1684004
>TIL
gb2 reddit
>>
>>1684012
TIL predates Reddit being popular by years and years son

18+
>>
>>1682650
WWE decided to focus their appeal on match quality with a high quantity of matches. That meant driving off the casual fans who don't give a shit about "great matches" so long as there's entertaining storylines and characters, and don't really have the patience for a three hour flagship show.

So what's left are the hardcore fans - the smarks and to a lesser extent, the anti-smarks. Rather than admit that they've made a mistake, WWE are just sailing on into irrelevance.
>>
>>1684021
Explains why WWE's ratings took a nosedive in 2001-2003 when they built around silly melodrama while putting on some of the worst matches ever

>implying Owens isn't an entertaining character
>>
>>1684029
>cherrypicked argument
Enjoy your confirmation bias.
>>
>>1684041
The irony here is astounding.

Stay mad, anti-smarkuck.
>>
>>1684049
But I'm not an anti-smark, I'm a TNA fan. I don't watch WWE because it's not entertaining enough to justify the investment of time. I do enjoy the howls of rage from you Stamford Wives, though, so I usually catch reviews just so I understand the context. So, just to be clear, I'm not even close to angry. This whole thing is hilarious.

So returning to the "killer point" you made, only the most deluded, deranged imbecile could deny that WWE's ratings have been falling steadily for years. Do you think it's the hardcore fans who left while the casual audience stayed? I mean, you can form sentences so obviously you aren't stupid enough to believe that. And only the deaf would believe that live audiences at WWE events aren't responding in a smarky way. You didn't even address my point, you just threw out anti-smark bait because you think I'm some moron who sucks Russo dick.

Just add that on to the things you're wrong about.
>>
>>1684004
>TIL
Holy fucking shit, the insufferable smark cancer infesting this board--it all makes sense now. I understand everything.
>>
>>1684105
The cancer ... it has won,
>>
>>1682650
In 2 weeks, Mr.TNA and Kevin Steen will be the top guys in WWE. The world can be strange sometimes.
>>
>>1682650
ME of smackdown in BMJ
ME of raw is REIGNS future us champ

wwe worked the smarks with fake titles
>>
>>1684191
this, I can't wait for KO to defend the belt vs Jericho at Clash of Champions in the midcard while the main event is whatever Ramen and Jasethy are doing.
>>
>>1683504
So uh, when was the last time Rollins, Ambrose or KO didn't pop?
>>
>>1682650
we can only hope 4 baised hillbilly aj
>>
At least Ambrose is tall, he just needs to bulk up a little bit. Owens on the other hand is a fat midget and needs to GTFO.
>>
>>1683129
Owens gimmick is he's Canadian and he's not sorry
>>
>>1684150
>states tripfag

die anytime soon
>>
heels get more cheers than faces is what went wrong. All the smark favourites are heels
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.