[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: WCWstarrcade1997poster.jpg (48KB, 307x448px) Image search: [Google]
WCWstarrcade1997poster.jpg
48KB, 307x448px
>>
>>1672782
Is this real? This can't be real. I mean, Hogan's not colorful on this poster, he's literally dressed in his NWO black and white. Is his clothing his nightmare? The group he established and lead, is that the nightmare? Is the nightmare sting, the also formerly colorful face of a company who turned to black and white? Literally what the fuck is this trying to say?
>>
Sting should've gone over Hogan in no more than 5-7 minutes clean as a whistle. Instead, we got Hogan beating the shit out of Sting for nearly 20 minutes and then seemingly winning the match clean.

Rest of the card was pretty shit, too. Starrcade 96 is infinitely better.
>>
>>1672811
Hogan does not lose clean in 5 mins brother dude jack
>>
>>1672805
>build up sting for a year and a half
>hogan beats the shit out of him
>pins him clean
>for some reason bret is saying "IT AIN'T HAPPENING AGAIN" or something despite it being clean as a whistle
>sting granted unfair rematch
>beats up Hogan who had exerted all his energy in the fair contest beforehand
>wins
>>
>>1672843
oops, meant to reply to OP >>1672782
>>
>>1672805
>this unbridled autism
Colourful can also mean personality, not the literal colours he's wearing.
>>
>>1672782
Nothing
>>
>>1672849
Right, which would also refer to Sting, again, the "colorful face of the WCW" for like a decade beforehand.

Or does "colorful" ONLY refer to Hogan's personality, and "black and white" ONLY refer to Sting's clothing, despite the fact that "black and white" also refers to Hogan's clothing, while "colorful" also describes Sting's personality?
>>
Hogan's ego

if something goes to shit and Hogan's involved it's almost always because of his ego

Except for gawker that was just them being bumfuck retarded and killing themselves
>>
Nick Patrick or whoever was officiating was told to count fast but Hogan told him not to. Match also went on way too long and went past the PPV going off air. Bad booking for one of the best build ups to a match in a very long time.

Atleast they got it right with Goldberg.
>>
File: 655443.jpg (53KB, 534x666px) Image search: [Google]
655443.jpg
53KB, 534x666px
>>1672782
Hulk Hogan paid off Nick Patrick and exposed the fucking business, because as usual he didn't want to do a fucking job, he should have never worked again, and fuck him and his bald ass head.
>>
>>1672894
>Nick Patrick or whoever was officiating was told to count fast but Hogan told him not to
Nah, he was expecting Sting to kick out and get a second wind, THEN the fast count happens.
>>
>>1672782
Sting was out of shape from his year off so Hogan had to carry him to a longer match. The rest of the bullshit was Bischoff trying to stir up controversy and WCW not communicating the actual finish to Nick Patrick.
>>
>>1672782
Hogan should have been a Big guy instead of a colourful guy.
>>
>>1673691
>communicating the actual finish to Nick Patrick.
hogan communicated his finish just fine
>>
>>1672811
I remember watching the match the first time. I cannot express the disappointment. The match itself is absolutely terrible and one of the worst blowoffs, maybe THE worst blowoff, to possibly the hottest feud of all time.

Hogan couldn't do shit in the ring by 97 other throw a punch and drop a leg. He couldn't have been carried by Sting even if he was given the go ahead. Hogan had to keep himself looking strong by beating his shit in and pinning him. It's the best example in wrestling of politics and ego shafting the fans and good business.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.