[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best martial art for fight in the streets ???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: bruce-lee.jpg (10KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
bruce-lee.jpg
10KB, 234x215px
Best martial art for fight in the streets ???
>>
>>1670938

The one where you teleport behind the kid with your katana unsheathed
>>
File: psshhh.gif (1007KB, 273x429px) Image search: [Google]
psshhh.gif
1007KB, 273x429px
>>1670957
this
>>
>>1670957
>>1670957
>>1670957 jajajajajaja, realy
>>
>>1670938
Just get good at wrestling and boxing

Don't fall for the kung fu meme. The more traditionalist a style is, the less likely it is to work, with the exception of judo which has an excellent clinch game and some really good submissions.
>>
>>1670957
That only works if there is nuthin' personnel
>>
>>1670938
\\\+///
>>
>>1671079
That's only because judo is barely traditionalist as far as competition is concerned. Yes kata and bowing are preserved, but the rules of competition and the techniques are constantly evolving. I really wouldn't call judo "traditional" in the way kung fu usually is
>>
>>1670938
The best martial art is the one you practice in a serious, disciplined and constant way. Isn't as much as the school as the teacher and the student.

If you go to a mcdojo to train muay thai, you quite likely won't do any better than some kung fu boy who does sparring with as little rules as possible. And honestly, street fights usually are against guys who doesn't train much, so even a good punch from some meme martial art can finish the fight earlier than expected.

Now, in a scenario where two guys trains daily in a serious place, have similar size, and is a no rules street fight (not this fight club meme from that film), I would put my money on judo or boxing. If you can't ko him with a single strike, then at least throw him into the floor.

Choking and joint locks are overrated because the ufc and stuff, IMO. They're good for competitive fight on the ring, but I would use them as last resource on a street fight.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.