[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age do wrestlers specifically hit their prime? I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: aj-styles-1-1-1024x576.jpg (62KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
aj-styles-1-1-1024x576.jpg
62KB, 1024x576px
At what age do wrestlers specifically hit their prime? I know there's others factors like as in how long they've been performing but just asking in general
>>
>>1666327
30-35
>>
probably 30's
>>
>>1666327
Mid 30s
>>
>>1666327
30-40 are the golden years for most, they've already had at least / close to 10 years of experience under their belts perfecting what they do.
>>
I took a Human Growth class in college, they say the magic number is 35. You peak and then start to slowly decline.
>>
Hogan: 35
Shawn: 31
Bret: 37
HHH: 33
Cena: 31
Taker: 33
Austin: 36
Lesnar: 35
Kurt: 34
Jericho: 37
>>
>>1666380
Half of these are wrong
>>
>>1666380
>Cena: 31
No way. When I think of his best run I see the last few years. Punk (34), Bryan (36), Styles (39). Sure he had great matches during the 2000s but he's been way more consistent recently. You could argue he hit his prime sometime early last year.
>>
>>1666337
>>1666352
This. Normally at this stage a wrestler is an experienced vet with a wealth of knowledge, but hasn't yet hit that stage where their age begins to affect their ring work. I'd go 33-36 with the golden years lasting maybe up until 40.
>>
it varies
>>
>>1666327
It takes about a decade for a guy to get really good, it seems.
>>
>>1666411
Prime in terms of drawing power and workrate you idiot. Cena peaked in 07
>>
>>1666327
Depends on when they started, how long have they been wrestling, what promotions have they been a part of in their development...way too many variables to nail down a "specific" age.
>>
File: aj_styles.jpg (32KB, 460x492px) Image search: [Google]
aj_styles.jpg
32KB, 460x492px
>>1666658
>I know there's others factors like as in how long they've been performing but just asking in general
>>
>>1666327
hoo boy that is one sexy man
>>
In AJ and Joe's case I think it was a case of them being stuck in shitty angles with shitty workers. AJ became the best on the planet last year and cemented that in the G1.

If they both left sooner they'd have top of the card in WWE for years.
>>
>>1666658
Literally autistic
>>
>>1666720
>If they both left sooner they'd have top of the card in WWE for years.
Except no because:

It was highly recommended to HHH years ago that they make a major push for Samoa Joe when his contract was up in TNA. HHH took one look at his picture, laughed, and shot that idea down.

AJ Styles was absolutely lowballed by WWE Twice in his career with developmental contracts that weren't worth the paper they were printed on. It was almost as if they were trying to insult him the 2nd time.
>>
>>1666664
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>1666744
In fairness Joe was fat as fuck 5 years ago. He'll never be in the same shape as his ROH prime but he's looking a lot better than the back half of his TNA run.
>>
File: 04.jpg (24KB, 392x588px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
24KB, 392x588px
>>1666840
>Joe will never look like this again
>>
>>1666380
Hogan was never in his thirties. He was always in his forties in the eighties and nineties
>>
35-45
Only shitters that rely on flippyshit hit their prime young.
>>
>>1666840
He was slimmer than when they hired him 5 years ago.
>>
>>1666327
30-40, there is a reason no ppvs main events featured two 20 year olds until the Shieldettys and the reason WWE is dying
>>
>>1666327
It's changed a lot. Territory guys probably didn't hit their peak until about 40 because they didn't work that fast and didn't take dangerous bumps. The guys picking early to mid thirties are probably right for the modern period.
>>
>>1666946
The Shield are all 30.
>>
File: images.jpg (18KB, 437x337px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 437x337px
>his favorite wrestler wasn't constantly peaked
Lmao
>>
>>1667665
>constantly peaked
He wasn't high all the time after he found Jesus.
>>
>>1666946
Brock vs. Rock I was a 25 year-old vs. a 30 year-old
>>
It is getting lower every era. Used to be mid to late thirties, then early to mid, now late 20s to early 30s.
>>
>>1667675
>wasn't high all the time

pretty sure he was always high before he found Jesus even you catch my drift
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.