[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it /asp/, deep down inside, you want to be a professional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: michaelsvstaker.jpg (119KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
michaelsvstaker.jpg
119KB, 1024x576px
Admit it /asp/, deep down inside, you want to be a professional wrestler. You long for the day where you'll be able to tell a story, go one-on-one with someone that, after months of building up a feud and damn near killing each other, you'll be able to engage in your final showdown. And it will be the best match of your entire career.

You, as a wrestling viewer, want to put in as many elements of ring psychology and skill into your work. The recognition, the athleticism, the storytelling. You want all of it.

And at the end of it all, you want the audience to chant your name. "Thank you anon! *clap clap clapclapclap.*" "Thank you anon! *clap clap clapclapclap.*" And you imagine yourself being moved to tears, thinking "they actually love me."

But that day will never come, so instead you rot, and you post, living vicariously through those who are living the life that you will never have. And it eats away at your very soul, day in, and day out.
>>
Huh?
>>
Nah, I enjoy being able to walk normally and have a working brain
>>
Indeed.
>>
Yes. You are right.
My whole life is a series of failures, disappointments, and missed opportunities. Not a moment goes by where I wonder what could have been if I'd only done X differently. And so here I am. Alone. With no contributions to society or history. No legacy. Nothing. There'll always be people saying 'It's not too kate' but it is. There's nothing I can do now that could ever matter. Nothing I could ever be. Nothing, that is, but a rotting cesspool of broken, dead dreams.
I pray that my fate could be changed, that the failures of my life could be undone, but there is never a reply. Just a void.
>>
File: 1430888408522.jpg (136KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1430888408522.jpg
136KB, 500x555px
>>1625747
>>
Yeah, when I was a teenager.

I don't even watch wrestling anymore. I just come here to shitpost.
>>
>>1625691
This.
>>
>>1625747
>it's no too kate
What did he meme by this

>there's never a reply

Here is one
>>
>25

Even if I wanted to start now, I'd be in NXT by the time I was 40
>>
>>1625691
Also my forehead isn't full of scars for blading
>>
>>1625836
t. any of the tripfags on here
>>
No because it's a terrible fucking lifestyle traveling 300+ days a year.
It's nice to think of how cool it is to make an entrance on Raw, cut a promo, have a great match, but A) What are the chances that you even get to WWE, and what are the chances you get those chances. And B) What about everything in-between that? The non-stop media bullshit, the grueling schedule, the physical pain, and barrage of fans.

Fuck that.
>>
>30

Unless I win Olympic gold, an MMA championship or have a bunch of old wrestlers vouch for me like DDP did, I aint going no where.
>>
>>1625663
I did.
I was.
It doesn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 832x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 832x422px
>>1625747
>t fucking fw
All I ever wanted in my life was to be able to work the marks, in all walks of life. Thats all. Is that so much to ask, goddamit?
>>
I love wrestling, i love the wrestling world, but i have no interest in being a wrestler.
You have to think, what kind of person you are psychologically, to sit there and say, "im going to be a professional sweaty man"
Look, if you make it, more power to you, wrestling has to be a fun business to be in, especially if you are a top guy who makes millions in the wwe, but it has to be something you really really want, there are probably thousands of people wrestling in high school gyms who never make it.
Not to mention if you get injured you are fucked, in america at least were you have to sell your kidneys for proper health care.

Also people put down wrestling but i think wrestling is like one of the purest art forms left, it sounds pretentiouse but the people who love wrestling are from the lower class, the mainstream doesnt care about wrestling, the wrestlers themselves have to be good actors, public speakers, be in shape, have creative gimmicks, learn the moves properly, tell a story in the ring.

Its insane the things you have to be good at to be a good wrestler.
And in the end only fat sweaty guys who go to conventions appreciate you.
>>
>>1628221
Mailed it. People who deride wrestling need to take a closer look. These men break their fucking bodies to make all those elements you mentioned happen at once.
>>
Ok.

If you are <25 years old this is how you can be a professional wrestler in WWE

>get some training in MMA
>Win some fights
>get jacked
>get yourself some social talk

Voila. You are now in the performance center.

if you somehow end in UFC before you are straight up into the main roster.
>>
>>1628264
Someone breaks his back doing what he loves while the other breaks his will to live will doing something he hates.
>>
>>1628281
*while doing something he hates.
>>
File: 198756324.jpg (6KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
198756324.jpg
6KB, 184x274px
>>1628221
>i think wrestling is like one of the purest art forms left, it sounds pretentiouse but the people who love wrestling are from the lower class, the mainstream doesnt care about wrestling
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 600x395px
>>1628321
Gtfo, mark.

His post>>1628221
Was fine. We fucking need more of that instead of
>wat
>huh?
>get worked
>have sex
>fedoras

>inb4 someone green texts me, tells me to have sex
>>
would've been part of piss break matches if I went through with the wrestling idea as a kid desu
>>
>>1628199
All I sever wanted was to entertain people. I just wanted to tell my own stories to the world. There's a part of me, an egotistical part, that wants to be a part of those stories, too. All I've managed is to illicit a few responses on an anonymous image board over the years.
>>
>>1628347
Shut it pinhead
>>
>>1625663

No I don't. Quit projecting.

Being a pro wrestler is about the worst profession, anyone could ever take up. The effort you put in for the reward is miniscule.
>>
>>1628380
>300k+ a year
>fuck a slut every week
>Girls crying about wanting to fuck you
>retiring at 40 and having a nice life after

Not too bad.
>>
>>1628392

Lololol you dummy. This is of course assuming you get signed by wwe.

>Brain damage
>Multiple concussions and broken bones
>Literally 0 time off
>Thinks having sex every week with someone different is a bonus
>Sweaty neckbeards who stop you at the airport for pictures
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 960x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 960x733px
>>1628376
>>
>>1628375
>all I sever wanted

Lay off the hooch anon. Makes you think dark thoughts. Drunkposting is a sad place to be.
>>
>>1628392
>300K a year
While paying for travel 300 nights a year, food on the road, no health insurance
>fuck a slut every week
>Girls crying about wanting to fuck you

Have sex

>retiring at 40 and having a nice life after

Has probably happened to .5% of professional wrestlers and they all have obliterated bodies and all their friends are dead or begging them for money

On top of this, you have to work for the fucking McMahons or Japs
>>
>>1628402
I'd prefer brain damage over 50 years in the office your typical job.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.