[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Ring of Honor worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Ring-of-Honor-logo.jpg (293KB, 1438x815px) Image search: [Google]
Ring-of-Honor-logo.jpg
293KB, 1438x815px
Im gonna watch RoH tonight and I need to know if it's good or not, so is it?
>>
>>1623712
If you're a smark who only cares about work rate, it's good.

If you want characters and storylines, it's awful.
>>
early ring of honer is good because it has a lot of future wwe stars like daniel bryan, cm punk, el genrico, samoa joe, etc.
but then wwe poached all their guys and created next, so now roh is very niche and kind of boring.
>>
>>1623712
If you like top notch In-ring action, it is great.

If you prefer boring 3 move movesets and catchphrase spouting, watch something else.
>>
File: 3.jpg (159KB, 700x609px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
159KB, 700x609px
>If you like top notch In-ring action, it is great.

>If you prefer boring 3 move movesets and catchphrase spouting, watch something else.
>>
>>1623758
>le WWE strawman
Every time.

You can't seriously believe that ROH has the best in-ring action, as it's basically just a NJPW B-show these days.
>>
>>1623764
For real though, is there anyone in the WWE that doesn't have a catchphrase they are contractually obligated to spout in order to sell T-shirts?

>>1623712
It has been a little while since I've watched. But the actual wrestling is what they are known for. They have a partnership with NJPW so you'll get to see a lot of Japanese wrestlers show up which usually makes things more interesting. They are weak on storylines and promos, so if you're more about your bell-to-bell wrestling, you'll love it. Jay Lethal is awesome, Dalton Castle is hilarious, The Briscoes are fun to watch, Alex Shelley, Bobby Fish, and Adam Cole can flat out go. Give it a watch but don't expect a lot of storylines or talking.
>>
>>1623712
Last night's ROH show was pretty decent, tbqh. Not great, but Page vs. Briscoe, the main event, the tag match, and Okada vs. Castle were solid matches.
>>
OP here, is the storytelling and promos awful to the point they are hilarious? I could watch that shit.
>>
>>1623886
For hilariously bad promos, watch Taz's work in ECW. Nothing comes close.
>>
>>1623886
Not at all. What little they have isn't bad at all. It takes an extreme back seat to the wrestling.
>>
>>1623876
this anon gets it ^

kind of wish Lethal retained though, don't give a shit about O'Reilly challenging for the belt tbqh fham
>>
Very boring. Only for smarks who care about "in-ring" fake fighting over entertainment.
>>
You'll definitely get a couple of "Holy Shit" moments per show. If you are only familiar with a WWE product, you'll see moves that would never be allowed in a WWE ring. However, you might not be able to get over the much lower production value.
>>
>>1623941
Retarded anti-smark detected, opinion discarded.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.