[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

terms on /asp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: z5KMfoE.gif (2MB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
z5KMfoE.gif
2MB, 540x230px
hey Im new on this board and dont know any of the terms Ive seen BASED and JUST can someone teach me the /asp/ language XD kek
>>
Neither person in your gif is 'BASED"

When Cesaro said four ropes and botched his line, it was a "JUST" moment
>>
>>1621047
Fuck off, SZ is based
>>
File: image.png (472KB, 856x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
472KB, 856x600px
>>1621042
Please make sure you have sex before coming to this board
>>
>>1621042
kys
>>
>have had sex
>have got height
>has lost weight
>has hit the weights
>has gotten a clue

thats it my man
>>
nigga fuck off back to r3ddit
>>
File: deanisbetterthanLemmy.jpg (25KB, 320x515px) Image search: [Google]
deanisbetterthanLemmy.jpg
25KB, 320x515px
>>1621042
As long as you follow the good word of the based Carter club you stay here will be joy filled
>>
>>1621042
Sure. Here's a few of the most common terms to start you off.

BASED: Literally stuck to the ground. Synonym for a loser. (Related, GOAT, referring to an ugly loser.)
JUST: Term of praise, derived from the surfer slang, "righteous".
KEK: Short expression of extreme hatred. Literally "die". Borrowed from sci-fi internet culture, who in turn took it from an alien language in the long-running series, "Stargate SG-1".
18+: Short reply to top quality post, whether the post is a troll or serious. Goes back to number creep on /10 ratings - for whatever reason, "this is great" went from "17/10" to "18+" and stuck.
>>
>>1621080
18+
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 640x519px
>>1621080
So that means that "KEK" can only be used on /asp/ and not anywhere else on 4chan?
>>
>>1621080
When I grow up I wanna be like Carter
>>
>>1621084
It's used on other boards too, but some of them use it ironically. Best to use with care.
>>
>>1621080
seek sunlight
>>
>>1621042
google or LURK MOAR
>>
>>1621042
Have sex op
>>
>>1621051
>image.png
Begging you to lose some weight and get a job, ya lazy bum.
>>
>>1621080
Just to follow up on this with a few of the other common expressions:

BACK TO [some other website]: An expression of agreement at how well a poster has phrased an important piece of knowledge. Not unlike, "I couldn't have said it better!" Refers to the benighted and ignorant status of the denizens of websites and the tireless efforts of /asp/ to enlighten them.
HAVE SEX/GET A CLUE/LOSE WEIGHT: Basically an internet thumbs-up in the form of a wish for the poster's good fortune. Similar to wishing someone a good day. Sometimes enhanced by expressions such as "Begging you to", so as to make clear the friendliness of the saying.
SEEK SUNLIGHT: An expression of awe at another poster's knowledge, implying that the only way they could be so erudite is by studying day and night.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.