[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most autistic gimmick ever created?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
Just started watching RAW & Nitro from the very first Jan 1997 episodes

What the fuck was this guys problem?
>>
mortal kombat was a thing back then
>>
>>1597793
I'm pretty sure that'd be Eugene.
>>
File: hardyhar.gif (983KB, 440x291px) Image search: [Google]
hardyhar.gif
983KB, 440x291px
>>1597793
>He paid for the network
>>
>>1597844
Its only 9.99
>>
>>1597793
WCW originally wanted RVD for that role. During his brief time with the company under the neame Robby V, he even wore a red gi to the ring. WWE's youtube page has a full match between Robby V vs. Scotty Flamingo (a.k.a. Raven) if you're curious to see for yourself.
>>
>>1597844
It's only $9.99 you broke ass neckbeard... Ah I forgot, mommy and daddy don't let you spend their money without asking for permission first
>>
>>1598000
>This mark gets trips and ad hominem attacks me for him being a stupid fuck while wasting his money on shit at the same time
>>
File: download-41.jpg (6KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
download-41.jpg
6KB, 212x238px
>>1597793
No, this is....
>>
File: mortis.jpg (40KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
mortis.jpg
40KB, 500x481px
Glacier was a great gimmick for the time. However, the implementation was lukewarm. They didn't get the best guy for the role, they started advertising his debut right before the Outsiders turned up and ended up stretching out the teasers for months, and far too much money was thrown at the special effects. On the bright side, it got Kanyon some work.

tl;dr: Mortal Kombat was over, but the way they tapped into it was total LOLWCW territory.
>>
>>1600188
>tl;dr:

>>Reddit
>>
>>1597878
Robby V was long gone from WCW by the time Glacier showed up. The two facts are not linked in any way. Scotty Flamingo went to WWF as Johnny Polo, ECW as Raven and back to WCW as Raven before Glacier showed up.
>>
>>1597826
Old guy here.

It had been a couple of years since the arcade popularity of MK3 when they did this gimmick.

WCW was unfortunately never one to strike while the iron was hot.

Do you know how many years had passed since The Crow had been a big deal before Sting started wearing black and white face-paint? Several.
>>
>>1600582
Sting's Crow gimmick was two years after the movie, same year as the first sequel came out.
>>
>>1598114
Or he's just not a broke faggot like you. :)
>>
>>1597844
>This maymay was only good when the network had little content at the start
>Can't afford $2.50 a week
>>
the irony is that glacier was a legit martial arts expert
>>
File: 1469044292884.jpg (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1469044292884.jpg
9KB, 150x150px
>>1597793
WWF RAW in 1993 was way too weird for me
>Months before Wrestlemania 9
>They selled Giant Gonzalez as a big scary dude with the jobbers
>fucking Tatanka was over as fuck against Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels
>Razor in a main event role
>Jim fucking Duggan was a contender for the IC
>Damien Demento was regularly on the show
>Bret Hart even as a champion wasn't as over as FUCKING TATANKA OF ALL PEOPLE
>Rikishi & his partner were actually good tag teams wrestlers
>They used the return of Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake (who also was over as fuck) just to put Hogan over and turn Jimmy Hart face

The only good thing about this time are the Steiner brothers, and even then, they had to feud with THE FUCKING BEVERLY BROTHERS and Money Inc. (that's better, but they anyway buyed Beverly to be their goons)
>>
>>1600611

I went and looked at their catalog and they put almost every episode of Raw on there finally, last time I checked about 6 months ago, I thought they were still being dicks and not giving up the Raw episodes, they didn't even have half of the content that's on there right now. I still don't think I should give this shitbag company my money, which was my main issue in the first place, not the price, But I'm debating buying a sub just for all that content. I've really been wanting to see all those old episodes of Raw. I had no idea they added so much stuff recently.
>>
>>1600981
> Tatanka more over than Bret in 93
Why lie anon? What do you gain?
>>
>>1601010
But he fucking was, at least in RAW.
First time Bret went out, there was a decent pop and worked his match.
First time Tatanka went out, the whole arena exploded and he was just doing antoher squash match, which reminded me that EVERY FUCKING RAW HAD AT LEAST 2 OR 3 JOBBER MATCHES
>>
>>1600582
>It had been a couple of years since the arcade popularity of MK3 when they did this gimmick

It was almost exactly a year after MK3's arcade release that his vignettes started (April '95/April '96), so the character was likely dreamed up whilst MK was still hot. They just delayed his debut for about six months because the nWo happened and nobody gave a fuck by that point.
>>
>>1601421
>>1600582
Wasn't there a mortal kombat show airing around the same time on TNT? MK Conquest IIRC.
>>
Full circle tbqhwufam
>>
File: 1440791810525.jpg (79KB, 484x668px) Image search: [Google]
1440791810525.jpg
79KB, 484x668px
>>1597793
Eric Bishoff gave the whole story

When Glacier was conceived and planned back in Jan 1995, it was a few months after coming off of the Mortal Kombat movie which was white hot. Add to the Mortal Kombat III game hitting arcades and it was the peak of that games popularity on a mainstream level.

In late 1995 early 1996, MK was in Hollywood, it was on TV, it was in arcades, it was in toy aisles, it was in comic book shops, it was in home consoles.

Eric had kids, the writing was on the wall.
>>
File: 1470696790693.gif (930KB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
1470696790693.gif
930KB, 300x189px
>>1600981
This is why I love Royal Rumble 1994. All the entrances had no entrance music, just pure crowd reaction. And Bret's was HUGE and PURE

Jump to 38:55. Anyone who says Bret was never over is a Hogan faggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBOnt90xMtE
>>
>>1602451
I didn't said Bret wasn't over, because he was, and people cheered him a lot, but compared to what FUCKING TATANKA got in 1993 (maybe Bret got more reactions in 1994, a year after RAW's debut) in the first or second episode he appeared, Tatanka should've been main event material at that point.
>>
>>1597793
it's a product of Eric's autistic mind
>>
>>1600555
Raven came in June of 1997
>>
>>1597844
>He doesn't know how to get unlimited free trials
>>
>>1600981
>Razor in a main event role
Literally nothing wrong with that
>>
>>1605553
>Literally nothing wrong with that
except that neither Hall or Nash was ever world champion material and their ceiling was upper midcard at best.
>>
>>1605553
Oh, let me expand
>Razor in a main event role, never clashed with Bret at any point (on RAW at least) until their match at a PPV and was just used to squash jobbers
>>
>>1605505
I already do that for enough other shit not doing it for the network too, but maybe ill make an exception for summerslam
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.