[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bjj/ - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: b31.jpg (36KB, 528x492px) Image search: [Google]
b31.jpg
36KB, 528x492px
BJJ thread!

>at my third BJJ class (but have also been attending 1-2 hour long clinics 5 days a week a couple hours before actual classes start)
>sparring at the end of class
>paired up with blue belt with 30 lbs of muscle on me
>beats my ass, gets me in a kimura
>does it so fast it dislocates my shoulder
>instructor is a paramedic and pops it back into place
>continue to roll, but this time with other white belts
>instructor's face when I passed someone's guard and got to back mount only using one arm
>>
>>1593505

>bjj thread

blowjob job thread lmfaooo
>>
File: amused.jpg (13KB, 201x260px) Image search: [Google]
amused.jpg
13KB, 201x260px
>>1593509
WoW gud 1!
>>
>>1593517
>SEETHING
>>
File: ryan hall full sequence.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ryan hall full sequence.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>1593505
>>
question for bjjfags

what's the difference between japanese jujitsu and brazilian jujitsu? is one better? or are they basically the same shit?
>>
File: open guard flower sweep.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
open guard flower sweep.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>1593521
>>
>>1593521
fucking gnarly
>>
>>1593522
judo nidan (2nd degree black belt) and HS wrestling coach

BJJ is judo newaza with a lot of depth, JJJ well here state side could run the gambit of a lot of varying things from weapons, to some striking and takedowns similar to judo, honestly ive the opportunity to roll with JJJ people here state side and while they're nice enough the quality of teaching and coaching for the JJJ community is rather low (which is why they came to a judo dojo to practice their judo throws and ground tech)

A majority of JJJ guys can drill really really picture perfect throwing technique and submission technique in a static (non moving target/non moving opponent) situation, but once we start moving or even doing randori (sparring) because the learning culture and environment a lot of JJJ practioneers have awful timing and reflexes and their picture perfect techniques are quite often botched or unable to be performed.

You could same the same with BJJ players in the stand up phase, but in the ground and even scrambling (the fast exchange of launching offensive and defensive sets) the quality of teaching and coaching in BJJ has more then often not created athletes who are able to defend and use their offensive sets effectively given any level of resistance
>>
>>1593522
Japanese jujutsu is not one singular martial art. There are hundreds of schools of Japanese jujutsu (also sometimes called yawara or taijutsu) some dating back to the warring states period. Jujutsu schools generally include techniques for throws, sweeps, joint locks and strangle holds. These schools sometimes may have also included techniques for punching, kicking, stabbing with short swords or knives and ground grappling. In 1882, jigoro kano (a student of multiple schools of jujutsu) compromised his own system, added philosophical elements, and created a sport which he called judo. Sometime later a student of judo goes to Brazil as an ambasador and in his part time teaches judo to the Gracie and maeada families. However, despite jigoro kanos wishes, the popular nomenclature for grappling in Japan at the time was still jujutsu and often was refered to as kano jujutsu rather than judo. For this reason, when the Gracie family went on to create their own system it was called brazilian jiujitsu.

As far as effectiveness is concerned, judo and bjj will almost always be good shit because the sport surrounding them requires constant sparring aND pressure testing to both show progress as a fighter and to learn what is and is not effective technique. Judo will typically focus on stand up grappling with some ground grappling. Bjj will typically do the opposite. Japanese jujutsu can be hit or miss depending on the school, but I personally have never seen a school that actually spars and I wpuld avoid it for that reason alone. I do know there are some schools though that have these tournaments that are kind of like a cross between judo and sport karate tournaments which is pretty cool I guess.
>>
>>1593505
bjj blue belt here;

When you roll don't think of blue or purple belts as having a vast amount of knowledge of techniques or skill over you

When I roll with white beltsI realize its such a little bit of skill that allows me to dominate them and such a little bit more skill than I have for a purple to dominate me. It's not huge jumps of skill which is what I thought when i started. Something pretty eye opening I realized within the last few months. really is a game of inches
>>
>>1593560
Real oldschool Japanese jujutsu, as opposed to western systems that use the term, are pretty damn rare outside of Japan. Only a few maintain really high quality stuff, either through cross training in judo or there own internal pressure testing.
>>
Dope rashguard manufacturers? They need to not be too ridiculous or douchey, I like science stuff.Things like this are up my alley.
>>
>>1593505
If this is true (I highly doubt it) you should see a real medic about that shoulder, just in case. Popping it back into place is not always a good idea.
>>
File: bsaget2-sm.jpg (20KB, 230x316px) Image search: [Google]
bsaget2-sm.jpg
20KB, 230x316px
>tfw coach gives his 7 year old son a brown belt
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.