[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DH Riders!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Carolina-DownHill-MyBike3.jpg (122KB, 911x911px) Image search: [Google]
Carolina-DownHill-MyBike3.jpg
122KB, 911x911px
Hi, this weekend I'll have my first DH race, and im nervious... Any sugest?

Spanish is my natal language.
>>
take a shower
>>
>>1586660
I need one rigth now..
>>
Helmet - check
Gloves -check
Pants - check

Balls?
>>
>>1586661
Hit the weights
>>
File: jeff_body_armor2.jpg (105KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
jeff_body_armor2.jpg
105KB, 570x380px
>>1586666
>6
I'll go somethig like that:
>image

I had some faults last week and my balls goes in
>>
get a clue
>>
>>1586676
Well you are doing it kinda right, I former MTB and trail rode on dirt bikes, let your front end do the work, don't force it. A bike is like a table saw its a tool let the tool do the heavy lifting.

Also be in the right gear ratio DH MTB is all about speed, you always want to transfer wheel rotation if/when you pedal,if there are uphill sections make sure you have run the track to know when to shift.

Suspension setup, tjis maybe a crucial thing depending on the surface, rocky and bumpy, or a BMX like DH? Makes a diff...

Source - much bicycle, many motorcycle
>>
>>1586708
I start on XC (5 years ago) then a little bit of Enduro mtb, about 3 months I jumt on DH.
I can do grate things on the track, but when jums start to appear, I start to fall (2 times in one weekend.. two big crashes for me). That gave me some distrust, and now I have all the protections (That make me fell more secure).
>>
>>1586735
Here's the deal with jumping, you got to start small, if you go right into doubles, sure you may make it a few times, but if you don't know what you are doing and why you are making those jumps you will eventually fail and fail hard.

Not sure where you are riding but DH jumps are often times table tops down or up and o my sometimes true doubles. for a TT to tranny down load your rear before going off and keep your bars level the tranny will take care of the rest. Step ups let the bike go up but don't flip backwards you'll want to keep you head looking to where you want to go. Doubles require some lifting and pushing on the handlebars as you go through the double, try to land on the tranny and not flat or not wheelie-ing. Basically watch some outdoor MC , but note that dirt bikers use the throttle to maintain their stance In the air DH it's all your body positioning off the jump
>>
>>1586769
I'll try that. And jump slowly or take the optional. I was doing grate, but I fall when I took the jump to dam fast... My spd goes off and go into roks, then, floor! :D.
I'll study the track and do my best!. thanks man
>>
>>1586886
Yeah good luck Spanish speaking friend! But remember to trust your instincts "checking up" or second guessing your self has been the cause of many a wreck.
>>
>>1586889
Thanks english friend! =D.

I found an old video of the trak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFk_B1R1eOE

On 0:24 was my first kiss to the floor, and on 0:55 is the jump that I fall and crash as hell. (On the video is super small, now we put a pallet (wood) and make it more bigger)
>>
>>1586900
I'll say this much that looks fun as fuck!

If you know where you are going to be racing trail knowledge is everything. You should know the track as well as you can if you expect good times. Such as knowing when to ride the berm vs oversteering.

Also for those types of conditions I'd make sure to have at least elbow guard and a full face, but I've ridden stuff like that in XC gear, you shouldn't though.
>>
>>1586927
No man, I'll use full body armor, full face, and other protections for my legs. Is fully of rocks!!.
And it's fun, really fun! (Except when I fall)
>>
>>1586650
Is that Bret Hart?
>>
>>1587003
wtf no
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.