[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: CpWhXc8UMAAnX_Y.jpg (88KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
CpWhXc8UMAAnX_Y.jpg
88KB, 1200x776px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/09/espns-todd-grisham-apologizes-for-saying-ichiro-hasnt-learned-english/
>>
>apologizing to SJWs
>>
>>1581778
Why does he have to apologize for that?
That's just an observation. It's pretty shit that he came to a country and didn't bother to properly acclimate himself at all after 15 years.
>>
>>1581783
He didn't apologize because he was right, he apologized because like you he didn't bother to do the minimum googling necessary to find out that ichiro speaks it fluently down to even swears.
>>
>>1581783
Ichiro speaks English pretty well, he's just more comfortable with a translator
>>
>>1581800
See that's grounds for apology.
Based Ichiro, whoever the fuck he is. Fuck Grisham. He was terrible on Byte This.
>>
Todd-kun is now public enemy number one in japan because of this. lel
>>
>>1581778
O shit i forgot about this lil nigga
>>
>>1581800
>ichiro speaks it fluently down to even swears.
Then why does he use a translator? Bullshit. Todd was right.
>>
>>1581868
Because he feels more comfortable with a translator. Probably because no matter how much English he learns he'll always have an accent making shit hard to understand.
>>
poor Todd, he may be fired from ESPN.
i hope WWE hires him again as a mean interviewer to Nakamura & Asuka.
>>
>>1581778
I was thinking the same thing when I saw Ichiro on tv using a translator
>>
There was a time where you could look a foreigner in the eye and say "ENGLISH!!!" and it was ok, funny perhaps.

What do you think would happen now?
>>
File: ichiroejection.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ichiroejection.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>Veteran first baseman Carlos Pena remembered one of his frequent encounters with Ichiro. He was defending first for the Tampa Bay Rays, and Ichiro had just arrived on one of his patented infield hits. Ichiro peered over at Pena and asked, "Que coño tu mira?," or, "What the hell are you looking at?" Pena clamped his lips together to prevent the laughter from bursting through.
>>
>>1584352
What the hell is happening in that webm? That was a ball, right? And the ump made the wrong call? But he ejected Ichiro for what exactly?
>>
>>1584838
Ichiro was arguing balls and strikes. Pantomiming the strike zone with his bat. For most umps that's an instant eject since they're huge pussies.
>>
>>1584838
You can't argue balls and strikes, but batters do it all the time and umps usually let it slide. The ump probably felt Ichiro crossed the line and was showing him up by rubbing his bat in the dirt, that must have ticked him off.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.