[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Austin never cut a promo as good as this one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: wcw.png (722KB, 633x436px) Image search: [Google]
wcw.png
722KB, 633x436px
Austin never cut a promo as good as this one
>>
No he didn't, but that promo is arguably the best ever

That was by far Hogan's best promo, no eat your vitamins or say your prayers and no "bruddah, bruh!" pretending to be black shit like he tried alot as Hollywood Hogan. He got straight to the point and even though it was a work, I think he fully believed everything he said in that promo which is why it was that much better
>>
Austin's a SJW faggot at heart. He doesn't have the balls to be a great heel like Hogan.
>>
>>1579886
Link?
>>
>>1579924
18+
>>
>>1579924

No shit wrestling is the shits in 2016. The smarks bending WWE over and forcing manlets up their ass have never seen the NWO debut promo.
>>
>>1579960
BUT LE PIPEBOMB
>>
>>1579967

No shit wrestling is the shits in 2016. The smarks bending WWE over and forcing manlets up their ass call a skinny turd crouching over on the floor looking like a bullied chimp the promo of the century.
>>
File: 1470575517917.jpg (101KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470575517917.jpg
101KB, 1366x768px
Nobody gives a fuck about this promo they only care about the NWO itself.

Everyone remembers 3:16 tho with Austin.

Basically have sex and +18
>>
>>1579974
Except this promo actually led to you know....things actually happening

The 3:16 promo led to him being in dark matches with Savio Vega & Yokozuna, exactly where he was before. He didn't get over until the Bret feud
>>
>>1579977
Still everyone knows it but when asked about the NWO promo they are like

>Well Hogan came out and...he turns heel...and...yeeee
>>
>>1579977
That's because they led the charge with a main eventer who was forming a stable.

Austin was just...Austin. He kicked people's asses and was unapologetic about it. You don't really build something from that until you put him against a guy who won't stand for it.
>>
>>1579977
hi bret cuck
>>
>>1579980
Even if that's true (which is isn't, the "YOU CAN CALL THIS THE NEW WORLD ORDER OF WRESTLING BROTHER!" soundbite is iconic), it still doesn't refute OP's point of it not being as good of a promo

>>1579981
Yes but it didn't do much for Austin's career. There wasn't "Austin 3:16 signs everywhere the next night" like WWE tells everyone, he was a mid carder and stayed a mid carder until he called out Bret. The audience didn't take notice and crown him as a star until much later
>>
>>1579977
The 3:16 promo itself is more popular than the whole NWO and the 1000x of its variations you fucking cretin hogan fanboy faggo
>>
File: bretcuck.jpg (123KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
bretcuck.jpg
123KB, 700x700px
>>1579983
>implying

Facts are facts and you can check this yourself by looking at the PPVs before the first Bret match. He was in a dark match vs Yokozuna at Summerslam, and the PPV before Survivor Series 96 he was the first match on the card vs HHH
>>
>>1579898
topkek
>>
>>1579989
>taste the ocean
>>
>>1579989
>Austin marks getting this angry

Why are you guys so insecure? Austin praises Bret all the time, in fact he just did in the Ambrose podcast. Bret got him over much more than the 3:16 promo.
>>
>>1579990
>>1579996
>Match order means popularity

Guess The Undertaker and Kane are less probably than Roman Reigns and Dean ambrose then!
>>
>>1579999
What are you on about? He was in a dark match vs Yokozuna at Summerslam, two months after the 3:16 promo. Not even on the main card
>>
>>1580000
Weren't we talking about promos instead of fucking match orders?
>>
>>1580005
Yes we were which goes back to the original point of
>>1579977
>>
>>1579999

Generally, yes.

Austin wasn't popular after the 3:16 promo. He was still an out and out heel who had just poured a bottle of Jack down the throat of recovering alcoholic Jake and the fans hated him. He also didn't move the dial until Bret wanted him as someone he could work with.

The promo kicking off Austinmania is WWE dvd revisionism.
>>
>>1579977
>>1580014

But this is the fault of the bookers.

They didnt do jack shit with Austin while WCW put the NWO instantly on the top Because muh stars.

If we go by quality of promos alone then really i dont think someone can say that 3:16 was worse than Hogan turning heel.
>>
>>1580025

You have a disordered mind with a wrestling IQ that would be considered average for a Somalian.

Stop posting and give your mom a call.
>>
>>1580025
>If we go by quality of promos alone then really i dont think someone can say that 3:16 was worse than Hogan turning heel.

I disagree because of my original post
>>1579895

All of the usual Hogan criticisms you can say (Rambling, vitamins, etc) don't apply here. He was focused the whole time, stuck to the topic, and sounded motivated for the first time in about six years. Read some reports of the event back then, smarks were shocked that Hogan still had a promo of that caliber in him

Nobody said 3:16 was shit, I just think this promo was better
>>
Friendly reminder that NWO brought WCW only a short-termed success and lead to their deaath and they would have been better without it.
>>
>>1580032
So basically it was good because people thought Hogan was shit on the mic?

Good to know
>>
>>1580034
If by short term success you mean 2-3 years than yeah I guess

The failure to give the nWo angle a payoff was what killed it, not the angle itself. Wolfpac merch was selling like hotcakes and this was all the way into late 1998
>>
>>1580036
>So basically it was good because people thought Hogan was shit on the mic?

At that point? Yes, people were tired of hearing the same promo. Sid got cheered over him in the 1992 Rumble, and that was four years before. Nobody thought he had a promo like that in him anymore

No say your prayers, no not making sense, no muh America, just a great fucking promo
>>
>As far as I’m concerned, all this crap in this ring represents these fans out here. For two years brother! For two years, I held my head high. I did everything for the charities. I did everything for the kids. And the reception I got when came out here, you fans can stick it brother. Because if it wasn’t for Hulk Hogan, you people wouldn’t be here. If it wasn’t for Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff would still be selling meat from a truck in Minneapolis. And if it wasn’t for Hulk Hogan, all of these “Johnny come latelys” that you see out here wrestling wouldn’t be here. I was selling the world out brother while they were bumming gas to put in their car to get to high school. So the way it is now brother, with Hulk Hogan and the New World Organization of wrestling brother, me and the new blood by my side. Whatcha gonna do when the New World Order runs wild on you? Whatcha gonna do?

Imagine Cena turning heel and cutting a promo like this
>>
>>1580039
The weird thing about Nitro's sustained success is that it starts at a nonsensical moment. Their streak against RAW began after the invasion angle, but the week before the Outsiders turned up Nitro reversed a six-week losing streak.

And they did it with NOTHING. The main event that night is Arn Anderson getting flattened by Giant.

The only explanation that really makes sense of this is Sullivan's story that the company got hot as a result of a long period of hard work. nWo was a great angle, but it became far more important in the minds at the top of WCW than it really was.
>>
>>1580087
http://www.prowrestling.com/almanac/wwe_vs_wcw_ratings/

WCW and WWF were trading ratings back and forth before that angle. Nitro even had a winning streak from 2/26-3/25, then lost the next week by a point.

I don't buy the "nWo killed WCW" because even when most people say that it was beyond stale (post finger poke) it was still pulling high ratings. The angle not having a payoff is what killed it, remember when the Harris Twins and Jeff Jarrett ran around calling themselves the nWo? It was a parody at that point, and it just disappeared not long after
>>
The NWO should have ended with Sting beating Hogan clean at Starrcade
>>
>>1580044
He would do it with a straight face and a lot of passion. Easily pull it off
>>
>>1579974
Kys any day fag
>>
>THE NEW WORLD ORGANIZATION OF WRESTLING
>>
His body movements during that promo was better than the speech itself
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKRe9PAGfCw
>>
>>1584072
10/10
>>
>>1584072
and WWF gave him the ringmaster gimmick and a manager to do his talking for him
>>
>>1580119
For a time. It should have ended for a time and came back a year later at Bash at the Beach.
>>
That was the last Hulk Hogan promo, and Austin 3:16 was either the first or one of the first Stone Cold promos.

It was the last Hulk Hogan promo because he got abducted by the real NWO for infringement and they brought in a fake Hogan. It's unfortunate that people have held Hulk Hogan (now missing) responsible for everything Hollywood has done.
>>
>>1579974
>not remembering you can take your prayers and vitamins and shove them brother
>>
>>1580138
Lel

Except nobody would give a fuck
>>
File: Hogan_Austin-bell.jpg (35KB, 670x409px) Image search: [Google]
Hogan_Austin-bell.jpg
35KB, 670x409px
why do Austin and Hogan fans need to fight each other. Lets make peace brothers
>>
>>1585427
Hogan fans are just old and deluded

Austin fans are insecure marks who can't take a joke directed at their favorite wife beating tough guy
>>
That actually wasn't that great of a promo.

However, it was one of the biggest wrestling moments in history due to the turn. So, whatever Hogan says doesn't really matter because the turn overshadows it.
>>
>>1585493
Shut the fuck up asswipe.
>>
>>1579898
>>1579898
Austin has legitimately beat his wife on more than 1 occasion.
He is as far from SJW as you can get.
>>
>>1584072
It's crazy to think that in a year he was completely bald with a goatee and wearing a leather vest
>>
>>1579886
That's why he is the GOAT
>>
>>1579977
Are you literally trying to say the 3:16 promo was bad because the bookers didn't follow up on it properly for months afterwards?
Are you actually this retarded?
You think because the bookers dropped the ball and didn't follow up on the promo in an appropriately timely manner, therefore the promo itself must have been bad?
Jesus how do you function in everyday life with such diminished brain capacity?
How much a fucking mark are you?
Do you know ANYTHING about how pro wrestling works?
>>
Austin 316 promo is the most famous promo ever
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.