[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has Martial Arts gone to shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: axekick.jpg (105KB, 1121x1024px) Image search: [Google]
axekick.jpg
105KB, 1121x1024px
Kickboxing is virtually dead, Thai-Boxing is on it's last leg, Klitschko is scheduled to fight Tyson Nobody after a one-year wait, Mayweather is gone, and only Mexicans take Boxing seriously still.

What happened? The willingness for people to step into the ring and heartily fight one another seems to have gone.

Has the modern comfort/money made people soft? I think that's the reason.

P.S.: I know there is UFC, but I don't follow it and I don't care, since it's a different sport.
>>
>>1576215
Go watch some wwe, its pretty good
>>
>>1576275
Okay, I've had enough with you fuckers. Stop trying to parade your pseudo-sport like its good entertainment. It's hillbilly sports for hillbillies.
>>
File: japanesecartoons.png (163KB, 574x360px) Image search: [Google]
japanesecartoons.png
163KB, 574x360px
>>1576390
>complaining about wrestling on 4chans wrestling board
>>
>>1576393
No wonder /sp/ didn't like you
>>
>>1576275
It has not goal to accomplish. There is no competitiveness. Its just senseless (and terrible) fighting. WWE is no different than Jack-Ass
>>
>>1576215
>why has martial arts gone to shit guys
>I mean, there's this huge booming mma industry but that doesn't count
>>
>>1576215
To stay on topic I'll post some K1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y1zcBfnalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wmyTWoAh9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SIfBf4yMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfljkWfrq2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPk_sT1nyRs
>>
>>1576462
Like I said, it's not into wrestling, it's a different sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxOsSIFkHjE
>>
>>1576215
>P.S.: I know there is UFC, but I don't follow it and I don't care, since it's a different sport.
UFC is why martial arts is dying. UFC is better. It's all of the martial arts, and then the kids from the orgy.
>>
>>1576518
>It's all of the martial arts

It's basically just BJJ with a little bit of striking.
>>
>>1577498
You are a retard.
>>
>>1577498
>>1577516

>literally doesn't even watch mixed martial arts
>says something fucking dumb about mixed martial arts

Are you really surprised?
>>
>>1576215
Fucking millennials ruined everything
>>
>>1576518
>>1577498
>>1577516
>>1577531
Look, I don't care about UFC. It's not a UFC thread.

Go make an UFC thread and discuss it there.
>>
Because most martial arts were bullshit and ufc proved it. The only martial arts left are the non-bullshit ones like bjj, judo or ameridote.

It's all about results now, not that 'touch of death' nonsense.
>>
>>1578732
>Because most martial arts were bullshit and ufc proved it.

How did UFC "prove it"? It's just popular with Americlaps. Nobody here in Europe cares about it.
>>
>>1578351
>this isn't a martial arts thread stop talking about martial arts
>>
I'll throw in my 2 cents. Kickboxing is not dead, but in a vegetative state waiting resuscitation. There are no spectacular fighters like back in the day. You yourself posted a picture of Andy Hug. Watching him axe kick those fuckers to death was so awesome. Here, in Romania, people still watch and go to matches (Local Kombat and Superkombat galas).
>>
>>1579863
im from europe and i follow it pretty closely

its also not just bjj or wresling or whatever the fuck youre accusing it is. there are plenty of stand-up only matches in UFC

now by martial arts in your book im assuming youre talking about striking arts and promotions? ill explain it easily
boxings decilne has 2 reasons.
no.1 there is not a dominating american/western heavyweight champ. like it or not, the klitchkos are not marketable to an american audience and america and the western world are where the profits are.
no.2 there is a dominating western champ whose style is boring, mayweather held up interest in america by being undefeated but his style is too boring to the average viewer to be entertained.

k-1. k1 was specifically owned by FEG in japan. FEG went bankrupt and the kickboxing scene collapsed. showtime and glory took up the mantle of the premier kickboxing orgs but they are based in the netherlands and need exposure and money to get to the level of k1

muay thai- was never popular as its own competitive sport outside of thailand, you may see some matches here and there but these fighters are barely paying their bills. most of them migrate to kickboxing.
>>
>>1576433

>Sports ENTERTAINMENT
>Does GoT, Breaking Bad have a goal? No, it is there to ENTERTAIN the people watching it.
>>
>>1577498

>Wonder why they use BJJ, if it isn't the superior Martial Art?
>Anyone forced them to? Or do you like fights with only punches and kicks.
>>
>>1580449
>>Sports ENTERTAINMENT
GOT, breaking bad are not sports. they are scripted entertainment. by that extension neither is pro wrestling
>>
>>1576393
It's not wrestling though.
>>
>>1580234
>there are plenty of stand-up only matches in UFC
Too fucking many because they want to cater to retards like OP.
>>
>>1576215
Mma. Nobody can claim being the "thoughest man alive" and doing anything else than mma. Mma draws most of the best fighters nowdays. Add to this that other fighting sport didn't think themselves anew when mma was in trouble both in Japan and Usa.
Muay thai kept being racist as fuck not recognizing other similar sport like muay boran. Kick boxing was only if you were not doing muay-thai. Wrestling was too corrupt. Judo federation went picky about ground work and actual wreslting before doing a 180° way too late.
Now mma rules and for a long time. Exept boxing, most of the oly fighters have only one way to go pro now: MMA.
>>
>>1580455
>>1577516
think about it, the gracies invented BJJ and they also started UFC

what better way to shill their martial art than to make it the standard for a multi million dollar corporation/spectator sport?
>>
>>1581332
>Nobody can claim being the "thoughest man alive" and doing anything else than mma

jesus fuck, you don't even train
>>
>>1576215
Glory wont pay their fighters enough so they're jumping ship to boxing/mma.
Gambling has ruined Muay Thai, even Samrat thinks so
Boxing is too deep in the "only poor people do this" mentality to be saved and the big 4 organisations are all corrupt as fuck
MMA is winning, its facilitated middle class people to train and eventually fight without the damage you see in all striking sports. worried about CTE? just do BJJ and Wrestling, and still go to college!
Honestly I think its just a transition period before china starts throwing money into the fight game and it picks back up. We can already see it beginning with Kunlun fight
>>
>>1581332
>Muay thai kept being racist as fuck
>other similar sport like muay boran
>racist
>muay boran
they're both thai you mong
>>
File: F5SKNTp.jpg (191KB, 620x765px) Image search: [Google]
F5SKNTp.jpg
191KB, 620x765px
>>1580234
Best post by far.

OP you can't respect martial arts and ignore MMA in today's world. Wrestling, bjj, and judo are just as relevant as boxing and muay Thai.
>>
Here in the Netherlands everyone and their mom does kick boxing and judo.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.