[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will WWE and professional wrestling ever be cool and popular again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Wrestling_ring.3.jpg (123KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
Wrestling_ring.3.jpg
123KB, 1284x722px
Will WWE and professional wrestling ever be cool and popular again?
>>
Short answer, no.
>>
>>1572970
Why?
>>
>>1572966
No. McGregor is saying what everybody thinks about WWE, whether he believes it himself or not.
>>
>>1572975
Think about the most normal normalfags you know. Imagine them watching RAW, SmackDown, or even a PPV. Imagine their reactions to all of the segments. That's why. And no, they can't be undone, it's too ingrained.
>>
>>1572987
It can be changed, though.
>>
It's possible, but no.
>>
>>1572987
Im a massive normalfag and I find just about everything related to WWE extremely cringeworthy.
>>
>>1573060
What about the Attitude Era and the Ruthless Aggression Era?
>>
>>1573066
I don't know what those things are.
>>
>>1573067
Aprox 1998 - 2002 WWE. 2003 too if you include only smackdown. That's when it was supposedly at its best.
>>
>>1573075
1997>2002
>>
>>1572975
The product isn't entertaining enough to justify bearing the "wresting is fake and you're an inbred redneck idiot for watching" stigma for most people.

The product itself is content on mimicking current events and following trends than it is on making its own.

They have to rely on past stars and a range of celebrities looking for a quick buck or some publicity instead of creating and building new icons.
>>
>>1573075
Nope, its all embarrassing from my perspective, just actors pretending to be tough. Honestly, if you people like it that's fine but I don't know anyone close to me who watches it, and the stereotype is that if you watch it you are an idiot.
Not saying that is true but that I think is the general opinion, and it's enough to make me cringe if someone says they like it. It's the same with people watching shitty soap operas.
>>
>>1572966
Doubt it, Joey Ryan and Matt Hardy get more pop culture attention than WWE these days
>>
>>1573084
What brings you to this board/thread if I may ask?
>>
Hopefully some day, but not right now.
>>
I think that if Lucha Underground was aired in a fairly big network it could because of the shocking factor of the insane moves the wrestlers do, but right now not
>>
>>1573204
What about the storylines and characters?
>>
>>1572966
WWE? No, not ever. The McMahons see wrestling as something embarrassing and laughable, so they can't help but present their product that way.

Professional wrestling will be popular again ten to twenty years after WWE collapses. It'll be hard times for the small feds for a few years after the big tree falls, and really hard times for the boys, but that's what needs to happen for the industry to regenerate.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.