[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Olympic JUDO thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: Judo,_Rio_2016.png (54KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Judo,_Rio_2016.png
54KB, 350x350px
Olympic JUDO thread.
>>
Good thread.
>>
Anyone know where I can watch the stream outside of america?
>>
>>1568517
Get a VPN and go to BBC. They have Neil commenting.
the -stans really swept the entire 60kg division. Japan, SK, Brazil all lost

The Asians did better in the women's divisions
>>
>>1568604
Kondo vs Galbadrahk was a fun fight. Loved that Ura Nage and the O Guruma was an unlucky miss.

Not much ne waza so far, though Urozboev's juji was pretty damn brutal.
>>
>>1568629
I saw that, Galba got the upper hand but then she dun goof'd and got pinned.
>>
>>1568653
Yeah, I understand why she let up with her attack, but going full defense with nearly a minute on the clock is always a bad idea.
>>
wish I could watch it but the website keeps refreshing every 5 seconds so the stream wont load
>>
http://taima.tv/r/morningwoood
Streaming judo now.
>>
>>1568866

Great stream, been using this one.
>>
Brazil BTFO, BJJ fags on suicide watch.

Another great ura-nage by Galbadrakh, how can one small judoka be so based?
>>
GO KONDO, hammer that fucking argentinian shitfuck.
>>
>>1568898
shit
>>
>>1568898
I guess not
>"Japanese" judo
She'll get another chance in 2020, just don't crash like the Brazilians
>>
>>1568904
Ref should have allowed her more time on the floor, she was still progressive when matte was called a couple of times.

However, it was a good waza ari.
>>
Russia beats Georgia with the power of performance enhancing drugs.
>>
>>1568911
Yeah that ref was really stingy with ground time.
>>
>>1568918
It's a shame, not just because I wanted Kondo to win, but because I want to see a good 50/50 split in tachi and ne waza
>>
>>1568921
Honestly it's so ref dependent. Kondo vs Galba would have been stopped before she got the pin according to that ref
>>
>>1568931
Definitely, it's depriving judoka of valid ways of winning their fights.

Kondo vs Munkhbat for bronze now, this should have been the final.
>>
Kondo is so cute, please don't make her cry again
>>
>>1568938
I like the tomboy hair
>>
I'd just like to mention, leg grabbing will be back after this week
so that should be exciting
>>
>>1568952
Yep, though it seems the rule will be you can go straight for the legs as long as the first movement is taking the leg up.

Strong rumours though, nothing concrete yet.

>Source

Keith Merrick, 7th Dan, level 4 BJA coach
>>
>>1568952
Don't be lying to me anon
>>
>>1568952
I've heard it mentioned various places, is it happening officially? I hope it's true

Congratulations to Ami Kondo!
>>
Time for Galbadrakh to ura-nage some fuckers.
>>
>>1568961
usjf president frequents my club, we got the info months ago. After the olympics the rules are changing back

thats all anybody is talking about this week, excited about being able to play for reals again
>>
>>1568965
We were told by BJA officials that leg grabs are coming back but with the ruleset mentioned in >>1568957
>>
>>1568964
BOOM
>>
>>1568974
I fucking love that smol but swol kazakh.
>>
>>1568957
Taking the leg up meaning ankle picks? What kind of stuff are not allowed?

Is it going to be shido or DQ if you fuck up?
>>
>>1568983
Pick up for literal pick up throws, grabbing the leg and tripping or blocking over the hand would be illegal, that leg needs vertical movement off the floor.

No idea if it'll be shido or hane soku maki yet, I think the latter would be insanely harsh if leg grabs are made legal.

The idea is to bring some more excitement into to the heavier weight categories where unless your name is riner, most matches end with people getting thrown with shitty ashi-waza.
>>
Fucking hell, anyone other than Argentina.
>>
Let's do it Takato!
>>
Oh, wow. We actually won a gold medal on this.
>>
>>1569004
I guess she deserved it. Jeong was barely in that fight.
>>
Did not expect Papinashvilli to not only lose out on a chance at gold, but also lose the bronze.
>>
>>1569002
Okay result for the Japanese today but I get the feeling Inoue won't be breaking out the sake unless you win the gold
>>
>>1569091
Ono is the best chance for male Japanese gold, Baker is too inconsistent, Ebinuma is the same.

Matsumoto for the women.
>>
>>1569052
I didn't expect any of these matchups. South Korea and Japan meeting at repechage?

>>1568993
That would be dumb, it's so risky nobody would want to use it if you can get DQ
>>
>>1569106
>South Korea and Japan meeting at repechage?
Yep, some big upsets today!

>That would be dumb, it's so risky nobody would want to use it if you can get DQ
Yeah, that's why I think it will be shido, or maybe just no score and a matte.
>>
>>1569109
Also kinda crazy to think that both bold medalists are 30
>>
>>1569119
Just goes to show that judo is a sport you can compete in and be successful no matter the age.
>>
>>1569124
The young guys and gals got nervous I think, the older generation is calmer and that matters a lot in judo

That probably goes double for Kitadai and Menezes, they looked on edge the entire time
>>
>>1569134
>That probably goes double for Kitadai and Menezes, they looked on edge the entire time

For sure, neither of them ever settled in their matches, though there's politics behind that too, the team needs to win more medals than 2012 to keep funding.
>>
Same time tomorrow lads? -66 and -52's.
>>
>>1569142
Oh shit, that is horrible. If you as an official wants your athletes to win medals that's the last thing you should tell them.

RIP Brazilian judo
>>
>>1569149
Horrible and unfortunately common, the BJA lost funding after 2012 because GB only medalled twice.
>>
>>1569156
It's probably in the clause for most programs, unless your de facto tsar got a hard-on for the sport like Putin
>>
>doesn't put his hand on his chest

typical churka
>>
J U D O
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.