[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bret Hart on Forbes Interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: bretmania26.jpg (40KB, 499x369px) Image search: [Google]
bretmania26.jpg
40KB, 499x369px
> "If you watch wrestling like I do, you watch for the wrestling. There's so much talking. There's some 'twit' back there with a pencil behind his ear writing down all these things for wrestlers to say." Bret continued with his displeasure, "It all starts to sound the same" and "I switch channels as soon as I hear someone going into a big monologue."

Not sure if bret is watching the same show as me, for me the issue is too much pointless wrestling.
>>
The opening segment for RAW last week proves him right, if Jericho wasn't there that would have been considered the worst segment of the year. Almost half an hour of shit before they got to a match
>>
>>1567752
It was better than any of the 1000 stephanie/hhh opening segments weve had even without jericho
>>
The fact is that no worthwhile wrestling really happens in WWE outside PPVs. Raw and Smackdown are solely about backstories to the PPV matches, interspersed with meaningless or predictable exhibition matches where everything is basically the same on either side of the bells. The only TV matches that are consistently interesting are #1 contenders matches the first show after a PPV, because they actually effect the future.
>>
Bret wants unscripted promos back, he's trying to save wrestling
>>
Bret is right, as usual. Fire the writers and let wrestlers do their promos from the heart.
>>
I have skipped the first hour for the past 15 years because the show usually starts off with some guy in the ring rambling on about shit and then another guy comes out and rambles on and then another guy comes out and says in this very ring blahblah
>>
>>1567746
Bret is wrong
We need to follow Matt instead and begin the ultimate kayfabe era with ridiculous gimmicks with 100% kayfabe dedication that never breaks
>>
>>1567746
Bret burying his own legacy here by admitting that good promos are vital. Bret himself couldn't cut a decent promo to save his worthless life. I remember that he always maintained that telling the story through the actual flow of the match itself was all that was necessary before he started his daily bitchfits on twitter.
>>
Bret Hart is shit. every tv match of his was the same. HBK called him out on once when he was doing guest commentary
>>
>>1567752
Many people believe Jericho ruined the segment with his maleness. It would have been praised no matter what because muh wymynynynyn revolution
>>
>>1567791
Based Broken Matt doesn't believe in scripted promos either, and I don't think that Bret is against kayfabe.
>>
>>1567801
> obviously didnt read the first sentence of the post hes replying to

>>1567819
> obviously never watched any bret matches
> H-HBGay told me i-it must be true!
Lol
Underage or pajeet, probably both
>>
>>1567801
>>1567819
>Shawnetty marks still SEETHING that Bret was the most valuable, and therefore, the best wrestler on the planet

Bret's promos were a relative weak spot, but he was so insanely good at everything else that's not saying much. Once he found his confidence and just spoke as the voice of legitimacy in wrestling he was really good on the mic, and secure enough in his own appeal to the fans to put other guys over rather than constantly trying to hog the spotlight.
>>
>>1567840
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>1567746
>Not sure if bret is watching the same show as me, for me the issue is too much pointless wrestling.
I agree. But it's just a side effect of the three hour Raws. They've gotta add a few extra minutes to every match, no matter how pointless it is.
>>
My main issue is shit like smark writing, the kind of stuff you see Adam Blampied scripting and shit, where everything has to have some sense of immense gravitas and respect or whatever, it's fucking lame and cheesy
>>
>>1567943
We need marks to do it all
smarks and anti-smarks are the cancers killing wrestling
>>
>>1567943
Right.
>>
Bret being a shit draw is just a meme. He did well internationally and WWE reached record lows with Shawn/Diesel, not Bret.
>>
>>1568204
"internationally" = Canada.

Diesel actually drew well, his PPV numbers are better than that of Bret.
>>
This is why TNA is better. No scripted promos and the wrestlers talk themselves. Some are great, some are terrible, but at least it comes down to them
>>
>>1567746
what the fuck is a "Forbe"
>>
>>1568377
They have writers the same as WWE, they just don't have the money for more than a few.
>>
Based
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.