[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The best there is The best there was The best there ever will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (196KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 1200x1800px
The best there is
The best there was
The best there ever will be
>>
>>1563916
kys bretcuck
>>
>>1563916
Was he ever even good to begin with? I was never much of a fan
>>
>>1563919
I'm not bretchad, I just like the Hitman
>>
>>1563921
>Was he ever even good to begin with?
He was the most technically gifted wrestler in the world
>>
>>1563930
>most technically gifted wrestler
That doesn't mean shit if he isn't entertaining
>>
I'd say he was one of the best for his time but he has been surpassed by plenty of people since
>>
>>1563930
Dean Malenko was better than Stone Cold in the ring yet he wasn't the face of the Attitude Era
>>
>>1563934
His matches were entertaining, he had great psychology, selling, everything. He always told a good story in the ring, even when his opponents were awful workers like Yokozuna and Diesel. He was truly the excellence of execution.
>>
>>1563921
My niggas classics are the purest their are. He had major chemistry with Austin, Owen, and HBK and produced some of the best matches ever. To me he's 1 and Shawn Michaels is A. Bret was a better technical wrestler, but Shawn was the better showman. Shawn wins because of the extra decade, but at that time it'd be impossible to pick.
>>
>>1563942
Bret helped Austin get over huge
>>
>>1563934
He was though. He could work against any kind of opponent without forcing them into his style like Hogan or Flair. The difference between his Iron Man with Shawn, his all-out brawl with Austin, (both of the great ones) his technical masterpieces with Owen, and his underdog comeback against Diesel are the proof. All great matches, all very different. Heck, the way he worked technical matches were even different. Watch his Owen Hart stuff and then watch his classics with Mr. Perfect.

He was truly the excellence of execution. The only thing I can ever say about him is that a high impact finisher or special maneuver to go along with the sharpshooter would have done him wonders, but that he was always a major player without anything of the sort, on the ground, or from the turnbuckle, says wonders about how good he was at everything else. No other great in the 90s got away without having an impact finisher besides Flair.
>>
The Hart family is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>1563921
Never drew a dime.

Ironically when he left WWE for WCW. The ratings for WWE went up and WCW died.
>>
He's got a badass costume, that's the only cool thing about him
>>
File: bret.jpg (56KB, 370x637px) Image search: [Google]
bret.jpg
56KB, 370x637px
>>1563916
>The best there is
>The best there was
>The best there ever will be
Facts. Bret was the man who made the 90s boom in wrestling. After he retired, wrestling was like a spin-off from the Bret Hart Show and the casuals started drifting away.
>>
>>1563969
Mankind didn't have a high impact finisher
>>
>>1563916
Owen was better.
>>
>>1564556
this
>>
>>1563921
Bret is the only wrestler that made everything look real. Best brawler of all time, best technician of all time, best execution of all time and the best seller of all time.
When Bret wrestled it looked like a real fight every single time

Thats why he is the best
>>
>>1564555
18+
The Butterfly DDT was a great move for the time

>>1564556
>>1564558
> owen was better because he did flippy shit
Lol
>>
>>1564583
Yes and?
>>
>>1564590
> muh flips
Go back to wew
>>
>>1563981
Not really.
>>
>>1564594
>good technician
Stupid boring shit that never draws!
>good at doing some flippy shit
The anti-Christ of wrestling is upon us!
>good brawler
Can't wrestle for shit!

Nothing satisfies you does it. I was thinking about his technical skills more than his flips, and all I said was Owen was better than Bret and you come and insinuate that I'm devoted to flippy shit.
>>
>>1564598
If you thought that Owen was better on other grounds, you shouldn't have replied to the suggestion that all he had over Bret was flips with "Yes and?" Nobody here is actually saying that Owen was bad - he was amazing! It's just that he was not the absolute best wrestler possible, unlike Bret.
>>
>>1564598
Well Bret beats Owen out on every single category except flips and comedic ability. And innovation i guess
So it isnt hard to deduce you are a flippyshitter
>>
>>1564603
My mistake, but he still insinuated before I made that reply.
>>
>>1564614

Owen was much better at working across styles than Bret was.

How much that's worth depends on the person.
>>
>>1564620
What do you mean, adapting to other styles?

>>1564619
See >>1564614
>>
>>1564627
>Bret beats Owen out on every single category except flips and comedic ability
You can't be serious.
>>
>>1564631
Comedic micwork/ability and flips

Thats it
>>
>>1564627

Working other styles of match and also being able to adapt to others styles in a WWF or whatever ring. Bret usually had one sort of match and you got the same general stuff out of him regardless of who or where he was wrestling. Owen was a lot more flexible in being able to work different guys and different crowds - you could get a good WWF style match out of him, but he could also mesh with everything from southern brawlers to Japanese juniors to lucha guys.

That didn't mean he necessarily had the best overall matches or even the better average match, but he got good matches out of far more people than Bret could have.
>>
The biggest bitch there is, was and ever will be
>>
BASED BRET
>>
>>1564635
I could write a long post but this guy has already explained it for me so i dont need to >>1563969
Go watch his match with the 123 kid on raw then go watch the Diesel SS95 match straight after. he could work any sort match and make it GOAT
Hell in one of the KOTRs he won he shows this with 3 different great matches against 3 very different opponents

He got multiple 10/10 matches out of Kevin Nash ffs. Bret is the GOAT
>>
>>1564668
>10/10 matches
Bret's body of work is proof that the five star system is bullshit. If Meltzer was serious about objective ratings, he'd have gone from a five star system to a ten star system to show how much better Bret was than anyone else.
>>
>>1564619
OK, but you still haven't said why you think Owen was better. In fairness, I don't think that's possible, because with all due respect to Owen it's not possible for anyone to be better than Bret.
>>
>>1564556
>being this wrong
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOwO_bSeMk&t=28m34s

>random episode of WWF Superstars from 1992
>Ric Flair literally does a better promo than Bret Hart has EVER done in a single throwaway segment

Bret is the most overrated shitter of all time. There is a reason why EVERYONE in the wrestling industry whose opinion actually matters considers Flair to be the greater legend.
>>
File: Trips - Nod.gif (2MB, 200x177px) Image search: [Google]
Trips - Nod.gif
2MB, 200x177px
>>1563916
Hes certainly the best at bitching online...
>>
>>1566462
Promos werent his strong point, who cares
Its like laughing at Big Show because he doesnt do top rope moves

We are talking about match quality and adaptability ITT, no wonder a Ric 'same shit match and same shit promo for 40 years' Flair fan got uncomfortable and started sperging out
>>
>>1566475
>Promos werent his strong point, who cares

Obviously you care about them since it's the only legit reason you can possibly have for not rating Finn Balor.
>>
>>1566483
> boring in the ring, thinks running around doing lots of suicide dives with his chest puffed out is exciting
> shit moveset comprising of meme kicks, shit stomps and fucking JTGs slingblade
> his entrance at fool sail when the fat neckbeards throw their arms out is the legit most cringeworthy thing ive ever seen and makes me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan
> le demon entrance got old by the second time, it jumped the shark by the time he turned into a spiny le demon
> thinks popping his leather jacket open during his entrance is acceptable
> unironically has a move named after a terrorist act and is proud of it
> i could legit beat the fuck out of him with just my left hand
> is irish
> sounds like an extra from father ted
> worst mic skills of all time
> even managed to get a boring match out of NXT era Neville

> EVEN MANAGED TO GET A BORING MATCH OUT OF FUCKING NEVILLE

I could go on but i cant be fucked
>>
>>1566474
Punk has him beat there tbqh
>>
>>1566520
Yeah, can't argue that.
>>
>>1566512
>unironically has a move named after a terrorist act and is proud of it

Nothing wrong with this. The IRA are a group of oppressed freedom fighters.
>>
>>1563916
His theme song was okay.
>>
>>1566530
Please gain height Phil
>>
>>1563916
best technical wrestler ever hands down
but was a complete ratings cancer, never drew a dime and inspired a whole generation of talentless vanilla midget retards
worst champion ever and possibly worst entertainer ever
>>
>>1566558
Bret himself admits that Dynamite Britfag was better than him.
>>
>>1566557
Your attempts to run me off /asp/ are cute. They really are. I just can't figure out WHY. Are you really so bored that your only goal in life is to scour each and every thread for even the barest trace of my postings and shit all over them? That's a pretty pitiful existence. How do you live with yourself, knowing that literally everyone here hates you?
>>
File: fedora_katana.jpg (75KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fedora_katana.jpg
75KB, 500x375px
>>1566592
>Your attempts to run me off /asp/ are cute. They really are. I just can't figure out WHY. Are you really so bored that your only goal in life is to scour each and every thread for even the barest trace of my postings and shit all over them? That's a pretty pitiful existence. How do you live with yourself, knowing that literally everyone here hates you?
>>
>>1566592
> talking to cuckter other than insulting him
That was your first mistake. He isnt mentally stable he is a legit sperger like you see on tv charity adverts
Just ignore
>>
>>1566601
>SEETING
>>
File: Cesaro.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Cesaro.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>1566601
It's been going on for a few threads now. I'm not great at learning my lesson though.
>>
>>1566604
There he goes

Now watch for the samefags mr crossfit guy
there will be at least 2, i can tell from his even more erratic posting tonight that the ritalin is wearing off
>>
>>1566606
6'+
>>
>>1566611
have sex
>>
>>1566618
R ya offering
>>
>>1566610
I saw the samefags earlier. Evidently, he's a fan of fedoras, because he has quite a collection of them to post my way.
>>
>>1566624
Wat u mean?
>>
>>1566635
>>1566633
Im on my hands and knees begging ya to gain height
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.