[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dave Meltzer On Dean Ambrose's Promo On Smackdown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

>Ambrose had world champion presence. When a world champion faces a face, he has to make the match work. He has to do this fine line, in which he doesn't want to be fake, and play too much as a heel. Especially, when the champion is a babyface because that would be ridiculous to their character. So, you have to play this subtle heel because the psychology is that you want to see a title change. When you have a babyface challenger if you don't want to see the title change, what is the point of the match? I thought he was so great at not being fake and the things he was saying to Ziggler made sense for his character. He shut down Ziggler when Ziggler tried to portray the both of them as victims of the system, and how he mocked Ziggler for complaining about his situation and glorifying the fact that Ziggler steals the show, but Ambrose wins the matches.

>The way he came off, and the way he walked out at the end, was all subtle stuff. He got a few boos at the end, but he obviously wasn't booed out of the building, nor was that the goal. The goal was to get the fans behind Ziggler, and Ambrose did so, by being a little bit of an asshole. However, at the same time, he wasn't turning his back or being fake to his babyface character.

>His delivery and presence were just so good. He felt like more of a champion than Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns ever did. I can't say more than John Cena ever did, but more than John Cena at that night, so I thought Ambrose was very good.

High words of praise from the most esteemed wrestling journalist of all time.
>>
Hes been trying to push this narrative that Ambrose should be the top guy in the company for over a year now
>>
Deano was good, shut Ziggler down hard and drove him into insanity
>>
Deanhaters BTFO by Big Dick Meltz
>>
Who gives a fuck what that old hack thinks?
>Literally hated the attitude era
>Is a jew
>is a raging liberal
>likes dean

Im not sure how anyone could like him.
>>
>>1562890
Didn't this jew faggot want to turn Roman Reigns heel so that Deannitty could go over a strong heel?
>>
>>1562890
THE SAME MELTZ THAT SAID MUH WIMMINZ CARRIED THE 40 MINUTE TRAINWRECK
>>
>dave metlzer said
uhhhhhhhh....

i thought it waaass gooood ...
>>
>>1562892
more like for 2 years.
>>
File: big dave church.jpg (167KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
big dave church.jpg
167KB, 2048x1152px
>>
Normally Dean speaks in this kinda drawl, he slurs his words a bit, it makes him seem kinda relaxed or not all there.

But when he said "You're not as good as you THINK you are.", there was suddenly a very hard edge to his voice and he very cleanly enunciated it. It was just subtly different from how he usually talks and it made the line hit that much harder. Good shit.
>>
>>1562890
Well it was a good segment. I don't really need Meltz to tell me
>>
Dean already getting somebody over within 2 months as champion unlike BMJ? Wow
>>
BASED
>>
>Dean stops being a wacky looney toons character
>its good

Wow, what a surprise. It's not as if people had been begging for him to be a bit more serious for this exact reason for the past 2 years or anything
>>
>>1563681
WWE purposely gave Dean bad booking so he wouldn't dwarf Roman in fan support
>>
>>1562890
Ziggler's intensity and gesticulation in that promo was well beyond anything Ambrose did on the mic so far.
People were bashing Reigns for being a goof with a monotonous voice on the mic, but Ambrose is exactly the same - he has a monotonous voice like Reigns, he drags his lines out like Reigns, he does weird facial expressions just like Reigns, his delivery is 2edgy4me tier just like it was with Reigns.

I liked how Ziggler went full Trips with that "I am THAT good" line. Gold.
>>
Meltz is kinda stating the obvious here. But it is good to see Deano cutting a more nuanced promo.
>>
>>1562890

Yeah, that whole thing was a pretty fucking good segment, Ambrose especially.

Honestly, I hope his character continues to develop a little more to the heel end of the spectrum. He's MUCH better when he isn't a fucking loony toons character
>>
BASED MELTZ

Anti-smarks lining up at Home Depot to buy ropes
>>
>>1563700
There's a world of difference between Roman and Dean. Dean emotes, he was calm but there was a ton of different, subtle little emotions. Dean acts, Roman is a block of wood.
>>
>>1563928

Dean also doesn't trip over his words and space out while trying to remember a line.

I try to cut Roman a lot of slack, because 80% of what isn't great about him is the WWE's fault instead of his, but Dean is SO MUCH BETTER than him at promos it's kind of silly.
>>
>>1563928
>subtle little emotions
Oh, you mean the little facial expressions? Roman sure didn't do that...
Oh wait.

I don't see how Ambrose is really that much better on the mic than him when he's just "le crazy man XD", while being just as monotonous as him when talking.
>>
> according to meltzer
>>
>>1562890
>Telling Smarks what they want to hear so they keep paying their subscriptions

It's funny. On one hand, he and others say that it's just his opinion and no-one has to agree. Then on the other hand, he gets all worked up when WWE don't listen to his opinion and go the opposite direction.
>>
I love when Big Money Meltz cucks that Mexican indie manlet every week. Bryan will have such a strong opinion on something on his own show, then when he's with Dave and Dave disagrees with him he just sits in silence.

Happened this week with AA's debut. Alvarez was super pissed about it and called it shit on his show. Then Dave comes in and says it was great and he doesn't say a peep in disagreement. I bet Bryan let's Dave fuck his wife desu, based Big Dave.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.