[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autobiographies General I Guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Which autobiographies would you guys recommend? I wanna start reading some.

I hear Ric Flair and Jericho are one's to get.
>>
>>1561370
They're all good, Jericho's 1st one has been the best I've read though.
so far I've read
>Jericho's three
>Bob Holly
>Foley's 1st (didn't like it that much but still decent)
>Bret
>Eddie
>Goldust
>Bryan
>>
>>1561370
Ric Flair's is terrible apart from the few chapters talking about the territories at the start. Other than that it is self-serving and dull uninteresting garbage which surprised me due to the life he lead. Its almost as if all the alcohol made him forget all the good stories

Best ones ive read are Bret's, Jericho's first one and Hardcore Holly's. And Foley's first

Stone Cold's was ok if a bit shit and underwhelming
>>
>>1561370
The best one is without a doubt Bret Hart's, and i've read most of them.

I strongly recommend you pick it up.
>>
I've read Jericho's 1st and 3rd, both really good except the 3rd has alot of band stuff you probably won't be interested in but the wrestling sections are still good. Foleys first is probably my favourite. Brets was really good too as good as Foleys.. HBK's was pretty shit because he's a born again Christian so goes on about that alot.- just a bit boring. Bischoffs was decent too to read about all the crazy WCW stuff and monday night wars. I read abit of Foleys other books but didn't seem up to the standard of the first.
>>
>>1561380
forgot HBK's, pretty good as well
>>
Thanks for the suggestions, will start with Bret Hart and Jericho's first one.
>>
Bret's was good, even if you hate him it's a good read
>>
Foley's 1st and 2nd are great. The rest are shit, please avoid them.

All 3 of Jericho's are great.

Hart's is good.

Hogan's is okay to get a general history and behind the scenes, but he spends the entire book defending himself from various things.

Austin's is meh. Again ok for behind the scenes but his ghostwriter was shit.

Bryan's is not even an auto. It's just a biography, and not a good one.

Bischoff's was interesting, though he spends most of it trying to get himself over as a badass who doesn't give a shit.

I read Rock's when I was in high school so I don't remember a whole hell of a lot of it, but I think it was ok.

John McEnroe's was amazing. Not a wrestler, but still.
>>
How many of these are ghost written?

I've only read Flair's book. It's pretty good desu famlee, ghost written or not. I've had Jericho's first book and Bret's book on my too read list for ages.
>>
>>1563146
Foley and Jericho wrote all of theirs solo. I'm not sure about Bret.
The rest of >>1563128 are all ghost written I think.
>>
>>1563146
Literally all of them.
>>
>>1563152
Jericho had a guy that looked over all his shit as he wrote it and wrote a foreward or something, but he wrote it all himself. Foley was assigned a ghost writer but tossed him and wrote it all himself.
>>
desu Jericho's 3rd autobiography isn't so great, especially if you're just in it for the wrestling aspect. His 2nd one is borderline, but still comes out good. In retrospect, his 1st one really makes his current self out to be a bit of a hypocrite but still one of the best wrestler autobiographies around.

Foley's 3rd book gets pretty creepy about Melina. The two prior to that one are both fantastic reads.
>>
>>1563152
>>1563156
I knew Foley's books were written by himself because I've heard him bring it up in a number of interviews. He prides his work. Bret I don't know but assume he did it himself because it's not a WWE book. Every book published by WWE, excluding Foley, I'd assumed was ghost written.
>>
Was anyone else cringing really hard when jericho tried to jump in on all the Foley/Al Snow bants from Foley's book and do it in his ?
Made me think less of him t b h
>>
>>1563146
Bret wrote his himself while recovering from his stroke and used the tape recordings he made throughout his career

He is a good writer, he has wrote columns for the calgary sun and sports mags for years
>>
>>1563207
You mean the "Mick Foley has never beaten me in a match ever" jokes?
Yeah he was biting, but it was still kind of funny. Nothing beats the Al Snow jabs from Foley's 1st, though. The Test ones were ok in 2.
>>
William Regal's is a great read but think the first few chapters could be confusing to americans and people who don't know much about wrestling. It's very in depth
>>
>>1563206
There's literally zero reason to think Bret wrote his book, let alone knows how to do anything except wrestle.
>>
>>1561370
Edge's autobiography is terrible. He writes at a third grade level and is completely uninteresting. To think that he's trying to become a professional fiction author is laughable.
>>
>>1563240

I remember when I was last bought some I really wanted to get Regals but it was pricey as fuck
>>
>>1563240
If the first bit's confusing, it's worth sticking through because I think Regal's book is the best wrestling autobiography on the market
>>
>>1563250
Shawncuck pls
He didnt use a ghost-writer and is a good writer, go do some research
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.