[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happen? >We want Balor >Gets Balor >shit pop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Finn-Balor.jpg (35KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Finn-Balor.jpg
35KB, 960x540px
What happen?
>We want Balor
>Gets Balor
>shit pop
>>
>Oii am gonna bet you at soomerslaam
>>
He's not heel
>>
He got exposed as a boring vanilla midget
>>
No NXmeme crowd to protect him
>>
>we want balor

Literally no one said this
>>
What happen?

>We want Roman
>gets Roman
>huge pop
>>
A really shit crowd.
>>
>>1551002
>blaming the crowd for his blandness
The state of smarks
>>
>>1551002
It was a terrible promo. They're not doing what NXT did, and covering his weaknesses very protectively, because they can't do that, anymore.
>>
File: 1468128356494.gif (328KB, 922x708px)
1468128356494.gif
328KB, 922x708px
>at Summerslam, the only thing thats getting handed to you, is YOUR ASS

I liked this
>>
I don't remember one "we want balor" chant on any main show.
>>
Bad promo, bad crowd. Only good part was "The only thing that's getting handed to you IS YOUR ASS."

Balor can back his shit up in the ring, but he's really not good on the mic, so the only thing that really works for him is when he threatens to kick your face in 'cause you know he can back it up.

Rollins is gonna have to carry the promos, but Balor's in ring work speaks for itself. The match at Summerslam is still gonna rule.
>>
File: 1464198314425.jpg (41KB, 678x678px)
1464198314425.jpg
41KB, 678x678px
>liking Fag Balor
>>
File: 1458668008775.jpg (192KB, 941x611px)
1458668008775.jpg
192KB, 941x611px
>oim gunna hand you your arse

What did the indie darling vanilla midget smark favorite mean by this?
>>
>>1551135
Saw it coming a mile away though.
>>
>>1551200
>Balor's in ring work speaks for itself

Yup. Bland, boring, uninspired.

Neville is way better.
>>
>>1551200
Over-selling Balor in-ring. His NXT/WWE work has been mediocre. I can't remember one time he legit stole the show.
>>
>>1551218
>>1551221
I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
>>
>>1551218
Neville with the paint would've been GOAT.
He understands piecing a match together better than Finn, so he'd probably do a better job varying his move-set to display the metamorphosis.
Finn just does 2 slingblades instead of 1.
>>
So, with the WWE inevitably putting a manager on him, Who would you like?

I want Bischoff
>>
I feel like the pop has a lot to do with his music. They gave him some odd intro to start off his original theme song. They should just give him that heartbeat effect, that way the crowd will cheer immediately when they hear it. Its a kind of pavlov's dog syndrome.
>>
>>1551261
He has two themes.
One is the longer one, the other is for regular shows, because you can't have him memeing down the ramp for five minutes every week.
They both have heartbeats, the latter just doesn't draw them out as much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzDFOxkW40A
>>
>all these people seething at seeing this vanilla midget destroying their muscley men
>>
>>1551290
>has been on the roster for two weeks
>has so far only pinned Rusev and Roman
>muscley men
>>
>[mild boos every time he says something on the mic]
>>
>>1551314

>Rusev
>literally called brute

>top dog Roman
>not ripped
>>
Can't stop laffin' thinking about that time smarks were saying he should be facing Taker this year at mania. He'd look like a literal child right next to him.
>>
>>1551268

Its fucking 3 hour raw. They really should use his meme enterance. Otherwise its just full of shit promos like yesterdays 45 minute starter or even worse, women on the mic for 15 minuted which nobody gives two shits about.

Bottomline: more action less talking
>>
>>1551332
They're not muscley, though.

>>1551337
I actually kinda, agree with you, but you shot yourself in the foot when you said.

>Bottomline: more action less talking

>more action
>Balor slinking his way down to the ring for five minutes every show

That would get old as fuck real quick. There's a reason why they trimmed it on NXT.
>>
>>1550694
They're still under the assumption that everyone in the "wwe universe" is subscribed to the network and religiously follows NXT, which is far from the truth.

So when they debut a new guy they rarely bother to do a hype up campaign, no vingettes, no video packages, no squash matches to show off their entire moveset, no backstage interviews to know them better. They don't put in the effort to make them feel special, they're just some new dude. Most of the times they don't even have a program for them when they bring them up and they inevitably get lost in the shuffle like Dallas, Rose, Neville, Breeze, Corbin and Crews.
>>
>>1550694

Chalk it down to:

>WWE shouldn't listen to and then hand to on a plate whatever the nerd-spergs shouting on social media want

Someone like Bryan, by comparison, grew his appeal organically with the - declining - wider wrestling fanbase. With Balor, WWE have bent over and let the geeks fuck them.
>>
File: 1442183962384.jpg (7KB, 236x240px)
1442183962384.jpg
7KB, 236x240px
>>1551381

>bryans push was organic
>not wwe panicking about their mania main event and catering to smarks
>grew his appeal with the wider wrestling fanbase

implying anyone would ever cheer for a skinnyfat little troll unironically if they didn't give the sheep that stupid yes chant to parrot.
>>
>>1550781
Smarks screwed themselves over and overhype this shit. This will happen on Memura, Memesuka and Samoan Jose.
>>
>>1551404
And of course when their indie darling failed smarks just say "we didn't want "x" wrestler in the first place!" while chanting on the Live WWE Raw "We are awesome!" Fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>1551341

Id still take it over insanely long promos. You know that shovelman needs to come out and boost his ego rather sooner rhen later and we get to enjoy 25min promos for 4months. Also he wins the universal title because lol i havent had it yet and i must have it.

Raw is going to go to hell after summerslam and le shovelman is back in action before SurSer
>>
>>1551404
>>1551409
Why are you letting creative off the hook so easily?
Sure some of the fault is with the wrestler and some on the crowd, but a good chunk of the blame is on creative for not creating the situations, angles, feuds and storylines to help them get over.
>>
>>1550694
Same thing with Sasha. People remember how shit and boring he is.
>>
>>1551259
His big cousin Stephen
>>
>>1551776
Because Anti-Smarks are WWE bootlickers and it's absolutely always the wrestlers fault that Vince does nothing to work around their weaknesses
>>
>>1551794
Daily reminder that marks are the only tolerable group of people who watch wrestling
>>
>>1551776
>>1551794
But it hasn't even gotten to a point in which we can blame creative.
They debuted him, and shot him into the ME immediately.
He's in a feud and storyline that should help him get over right now.
>>
>>1551776
Creative have done their best with Balor, moreso so far than anyone aside Lesnar and Orton. I know the typical smark response to a shit wrestler is "it's not him it's creative!" but come on m8
>>
>>1551832
>>1551808
>Creative have done their best with Balor
Have they really?

We know about Balor because we're the dipshits that hop online to discuss this bullshit, to the average Raw viewer that doesn't follow NXT he's just some new dude that got drafted in the same breath as Rollins and Ambrose, he's short, he's got a jacket, he stomps on people and he's irish.

They haven't given enough to the audience to form an opinion on him, one way or another, yet the shove him in the title picture. It's like when Sheamus was brand new and he put Cena through a table and boom new champion, please care about him; or when Swagger won MITB out of the blue, cashed in a few days later, intruded into the Edge-Jericho feud, boom new champion, please care about him. The expected you to do the legwork for them.

Both of those guys got crickets during their title runs and if they put the title on Balor he'll get them too. It's not enough to put the title on a dude and call it a day, you need to establish his character first so it means something when he wins or fails to win the title.
>>
>>1552180
You're right that their hype of him is poorly-executed. They just have him show up like he's a big deal, and hold onto the hope that everyone in the crowd watches NXT.
But viewing purely his creative usage so far, they've done their best. They've given him two matches, a big win, a shock-debut, and a short promo.
>>
>>1551007
There wasn't even a pop for Heyman or Brock.
>>
>>1551002
>>1552211
The popped hard for Roman and Orton. Stay BTFO smarks.

And
>popping for heyman and his long boring cringe promos where he just yells the whole time
>>
>>1551221
When he debuted the paint maybe, but yeah. His match with Joe where Joe was busted open 10 seconds into the match would have if Nakamura hadn't also debuted. That match was awesome.
>>
>>1552219
m8 that match was completely outclassed even removed from debut hype. Zayn and Naka worked that to near-perfection. That's the worst card to try and argue he could have stolen – Zayn/Nak and AA/Rev both firmly outclassed him.
>>
>>1552180
To be fair there really isn't much they can do with him because he sucks on the mic and the demon character is only plausible at big events (probably because of the effort it takes to slab that detailed paint on him), it's similar to Y2J having to explain everything AJ Styles has done in the past and that didn't do much for AJ, if it did then his reactions would be better after the fact. So having someone tell the fans what Finn has done in the past wouldn't do shit.

The point was creative have done their best with him because you can't build a popular guy overnight, unless you're naturally gifted on the mic like Enzo's debut.
>>
ITT: homos
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.