[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Guys you never marked for even though they are/were over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

File: The_Rock.0.jpg (117KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
The_Rock.0.jpg
117KB, 1310x873px
ITT: Guys you never marked for even though they are/were over as fuck

pic related, never saw the appeal. i was an Austin man through and through
>>
60 year old smark detected
>>
File: 5c0319a593hbk.jpg (53KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
5c0319a593hbk.jpg
53KB, 600x646px
Never really gave a fuck about him
>>
Bret Hart
>>
when he feuded with HHH I was rooting for HHH
>>
Daniel Bryan
>>
>>1544110

Goldberg during his streak.
Jeff hardy as singles wrestler
Orton ever
Triple H ever
>>
ROW-MEN REIGN-ES
>>
Triple H
Steve Austin
Randy Orton
Mick Foley
Goldberg
>>
Finn balor and nakamura
>>
>>1544179
>fag balor and gookamura
>over with anyone but obese full sail smarks
>>
>>1544184
Oh yeah, forgot balor didn't come out to any pop
>>
Sting.

Never seen the appeal of the guy, from bland babyface to emo shitter to LOLSORANDUM Joker ripoff. Not like he was ever even a top tier worker.
>>
>>1544189
You have to be over 18 to post here
>>
Shawn Michaels
Triple H
Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton

At the time of his prime, Kurt Angle. For some reason he never clicked with me, I always thought he was bland. Only going back and watching later, I realised he was one of the GOATs.
>>
>>1544209
Hi Steve!
>>
>Guys you never marked for

What the fuck do people who use this phrase think it even means?

It sounds like you are using "marked for" as a proxy for saying "gay for". You do realise that, right?

If you are watching a wrestling match, and you want one guy to win, and another guy to lose, then you are a mark. It's that simple.
>>
>>1544189
what about blackface sting?
>>
Goldberg
>>
>>1544189
>Hating on Joker sting

Fuck off
>>
File: warriorv2.jpg (52KB, 624x388px) Image search: [Google]
warriorv2.jpg
52KB, 624x388px
Whats the appeal of this pack of steroids and brain disfunctions?
>>
>>1544399
he was hype
>>
>>1544401
He acted like a retard.

God i hated WWE in the late 80's/early 90's.
>>
>>1544399
He was a typical "One Better" booking - in that however big, tough, violent, or dishonest the bad guy was, Warrior could beat him.

He was also able to be "One Better" than any of the babyfaces at the time - he was a comic book superhero even more than Hulk Hogan, which was good at the time coz Hulkamania was so played out.

Honestly, if Warrior had left after 2-3 years, and did something else, people wouldn't hate him so much. He fucked his legacy three ways:
>WCW run
>Second run in WWF
>His neocon after dinner speech enterprise

He was shit, but his gimmick was over as fuck with pre-teens. And, unlike the manlets of today, he could gorilla press slam people.
>>
>>1544416
>unlike the manlets of today, he could gorilla press slam people

Nigga manlets like the fags from American Alpha neville or Crews are way stronger than this roid freak
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
Memes aside I never understood why she is so overhyped. She was always the smallest and botchiest of the 4, she's bald, and she is worse than Roman Reigns on the mic.
>>
>>1544587
Don't get it either. It's going to be annoying as fuck now that they're pushing her super hard. Saw a video on their youtube where apparently she's at the top of the 'power rankings'.

Seriously nigger? She's a fucking woman, and not even a particularly good one.
>>
>>1544316
hi larson
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 200x253px
>>1544110
Never saw him past midcard potential despite everyone claiming he is the best thing in WWE today.

>Average mic skill
>Doesn't know how to play a proper heel
>Sells like HBK against Hogan
Nothing screams World Heavyweight championship
>>
>>1544110
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK
>>
File: 168ig0p.png (133KB, 316x390px) Image search: [Google]
168ig0p.png
133KB, 316x390px
Not only did I never mark, I changed the channel everytime he was on. My lord was he terrible. Talking wwe here, I'm sure his tna run was worse.
>>
>>1544807
thats not seth rollins
>>
Never liked Edge
>>
>>1544216
I can't imagine not marking over Kurt.

He is super underrated on the mic too. Perfect comedic timing and delivery

Although his in the ring performance got better the more serious his character got.
>>
>>1544110
daniel bryan
>>
>>1544110
"Jeff Harvey"
>>
>Hogan ever

Couldn't ever stand this tool. Not being 'murcan and not being able to buy into any patriotism gimmick may have something to do with it.
>>
>>1544963
But Canada gave him the biggest reactions
>>
>>1544110
Sure bud. You're just another fat neckbearded dorito dust fingered IWC smark faggot who turned on The Rock when he returned back in January and cucked the fuck out of your little indie midget heros with his charisma. It really is amazing how ALL of you faggots turned on him in the span of 20 minutes.
>>
>>1544996
>Being this mad

OP said he was an Austin mark. You were always one or the other
>>
Ric Flair
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Edge and Christian
Batista
Randy Orton
>>
I stopped watching after Benoit died and started back last September so I'll go current guys only.
Ziggler- I just don't see his appeal outside of midcard workhorse.
Zack Ryder- This guy is bland as fuck but the corner broski boot is an okay spot.
Dean Ambrose- If they made him insane instead wacky I'd like him better. Also, he's overrated on the mic.
>>
I always despised Punk since before he was in WWE.
>>
File: steve-blackman.jpg (40KB, 329x400px) Image search: [Google]
steve-blackman.jpg
40KB, 329x400px
>>1544110
I never saw the appeal of the rock OR austin... same promo over and over for both of them / same 3 moves in the ring. I was a big Steve Blackman fan back then.. his workrate to this day was unparalleled.. never got the push he deserved
>>
>>1544999
I mark for Austin and Rock.
>>
>>1545111

Zack Ryder has been scripted to death that's why he comes across bland.

Look up the YouTube series he used to get himself over. He did it himself without company approval, and it makes a huge difference when he gets to come up with his own material.
>>
>>1544110
Ziggler
Fin Balor/Prince Devit
Micheal Elgin
Greg Valentine
Batista
>>
>>1545553
Maybe now, but back then it was always one or the other
>>
>>1544184
I fucking hate Fullsail. Fucking meme cheering fucks.
>>
>>1545621
White people rooted for Austin.
Minorities rooted for The Crock.
>>
>>1545650
Meme's aside, is it really fair to be mad at someone enjoying themselves?
>>
>>1544897
No, it's even worse.
>>
>>1544587

Will you ever get over it Jeff?
>>
>>1545723

>The Crock

wow that's a new one polturd, rewriting history now?
>>
>>1545771
Yeah, when they make the on screen product noticeably worse. Why are they so bad? No crowd has ever been as bad in wrestling history as the Full Sail crowd is.
>>
>>1545723
That's not true. White and minority people liked both. I really don't think there's any ethnic correlation. They were both just over as fuck.
>>
>>1544999
>You were always one or the other

This couldn't be further from the truth. Only someone who is currently watching re-runs on the WWE network would think this. They were both over and both liked to the same level. Austin could never get over as a heel, but The Rock was great as both a heel and a face.
>>
>>1550259
Literally who is Jeff Bretcuck?
>>
>>1544397
>joker sting
>anything but dog shit

Come on.
>>
>>1545650
What doe fullsail mean?
>>
>Bret Hart

He was a Canadian who wrestled in all pink. What was there to like? At least Owen and the rest of the Hart foundation was enjoyable, but Bret was a huge kill-joy.

Others:

>Zack Ryder
>Those botches from last week
>Ric Flair
>X-pac
>Edge
>Deanetty
>Finn Balor
>>
>>1550273
>Austin could never get over as a heel
>Falling for this meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbSe9StJRI#t=2m20
>>
>>1550285
Fullsail University is where NXT is taped
>>
>>1550279

>People are talking about wrestlers from the past
>You feel the need to bring up a woman who just started out.

This is some serious obsession over an autograph not being signed.
>>
>>1550290

>Needed to change his music to get booed
>Still got cheered
>Needed to beat on JR
>Still got cheered

Sure thing pal.
>>
>>1550296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd604NnJ2nc#t=2m
>>
>>1550299

I can find clips of Roman getting cheered, doesn't mean he's actually over. Also you're posting clips of after he'd beaten The Rock with Vince's help, he got some heat, and then people were cheering him 2 months later. It's pretty much a known fact, that even he admitted, that his heel run was a disaster.
>>
>>1550299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s9OqGGyF7E

"Austin didn't get heat" is one of the biggest myths there is. It was a shit run, but not because of that
>>
>>1550296
The problem with Austin as a heel is that his character is an anti-hero so the whole persona is fundamentally heel to begin with. He got cheered for being a heel, there really wasn't anywhere he could go to get lower outside of going full coward cliche.
>>
>>1550306
It was a disaster because he was doing shit like crying when Angle kidnapped him, not because he didn't get heat
>>
>>1550292
I didn't make that first post you were responding to.
I just wanted to know who this Jeff you were always talking about was.

Also
> Sasha
> just starting out
> wrestling since 2010
>>
>>1544587
>memes aside
>bald

Pick one.
>>
>>1550311

He had to do ridiculous things like that cause he wasn't getting enough heat, that as well as beating up JR and cutting some of the most annoying promos of all time. People were confused and annoyed for the most part. When The Rock turned heel at least it was funny.
>>
>>1545771
go back to SC
the problem is that they are full of shit tier smarks that cheer heels and only start chants to get over with eachother
>>
>>1550320
If you think he needed any additional heat so Angle would get cheered in his hometown you're delusional

He got some boos and some cheers throughout, just like Rocks last heel run. Rock was getting cheered in Atlanta when he brought out Gillberg and made fun of Goldberg
>>
>>1550313

If you don't know who Jeff is, that's your problem.

I also honestly don't have a strong desire to discuss Sasha Banks other than to say your obsession with her is pretty pathetic.

>Started out in 2010

How do you even know facts like this about a person you dont even like? She was still a rookie by then. Actually most of the women are still rookies, Paige included, despite "starting out" at 14.
>>
>>1550326

Are you actually trying to argue that Austin didn't do over the top things to get heat? He changed his music, started wearing all black, beat on JR for no reason other than to be edgy, and all this still wasn't enough. He didn't get overwhelmingly booed but he would still be cheered.

>just like Rock's last heel run

His run was nothing like the Rock's. People actually booed The Rock cause he was away doing more and more movies then he'd show up and get pushed, so they just turned him heel and had Goldberg go over him clean. That entire run he was getting booed unconditionally.
>>
>>1550335
No, but your post made it sound like he needed to cry and beg for his life so Angle would get cheered.

And you must be joking

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x39sak_the-rock-concert-ii-full_fun listen to the pop when his theme hits, and then skip to the part where Gillberg comes out. They can't stop cheering him
>>
>>1544145
Considering his offense was 90% kicks and looked like a slimey gnome, i'm not surprised
>>
>>1544587
She's overhyped because she had some good, extensively rehearsed matches (botching frequently regardless) and people got fooled into thinking she was actually a good wrestler. Now the delusion is firmly rooted in smarks so they automatically see her 2 star matches as 4 star matches.
>>
>>1544587
Bayley is worst of the 4 on the mic.
>>
>>1550372
Yeah, I never understood why people think NXT matches compared to main roster matches are on the fly most of the time when they're taped and rehearsed. That's why it's developmental.

Enzo sucked hard in NXT and still does, the only time he's ever done good was NXT live specials and that's because he has had time to practice.
>>
>>1550292
Sasha is one of the most overrated wrestlers in the world. I'm not exaggerating. I don't care how recent she started, the hype is ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with anon calling bullshit on it.
>>
>>1550383
She is, ironically when I talk to my casual friends about her they notice she's not good in the ring, they notice she's too clumsy.
>>
>>1550381
>Enzo
Some of the best wrestlers in the world were below average in the ring like Enzo.
it's soap opera.
>>
>>1550376
That's easily becketty
>>
>>1550381
Dana Brooke was also decent on NXT and had a good match with Asuka at a Takeover. Now look at her without all the prep time. The NXT women have been exposed hard on the main roster.
>>
>>1550394
Cass is the offense in their matches and Enzo gets his ass handed to him until he does a weak tag. Then Cass goes in, wrecks everyone, the top rope splash and they win. That was the majority of his matches in NXT.

And yeah, a lot of top wrestlers weren't the best in the ring but they were surely better than Enzo.
>>
>>1550394
wrong, enzo is a botch machine
>>
File: goldberg-624x370.jpg (27KB, 624x370px) Image search: [Google]
goldberg-624x370.jpg
27KB, 624x370px
>>1550405
>botch machine
So was Goldberg, one of the biggest draws of the late 90's
>>
>>1550432
No

18+
>>
Divas cucks have hijacked yet another thread
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.