[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the rookie wants to train with the big bois

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: w.png (23KB, 749x295px) Image search: [Google]
w.png
23KB, 749x295px
Hello /asp/ies, question:

what's the best martial art/fighting style for a beginner?.

I'm 22 y/o and I've decided that my life needs discipline and hard work, what should I practice?.

I'm not an alien to the topic, I've been in a couple of irl fights on the past and I have won, yet I feel like I don't know how to fight properly, do you think that box (for example) would be good for me?, it's the most vanilla one I can't think about.

grettings and thanks for all the advice, I do appreciate it.
>>
>>1540635
>I'm 22 y/o and I've decided that my life needs discipline and hard work, what should I practice

Hustle Loyalty Respect and Never Giving Up
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 580x392px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 580x392px
>>1540635
>what should I practice?

>pick one or all
Muay Thai
Bjj
Judo
Knockdown karate

Throw in some Nio Zen and you're golden.
>>
>>1540635
>I'm not an alien to the topic, I've been in a couple of irl fights
Fucking lol.
Waving your arms and managing to land a few slaps on another guy also waving his arms like a retard doesn't mean you know a single thing about fighting. But you'll discover that once you get your ass wrecked in a gym.
>>
>>1540681
>Bjj
meme
>Knockdown karate
ultra meme
>>
>>1540639
he said 22 not 8
>>
>>1540635
Taichi

It will discipline your body as well as your mind, and you can effectively learn 24 form yang style on your own from YouTube and e-books
>>
>>1540635
Doesn't matter what you take. Just go with personal preference. Choose the one, you find to be the coolest. E.g. If you're not fond of counter moves and think just being passiv is gay, don't go for Aikido. People tend to invest hard work into something they admire.
Before you start signing up for a school you should thoroughly inform yourself about the school. There are a lot of scams and McDojos out there. Don't fall for those. Try informorming yourself if the school is authentic. You could back track it's roots or get some information on the teacher. Just don't blindly sign up and don't join bujinkan.
>>
>>1540635
Boxing + Judo
>>
>>1540635
The only acceptable answer is Krav Maga
>>
>>1540635
\\+//
>>
BJJ/Judo/Sambo/Catch/Muay Thai/Western Boxing
>>
>>1540635
I would train box to learn how to throw a punch. For real, a good punch can stop a fight before it even begins, and because you spar a lot with other people, you get accostumed to take punches, so it won't take you by surprise the first time you get involved in a real street fight.

Unfortunately, the lack of kicking and grappling means you will be lacking against other fighters who are trained in those areas. But against your average hobo and for general fitness, is good enough.
>>
>>1540635
MMA at a legit MMA gym. They will teach you fitness, diet, and good skills. You will gain confidence, skill, health, and self-discipline.

The best MMA gyms are usually Dutch kickboxing, BJJ, or wrestling-based. Make sure you pick one with lots of amateur and pro fighters as well as many students that do not fight. The best gyms have a diverse group of ages and skill levels.
>>
>>1540635
Placing pipebombs well
>>
>>1540635
Make up your own fighting style

Spar with friends or get into fights until you figure out what works best
>>
>>1545338
>getting punched in the head
>gaining health

pick one
>>
>>1546049
this

But Goju Karate is better.
>>
>>1546016
>Make up your own fighting style
>Spar with friends or get into fights until you figure out what works best
That's not good enough. You need a realistic training group if you want realistic applicability. You need a variety of people from a variety of groups to simulate the reality of life in your training, and that's just the barest minimum for that. There's tons of more shit to really get it going.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.