[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will professional wrestling ever be popular or mainstream again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: $_32.jpg (53KB, 943x509px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
53KB, 943x509px
Will professional wrestling ever be popular or mainstream again?
>>
>>1537511
Sadly, no.
>>
if they promote homosex
>>
Lol no. Wrestling has been dying for years now.
>>
>>1537528
Can it ever recover?
>>
nope, meme underground is doing something new and no one cares about it,
>>
File: donald-trump.png (366KB, 634x359px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump.png
366KB, 634x359px
soon
>>
no

Wrestling isn't cool and I would have to imagine that this generation of kids doesn't give a fuck about wrestling. Like imagine growing up with the internet and still being into something as antiquated and uncool as a TV show about big sweaty men pretending to fight, it just doesn't fit.
>>
>>1537557
Can it be cool again?
>>
It's been dying down since the early 2000's. With the trend of all these vanilla manlets keeps up, I doubt the wrestling will be alive in 20 years
>>
>>1537511
Fuck no, why watch fake fighting if you can watch real fighting?
They've even got colourful characters, except they're just outspoken real people and not the fighting Fireman.
>>
No. It'll never recover. And no, comedy and lack of believability didn't kill it. Everyone knew it was fake during the attitude era, and it was still huge. Lack of good and fun characters are the reason.

Anyway, I'm surprised vince hasn't started a new promotion in india, land of the marks, where he can do whatever he wants
>>
Everyone knows it's fake now and people prefer to watch UFC instead
>>
>>1537511
No
>>
>>1537559
I really don't see how it could, it's too corporate and too outdated in its format
>>
>>1537573
Have sex

Dean Ambrose will bring wrestling to new heights
>>
>>1537595
Wrestling is dead nothing can save it. It will be non-existent soon.
>>
File: all smiles.jpg (9KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.jpg
9KB, 190x265px
Based D.M working the /r9k/ NEETS

>>>/r9k/30293492
>>
>>1537600
BASED
>>
The E itself is still doing fine, they're operating in the green and the network has been pretty successful, it's making them a lot of money. On top of that Vince knows he has a solid viewerbase of marks for life that will continue to keep the ratings and PPV buys fairly consistent, if somewhat low as of late.

The problem with the product is that Vince essentially has a stranglehold on the business. WWE has absolutely no competition anymore and has stopped evolving.

TNA? I watch wrestling but I couldn't even name five guys on their roster.

Lucha Underground? Flippyshit, no mastodons, not interested at all.

NJPW? Nobody in the fucking USA watches that.

ROH? PWG? Might as well be territories given how much talent Vince and Co. poach from them.

Until a serious competitor to the WWE arises, if it arises, the product will continue to stagnate and chug along at a bare minimum pace.
>>
>>1537511

Nah wrestling is dead. It's not interesting. Why would kids tune in to watch this garbage? When I started watching as a kid it was to see bra and panties matches ans roided up guys killing each other. You know, entertaining things.
>>
>I don't get to jack off to big, sweaty muscular men anymore so it's dead to me: the thread
>>1537565
>>1537570
UFC and MMA in general are already dying down with casuals, no one cares about mouth breathing cretins bragging about how tough they are because they fight three times in a year in 2 minutes long matches.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.