[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I create a martial art?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: joe_p5gif.gif (14KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
joe_p5gif.gif
14KB, 500x357px
How do I create a martial art?
>>
>>1536853
Martial arts is an alternative sport
>>
>>1536859
>this is strictly a wrestling board now

Sauce
>>
>>1536851
You can create whatever the hell you want, but it probably won't be effective unless you have extensive experience in other martial arts to draw from.

It'd be like trying to start a new music genre without ever learning how to play an instrument.
>>
>>1536861
why would i want to use sauce? i go raw in your butthole.
>>
>>1536851
You don't.
You're on 4chan. You lack the basic social, spiritual/mental, and logical ideologies and calmness to make one.
>>
File: Screenshot (99).png (54KB, 980x520px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (99).png
54KB, 980x520px
>>1536861
>>
>>1536871
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>1536851
Start beating people up. Whatever gets them incapacitated fastest and you the least hurt by them wins. Good luck.

My favorite martial art is "owa mai balsu".
>>
>>1536851
You can create whatever you want. You won't be taken seriously, though if it doesn't win any competition. And then it still won't be accepted as an art, because it could only prove itself as a effective sport.
>>
>>1536867
>It'd be like trying to start a new music genre without ever learning how to play an instrument.
You don't need an instrument to put notes together and create patterns.
>>
>>1536851
A martial art consists of a move set and training methods.

Martial artists never invented all the possible ways to move your body, as they have always been there.
Martial artists discovered things like the jab and its varying levels of kinetic linking, back fists, roundhouse kicks, et cetera.

The jab isn't Boxing's punch, it's just a punch, and Boxing put it in their move set.

The Karate style front snap kick isn't Karate's kick, it's just a kick, and Karate put it in their move set.

Martial arts, their founders, did not create anything new, they just discovered things and put them together.

All you need is a set of moves, and training methods. But really, all you need is a move set.
>>
>>1536851
Get other people to call something you created a martial art
>>
Learn every martial art you can. Get proficient enough that you can win against pro fighters. Then go to some backwards 3rd world country and try teaching them how to fight.
>>
By calling it a cardio work out

Look at what Billy Blanks did with "tae bo"

Just become a personal trainer and give your workout a fancy Asian sounding name, and put in a color-coded belt system and boom, you have a martial art
>>
>>1540398
This. Judo and BJJ have the same move set, but different competition rules, so they are different martial arts.
>>
File: Concealed-Carry-class.jpg (50KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
Concealed-Carry-class.jpg
50KB, 426x282px
This is the perfect thread for me to get opinions on a system I'm developing.

It's essentially a "martial art" focused mainly around utilizing a concealed carry handgun. I will develop a small arsenal of a moveset with some very basic striking, pushing/shoving, and minimal kicking and grappling, but it will mostly have an emphasis on getting distance from an attacker so you can either flee or use your CCW.

I'd like to take what I learned from the different positions I've held in armed security, law enforcement, and the military and combine it into an effective self-defense system that people can apply to their own lives.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>1543945
That actually sounds likes something there's a real need for.
>>
>>1543945

sounds good but will you teach how to defend against someone with a gun attacking you while you have no weapon?
>>
>>1543949
I agree, that's part of the reason I'd like to do it. There are "tactical shooting courses" but they only teach you stuff you'd use in warfare-esque combat, and don't go into much detail about attackers or muggers on the street and how to deal with them.

With crime rates still fairly high in my country, I think these are invaluable skills to have.

>>1543959
Of course. Even in countries where you need licensing or certification to have a gun or knife or whatever, bad guys will still find ways to get them, so it's important for people to know what they can do to at least give themselves a small chance of survival.
>>
>>1543969
>>1543945
will you train gi and have colour belts? or call it a real name and not only self defense shoot bang bang? if no, it is no martial art
>>
>>1543980
>will you train gi
Probably not. I would prefer people wear what they would normally wear on the street. If you get used to a comfy karate uniform, it'll be hard to adapt when a real situation arises and you're wearing stiff jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

>and have colour belts?
I don't really see the point when it isn't a competitive or sport martial art. I can see how belt colors would be useful for things like Judo or BJJ where students would go to competitions and would need to be matched up by skill-level, but this is purely for saving your own skin, not winning trophies.

>or call it a real name and not only self defense shoot bang bang?
Well, it might sound cheesy but I like the name "Gunpo" as kind of a play on Kenpo, which is sort of an American martial arts invention all its own in the same way that mine would be. Names are still on the drawing board as of now.
>>
>>1543996
Colored Holsters for progression?
>>
File: Paracord-bracelets-810x544.jpg (164KB, 810x544px) Image search: [Google]
Paracord-bracelets-810x544.jpg
164KB, 810x544px
>>1545712
Kek

Maybe colored paracord bracelets since they're tacticool, like pic related.
>>
>>1545775

thats a pretty neat idea and prolly way cheaper than gis and sashes
>>
>>1543996
Teaching John Wick fu seems a reasonable dream. Go for it.
>>
>>1545775
>>1543996
>>1543969
>>1543945
Pls do it and spread it around

I wanna learn this shit
>>
>>1545793
>>1545803
>>1545818
Damn, it's nice to have support from people. I wouldn't even care to make extra money off this. If I could break even, it'd be worth it.
>>
>>1545869
You're actually in a position to launch this?
>>
>>1536851
Take already existing martial art.
Make it better it your own special way.
Done.
>>
There are a few moves that are going to be essentially the same in pretty much any martial art, and they make up the bulk of what's useful to use in any fight, what's important is putting them all together. Don't just try and make up random kicks, You should have a coherent gameplan for how to conquer your enemy. In BJJ, they just go for the takedown and use a systematic method of grappling to gain control over their opponent. In Wing Chun they constantly try to occupy and control the center line and throw fast, straight, short punches to overwhelm their opponents. Muay Thai focuses on generating massive torso rotation and using their legs like baseball bats to hack away at their opponent's legs and body, and using the clinch, elbows, and knees to trap your opponent's head and deal it the most damage. Each martial art has a different way of reacting to various situations. What makes a martial art unique is how all the elements come together to form a cohesive whole style of fighting. Once you have that, everything else starts to be adjusted into place.

Also, yes I have created my own martial art. I've been working on it for over a decade, and it sounds so incredibly autistic to even say that that I'll leave it there. Hopefully if I become a successful fighter one day I can actually talk about it.
>>
>>1551114
>and it is so incredibly autistic
fixed
>>
>>1550102
Remember last time when some phony claiming to be an Arab billionaire was going to fly people out to fight in his own martial arts tournament and everyone fell for it? That's how I feel about anything on this board
>>
File: Ass Burgers.jpg (196KB, 1000x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Ass Burgers.jpg
196KB, 1000x1067px
>>1551145
To like any one thing so much, including martial arts, you just have to have some form of Asperger's or something.
>>
>>1550102
I can't make any promises but I have the experience and know-how and a good little bit saved up.
>>
>>1555002
>I can't make any promises but I have the experience and know-how and a good little bit saved up.
The only thing left you didn't mention is the intelligence and the dedication.
>>
>>1536851
by shoving dragon dildos up your ass
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.