[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have three years experience in Kung Fu, two years in boxing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: wrestling-in-Olympics_IOC.jpg (669KB, 2400x1619px) Image search: [Google]
wrestling-in-Olympics_IOC.jpg
669KB, 2400x1619px
I have three years experience in Kung Fu, two years in boxing and two years in Muay Thai. So far I don't have any experience in grappling, but I think wrestling is really interesting.

The problem is that I'm 31. Finding a club won't be a problem as it could be in the US, because I'm from Germany and there are quite a few clubs even in rural areas with people competing even up to the age of 40 or 50.

I'm just not sure whether it would make sense at all to start at my age because I think wrestling is typically a sport you start at a younger age and I would never stand a chance to even get decent. What do you think?

Also, how does wrestling compare to Muay Thai when it comes to workout and cardio?
>>
>>1513344
>So far I don't have any experience in grappling
>two years in Muay Thai

>The problem is that I'm 31
No, the problem is that you're not using your brain.

>I would never stand a chance to even get decent.
Not with that attitude.

>What do you think
Don't give up without trying, you might regret giving up before you die.

>how does wrestling compare to Muay Thai when it comes to workout
Do you have a strong back? Wrestlers often like to have strong backs. Also, muscular endurance is nice to have
>>
>>1513344
>

I'm just not sure whether it would make sense at all to start at my age because I think wrestling is typically a sport you start at a younger age and I would never stand a chance to even get decent.
You absolutely can. Consider that 8 years is plenty of experience wrestling: 4 years high school, 4 years college. You can absolutely still make that, especially since you should be training smarter than a high school kid.

>Also, how does wrestling compare to Muay Thai when it comes to workout and cardio?
As a baseline, a bit easier, as competitive a lot harder. There's a huge difference in approach. Muay Thai is about pacing yourself and being ready for the full match. Wrestling is about exploding and making immediate use of all your strength and cardio. That's one of the reasons wrestling is such a good base for MMA.
>>
OP here. Could you guys describe what a typical wrestling training looks like?

I can't do a trial lesson right now because I'll be in Japan for a year. Does anyone know whether they have wrestling clubs in Japan? As far as I know, it's mostly a university sport like in the US, so I reckon it would be difficult to find a place to train for me.
>>
>>1519776
>OP here. Could you guys describe what a typical wrestling training looks like?
Here's a typical day for me:

Warmups, including doing shoots all over the mat.

Once that's done, we usually start with hand wrestling, then go live (fully wrestling) for a round. Then, we stop and get instructed on a technique, and drill it 10 times each. We usually get through 3 or 4 techniques, linked thematically. Then we wrestle for three rounds, starting standing, and then each taking a turn in referee's position.

Then we finish up with a chant, and get fitness 'homework'
>>
>>1519776
Also
>Wrestling Clubs in Japan
You'll be able to find legit catch wrestling places.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.