[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was his biggest rival?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzAzNzI4NjUy.jpg (118KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzAzNzI4NjUy.jpg
118KB, 1200x1200px
Who was his biggest rival?
>>
Smarks
>>
Edge, don't let Phil fool you, he was pretty much just a third wheel in his feud against Rock
>>
>>1504538
/thread
>>
I dunno, maybe angle, or orton, maybe punk
>>
orton
>>
Randy Orton
>>
>>1504539
Edge made Cena
>>
his huge dick
>>
>>1504536
Edge
>>
>>1504555
I know, I said that as much as people hype up Punk to be Cena's biggest rival he was just there to fill time until Cena had his match against Rock in Mania while Edge is Cena's first big rival when Cena became the face of the company
>>
>>1504536
JBL
>>
>>1504536
Edge.
>>
File: 1456495246076.jpg (198KB, 567x570px) Image search: [Google]
1456495246076.jpg
198KB, 567x570px
>>1504570
>Edge vs Cena never headlined wrestlemania
>the one time they faced off it was before HHH vs Orton and it was a triple threat with beeg
>>
>>1504536
Angle
>>
>>1504555
HAHA, LOOK AT THIS IDIOT, MAGGLE, IGNORING THE WRESTLING GOD LIKE THE FRUIT BOOTAY YOU ARE.
>>
>>1504536
Edge
>>
File: kurt-angle.jpg (28KB, 450x347px) Image search: [Google]
kurt-angle.jpg
28KB, 450x347px
>>1504923
>tfw Angle got too many pops as a heel against Cena he got Daivari as a manager and had to say he doesn't like blacks
>>
>>1504536

I think Orton will always be remembered as his greatest rival, but he had better matches with Edge.
>>
File: WRESTLING GOD.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WRESTLING GOD.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>there are people in this thread that didn't answer JBL
>>
Sheamus
>>
Randall
>>
>>1504536
>>1504536
Big Show. 7 foot tall, over 500 pounds. You don't get much bigger than that.
>>
>>1504536
Definitely Punk.. they were complete opposites character-wise, had real heat and great chemistry both in ring and on the mic. I'm disappointed they never worked a WM main event
>>
>>1504956
This is the answer to who helped solidify cena.
>>
In order

Edge, Orton, Punk, Rock, and Angle.
>>
1. AJ Styles
2. Seth Rollins
3. Kevin Owens
4. Rusev
5. Brock Lesnar
>>
>>1504536
1 top (perfect chemistry Yin-Yang)
2 JBL (conflicts I felt made him)
3 Lesnar (Even after the encounter recently, was Lesnar feud that people do not see Cena when Lesnar broke Cena throws him into the ring post. But remember his promos from recovery)
4 Orton (This is one of the competition's most powerful)
5 Three H (a feud popular but this is the beginning of his riding downhill)
6 Punk (clear schism many followers)
7 Batista (complement each other)
8 HBK (schism given matches great)
9 Rock (schism most money and invested back in WWE. Thanks Rock.)
10 Kevin Owens (schism did believe what finally changed. Ko Its echo what people hate Cena feelings and promote this feud Name US too)
>>
It's Orton.

The major Edge's rival will be always Brother Nero, Cena is nobody for him.

But Cena vs Orton is a classic, and the reason of the low ratings at its time.
>>
>>1504536
Alright autist bros, can someone tell me the color of the text on here? I swear its blue.
>>
File: 1469287158558.jpg (17KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
1469287158558.jpg
17KB, 640x712px
>that botchamania ending where the flash all the hundreds of times a PPV main event was randy Orton vs john cena
>>
File: el victorio.jpg (80KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
el victorio.jpg
80KB, 576x432px
Edge
Orton
JBL
>>
>>1504536
Randy Orton.

Any other answer is wrong.
>>
>>1504555
>a glorified midcarder made Cena

Edge wasn't even over until the Lita x Matt Hardy thing. And Cena was already the face of the company by that time.
>>
>>1505089
>0 good matches
>>
>>1505100
Was still his major rival.
>>
>>1505050
Mommy
>>
>>1505014
Pajeet please go back to Facebook.
>>
A great rivalry needs a great match you can point to. So with Cena you have four options I guess.

Last Man Standing vs Edge
Last man Standing vs JBL.
I Quit vs Orton.
MITB vs Punk.

Sorry to the cuckposters here but Punk is clearly above the rest. The only guy able to pull 5 stars out of Cena, and in a straight wrestling match at that. Their feud had real venom in it, and at least seemed at the time like it would have far reaching consequences for the company as a whole.
>>
>>1505109
Everything that happened in the Punk feud after MITB was shit though
>>
>>1505109
A great rivalry doesn't need a great match, you stupid mark

Sting vs NWO/Hogan kept WCW dominant in the mid-late 90s and they turned in shit match after shit match
>>
>>1505132
Plus Taker and Kane never had a great match and that's one of the undisputed greatest rivalries of all time.
>>
It actually is smarks.

In WWE booking top guys always have a non-wrestler as their main rival.

Hogan's main rival was Heenan, who produced a series of challengers for him - Andre, Orndoff, Bundy, Hercules. He beat all of them but the unresolved feud with Heenan himself kept the story going.

Austin main rival was Vince, who produced a series of challengers for him - Mankind, Rock, Undertaker, Triple H. He beat all of them but the unresolved feud with Vince himself kept the story going

Cena's main rival was smarks, who chose a number of challengers over him - Edge, RVD, Orton, Punk. He beat all of them but the unresolved feud with smarks themselves kept the story going
>>
>>1505109

>MiTB was best Punk v Cena match

Fucking hell. Isn't it past your bedtime?
>>
>>1505146
Taker has had better rivals than Kane tho. HBK and Brock Lesnar.
>>
File: Seth-Rollins.jpg (73KB, 391x392px) Image search: [Google]
Seth-Rollins.jpg
73KB, 391x392px
>>1505195
>comparing brock v taker to kane v taker
>>
>>1504630
Apparently that was meant to be Edge vs Cena but Vince was worried people had gotten bored of that feud, so he inserted Beeg
>>
>>1505100
>Implying.

Everyone of their matches were gold. Okay wrestling, GOAT rivalry.
>>
>>1505157
>smarks
>chose edge
Smarks hated edge because of what he did to Matt, plus actual Smark guys like Benoit and Punk were around.
>>
>>1504947
This.

>>1505004
18+
>>
>>1504536
Edge without a doubt, they had the best RA feud.

AJ will be just as big of a rival now that him and Cena are single competitors on SD.
>>
>>1504555
No I'm pretty sure jbl made cena you cuck
>>
Should have been Batista
>>
>>1505237
>Vince was worried people had gotten bored of that feud
And yet we got Cena vs. Orton almost 300 times, at least Cena vs. Edge was fun to watch
>>
The odds. They were practically in every Cena match ever.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.