[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make wrestling mainstream again /asp/? Will the newer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (80KB, 618x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 618x407px
How do we make wrestling mainstream again /asp/? Will the newer superstars ever have anything close to the drawing power of veterans?
>>
>>1499972
Make rule number 1 if you cant cut a promo, job or fuck off.
>>
>less scripted promos
>make women eye candy and nothing else, and stop pretending they ever were anything other than that in the first place
>toss out PG, bring in alcohol, roids, hilarious over-the-top gimmicks and more adult jokes
>>
Motha fuckin divas in bikinis and bras and panties
Roided dudes
>>
WWE will never be mainstream again and I'm glad.
Mainstream = watered down shite pandering to SJWs
>>
1. Stop pretending that wrestling could be a "sport" and accept that is more like a tv series around people hurting other people, but not a sport (with kick-offs, draft centers and that things).
2. Doing adult content, not +18, but serious content. Childs (and their parents) are not going to be frightened about blood or explicit language (they are watching a fucking wrestling show!). The people that was criticism with wrestling at Attitude Era because that thing is not watching wrestling now, that people doesn't represent anybody.
3- Stop doing stories about great babyfaces and heels that only are "angry all time" (Jericho, Rollins, Owens, Rusev). It's necessary more tweeners and true heels. WWE now is watching a 60's superheroes show.
4- Wrestling is a product itself. STOP breaking the keyfabe doing reality shows like Total Divas or shit like that.
>>
>>1500000
can't argue the numbers famm
>>
>>1499987
>watered down shite pandering to SJWs
This era is exactly that though
>muh divuuhhs
>>
>>1500000
what a waste...
>>
>>1500007
And it would only get worse the more media attention WWE gets. Vince has no balls, reputation is everything to him now. He needs that good press.
>>
>>1500011
When wwf was mainstream is wasnt sjw
>>
>>1500014
That's because sjws didn't exist then. The world is a much different place now. It's the current year, come on
>>
>>1500016
I don't even remember when or how SJWs really started to get loud. Even in the early 2000s they didn't have much voice and now they're everywhere. All over the media, internet etc.
>>
>>1499972
New wrestlers won't draw like the vets because the show remains shitty, WWE has to aim for a older/teen demographic like they did in AE, just like in the AE everyone knows pro wrestling is fake so pushing guys like Zayn, AJ, Balor, Bryan or other indie midgets who can """"wrestle""" is retarded and it will ALWAYS equal shit ratings....

They have to start doing outlandish shit with storylines and segments again like what the AE was all about with DX, Austin, Pillman, Mankind etc to get the masses to pay attention again, bc normies won't give a fuck about a scripted fight between two well known Vets let alone indie midgets.. I think they have alot of guys that can talk like they did in the AE that can talk on the mic but the PG rating and making them a terrible script word for word is holding them back...

The only way WWE will get better is if they do everything I stated and that day will come when another wrestling company does everything I said first and starts getting ratings and WWE will have no choice but to copy them like they did with wCw in the 90s that forced them to create the AE or like they did 2 weeks ago trying to copy Broken Matt with that shitty Deletion parody match
>>
>>1500020

They're still a very, very small group. Just loud and prone to existing in echo chambers.
>>
>>1500016
Controversy=ratings
Besides, sjws are a harmless. What are they going to do? Tell their hambeast and beta numale cuck followers not to watch? Because the extent of their sphere of influence are college campuses and dumblr. Speaking as someone who lives in the supposed sjw capital of the world (Toronto), I can personally say these parties can safely be alienated since they never made up the majority of viewers in the first place. Sjws are, like all women, they should not be taken seriously because theyre all bark, no bite and we give them power just by acknowledging they're existence.
>>
>we
FUCK
OFF
>>
>>1500045
>Sjws are, like all women, they should not be taken seriously
4chan post edit when? Pls ignore the they
>>
>>1500040

Ambrose Asylum was so over the top! They did half the shit they would've done 16 years ago. What was the point of all those weapons only to miss your opponent with every swing you take at him.
>>
>>1500040
Exactly. Never go out of your way to appeal to kids. All kids want to do is imitate adults anyways so they'll always be watching
>>
>>1499972
Hire Vince Russo.
>>
>>1500000
>Only 2 people checking these digits
>>
>>1499972
That's the problem, it is mainstream. ESPN has interviews with the wrestlers for fuck sakes.
>>
>>1500198
But those ""interviews"" always take place on ESPN 4 or 3 AM
>>
>>1500202

ur fat
>>
>>1500007
One 20-minute segment of a 3 hour show is hardly "watering down" or "pandering"
>>
wait for nakamura
>>
>>1499986
Fuck off, Texas
>>
>>1500000
Damn -- 1,500,000.
>>
I love how WWE tries to appeal to kids using tame PG content when half the reason we watched as kids was the violence and sleaze.
>>
Just let wrestling die m8
>>
>>1500000
>this get

hol-y shit this board is so fucking full of virgins
>>
File: 1462381343966.png (206KB, 290x354px) Image search: [Google]
1462381343966.png
206KB, 290x354px
>>1500000
>"angry all time"
>Jericho

drink it in, mark
>>
>>1500000
Nice numbers
>>
>>1500000
>spic who doesn't know what he's talking about
>quints

Such a waste.
>>
>>1501942
>Implying there was any other reason to watch
>>
>>1501954
This. Kayfabe is dead and WWE just wants to be a family-friendly children's TV show. All that would help it now is WWE going under and being bought out by someone else
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.