[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking suck fuck this shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (62KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 564x846px
God I fucking suck at bjj. I just keep getting plopped on my ass and swept over and over again. Once I a while I'll give up an arm bar. How the fuck do people make it past white belt with all this fucking frustration? I wanted to bust my ass and be a fucking werdum wonder boy, going into training as much as possible, giving it my all, submitting my ego and bowing to higher belts so they can teach me shit

And I just keep getting fucking rekt. Fuck this. Watching hentai every night gave me more fulfillment.
>>
>>1499382
frustration tolerance

look it up, carry on... if you like what you're doing
>>
>>1499382

Maybe you should lose weight first
>>
>>1499382
>How the fuck do people make it past white belt with all this fucking frustration?
By

>I wanted to bust my ass and be a fucking werdum wonder boy, going into training as much as possible, giving it my all, submitting my ego and bowing to higher belts so they can teach me shit
There's a reason few take this path and end up as wonder boys. The path is fucking frustrating.
>>
You just keep showing up and fighting. No one said it would be easy.
>>
Try twisting your balls every night before bed. It'll trick your body into producing more testosterone.
>>
>>1499382
How long you been training and currently what are you training. You want to have a go to, for several posistions.

I'm a HS wrestling coach and judo black belt, so my guard game is rather limited in regards to BJJ but non the less i dont mind talking shop when it comes to crossover moves, from takedowns, to TDD, half guard, scrambling, top game subs, etc
>>
>>1499577
That guy has a tramp stamp. what the fuck?
>>
>>1499382
It takes a lot of work, but everyone sucks at first, the real trial is sticking with it even though you suck until you don't. It'll take time, everybody tells you that, but it also takes effort and paying attention. It took me almost a year to understand all the basics and establish some submissions I was very comfortable with. How long you've been training like
>>1499577
said is important.
>>
>>1499577
How long did it take you to get your Judo black belt, if you don't mind my asking?
>>
>>1499382
It takes years to be good at jujutsu. Invest in loss. You want so badly to be good, your in such a rush and your frustrated. Focus on the present moment. Focus on the new technique. Focus on polishing your technique to the best level it can get. Let go of trying to be the best and work your craft.
>>
>>1499677
Well I'm a nidan (2nd degree and been a nidan for about hell 5 years?)
I've been in judo since I was 9 ,my promotions came at a steady rate till HS,I was given a purple belt my freshman year i believe but then my sophomore year of HS i was awarded my brown belt (ikkyu). I stopped judo and grappling junior and senior year. I didn't get back into judo till my sophomore year of college, i was still a brown belt, and it took me probably 3 years of competing and training to be awarded my first dan, plus i had to do a dinky little kata too. Graduated and got my job, and when i became head wrestling coach i was awarded my nidan later. Sometimes i feel it was a gift from my sensai to help the dojo get some political clout in the local wrestling community here which can be pretentious to say the least. Me being the only HS wrestling coach that does that foo foo chinese stuff, i get my balls busted a lot but same thing happens in the judo community with some black belts when they hear and see i wrestle. Not everyone is like that, but there are a few in each style's inner circle.

Its cliche but rank doesnt mean much, its about the results, technique, and knowledge passed. in my tenure ive like to say ive done decent.
>>
>>1499694
man, i am tired rambled to much
tl;dr?

after a few break, spent 3 years competing during college to get my first degree black belt, after college i got my 2nd degree, so 3 years after my first.

Also yes it took me 6 years to finish a bachelor's. lots of drama with that
inb4 /asp/ isnt your blog
>>
>>1499700
It's cool, thanks for the info. I did Muay Thai and did No-gi under a guy with a Judo background during High School around 3 years ago now, and I'm about to start Judo now, so I was curious.
>>
>>1499677
I've been training since January once/twice a week, then went to a more intense gym in June and started doing 3+ 2 hour sessions a week. Technique drilling, no-gi rolling, gi rolling, went to a tournament (got absolutely fucked). I'm 6'0 206lbs, I've been playing sports all my life so I'm strong-ish, not fat, and don't get gassed in the middle of rounds
>>
>>1499798
what moves are you working on, or feel confident in?
>>
>>1499798
Look, the fact is when you start you're going to suck. When I started I sucked, when the guy that taught me started he sucked, too. I remember one time I was doing MMA sparring and I was turttled under my sparring partner. I thought to myself, "The Unified rules of mixed martial arts prohibit knees and/or kicks to the head of a downed opponent so..." and raised my head and moved my hands from guarding my face to his hips to keep him from taking my back and going for the RNC and raised my nose right into his knee as he dropped a wound-up knee strike into me. I remember thinking "Who's on top of me?". The point is it was not a fun night, nor was the time I shot for a takedown right into someone's eye, or early on when I gave up my back a lot and got choked out. It all sucked, it was hard. There were some embarrassing moments, but it was all a learning experience. It's gonna be hard, but be patient and persistent, and you'll improve.
>>
>>1499822
*shot for a takedown into someone's thumb with my eye.(Didn't see right for a couple days.)
>>
>>1499382
>>1499571
This and train outside of your gym if you don't
>>
>>1499382

>I suck
keep training

>I keep getting swept
Learn how to not get swept

>fucking frustration
Learn psychology

>I just keep getting wrekt
Use your brain
learn more
contemplate more
apply more

>fulfilment
see previous
>>
>>1499382
why did you even started jiu jitsu for?, what are your goals, how long you been training, consider that in all forms of discipline, it takes at least 1 year of practice to be good at it, if its frustrating , take depp breaths and kepp going, pay attention to class, try to imagine what you want to do before you do it and go trough that, practice extra time on your own, research on the internet for tips, focus, give more effort, when you lose try to understand why, learn from your mistakes, ask for more guidence, don't give a shit about sucking, only care about improving. if not then quit, go back to watch hentai and jack off every night, you will see how fucking sad it is (been there), and then go back and stick whit it until you accomplish what you want
>>
>>1499382
you're not trying hard enough
you should stop being stupid and teach yourself if your not getting it in class
>>
How long you been training op? Two weeks?
>>
>>1499382
I was told it would take 3-4 years to get out of the beginner rut in judo, so maybe you just need to put more hours in to stop sucking
>>
>>1502428
also depends on how much time you get on the mats, if you just casually do twice a week to 3-5 year then you're gonna stay a beginner,

being able to hit the mats 3-5 times a week will make you better faster
>>
As other have said just keep at it.

Try to focus on smaller aspects to begin until you can keep your composure better. Once you our comfortable with the basics you will find they need less focus, allow yourself to consentrate on another small goals and pace your self.

Just stick with it and little by little you will grow at your own rate.
>>
just suplex ur opponent
>>
>>1502434
suplex/ura nage are a huge part of the judo meta game right now. but then again the synergy with Ushiro-goshi is huge

Pretty much being able to jam your opponent's hips OR taking their back provide a huge offensive set, from suplex, to the floating hip toss, or if you're submission minded the whole gamut of back attacks.

Its important as any grappler then to control the scramble, or offensively set a back take
>>
File: who will get the suplex first.gif (1MB, 400x207px) Image search: [Google]
who will get the suplex first.gif
1MB, 400x207px
>>1502438

I kind of cringe at this sequence cause its the judo equivalent of 2 BJJ guys buttscooting or inverting their guards at the same time. But seeing 2 guys try to take the back and suplex at the same time is always amusing
Even if its not the prettiest part of the art
>>
It's okay op, cm punk feels the same way
>>
File: ura naga counter ouchi gari.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
ura naga counter ouchi gari.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>1502441
>>
File: Zangrief suplex.gif (3MB, 333x187px) Image search: [Google]
Zangrief suplex.gif
3MB, 333x187px
>>1502444
>>
File: ura nage.gif (825KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
ura nage.gif
825KB, 360x202px
>>1502449
>>
File: suplex KO.gif (823KB, 480x281px) Image search: [Google]
suplex KO.gif
823KB, 480x281px
>>
File: ura nage uchi komi.gif (2MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
ura nage uchi komi.gif
2MB, 360x640px
>>
>>1499382
Quit. Never get any better than you are now.

One day you'll look back and see what happened to those that kept at it without asking anything in return from their training
>>
File: ura nage.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
ura nage.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>
>>1502441
At least it looks really cool compared to butt scooting. Double inverting guards can look cool though.
>>
>>1499798
So you've been going once a week for half a year. Sry m8, but that's not enough to get a feeling for the basics. You'll get rekt for another half or full year. Increase the amount of your training. 3h a week is not much. Don't rely completely on pysical trining read some theoretical stuff on that matter. Learn how to deal with frustration, not getting rekt is not your goal atm, it's getting a beeter understanding of why you are getting rekt and perfectioning your muscle memory. Do some shadow training at home. Becoming a bushi is not easy.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.