[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The state of my heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: why.jpg (24KB, 379x395px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
24KB, 379x395px
>watched WWE from 2003 to 2009 then stopped for seven years
>missed the rise of Daniel Bryan
>missed The Shield
>missed the year of Punk
>missed Lesnar's return
>missed Batista's return
>missed Sting's run
>missed AJ's debut
>missed Christian's world title win
>no idea who most of the roster is (but Owens, Bray Wyatt, and Rollins seem great)
>all my old favorites are either dead, released, or retired
>Based Jericho has shitty tattoos now and still wears those godawful trunks
>Angle still not back yet
>the Streak was neither left undefeated nor broken to push a young, up-and-coming star, but broken to Lesnar, who absolutely didn't need the rub
>despite this, Undertaker is still wrestling for some reason
>all the new theme songs are garbage
>Cena and Orton are still around with the same bland gimmicks they had seven years ago
>Creative has somehow gotten even worse
Is it even worth getting back into the product?
>>
2003-2009 is a hundred times better than anything you missed
>>
No. Leave and don't look back.
>>
"No"
>(no)
>>
>>1494575
No.
If you really want to watch wrestling, watch another product
>>
>>1494575
>missed the rise of Daniel Bryan
>missed The Shield
>missed the year of Punk
>missed Lesnar's return
>missed Batista's return
>missed Sting's run
>missed AJ's debut
>missed Christian's world title win
YOU CAN CATCH ALL THE OLD EPISODES OF RAW AND SMACKDOWN AND PAY PER VIEWS, INCLUDING WRESTLEMANIA ON THE DUBYA DUBYA EEEE NETWORK FOR JUST NAHN NAHNTY NAHN A MONTH AND THE FIRST MONTH IS FREE! WHAT A DEAL, AH LOVE IT MAGGLE

>no idea who most of the roster is (but Owens, Bray Wyatt, and Rollins seem great)
They are. There's a ton of other great workers around too including Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Rusev and AJ Styles. Nakamura, a really great wrestler from Japan is gonna get called up soon too.

>Based Jericho has shitty tattoos now and still wears those godawful trunks
JeriGOAT is still goin' out there and giving it his all. His current gimmick is really fucking fun, too.

>the Streak was neither left undefeated nor broken to push a young, up-and-coming star, but broken to Lesnar, who absolutely didn't need the rub
He kind of did need it, because beating Undertaker is what elevated him into the unstoppable monster Beast Incarnate he is right now. He beat Taker at WM, squashed Cena at Summerslam and he's had a rocket strapped to his ass since then. They have not used Undertaker well at all, though and it's really unfortunate.

>all the new theme songs are garbage
I like AJ's and Nakamura's.

>Cena and Orton are still around with the same bland gimmicks they had seven years ago
Big Match John's actually going through a career renaissance right now. He's legitimately one of the best things about the product right now and that's NOT damning with faint praise.

>Creative has somehow gotten even worse
Yeah, I can't argue that.

>Is it even worth getting back into the product?
Right now there's lots of great matches, but the booking ranges from "oh what a relief, they did the right thing for once" to "holy shit, this is terrible".
>>
>>1494575
>>watched WWE from 2003 to 2009

Looks like you started watching after the golden generation had just ended too.
>>
>>1494589
>>1494591
>>1494592
>>1494594
Thank you, guys. It kind of hurts to hear, honestly. I keep hoping and hoping things will get better but I guess they just won't. Are there any other promotions that are similar to the Ruthless Aggression era of WWE?

And, if I may ask, how long have you guys been watching WWE? If you still watch it, what keeps you going?
>>
I'm quitting with the brand split. Like a new season of a show you're sick of. Best time to quit, before you accidentally get invested
>>
>>1494622
>Are there any other promotions that are similar to the Ruthless Aggression era of WWE?
NXT. At least the Takeovers.

>how long have you guys been watching WWE? If you still watch it, what keeps you going?
From 2000-2010 then I started again last November. I just don't have any other hobbies desu.
>>
>>1494614
kill yourself you autistic neckbeard
>>
>>1494673
>nxt
>similar to ruthless aggression
hang yourself
>>
This seems like a troll thread. If you really missed those events, then you wouldn't know to cry about how awesome they apparently were in the first place.

And if you're crying here because some guy hyped them up to you, then you're just a cuck.
>>
>>1494575
nothing you missed was worth seeing
>>
>>1494726
Lose weight you smelly teenager
>>
>missed 2006-08 during the PG switch and rise of "funny Cena"

Just get back and quit bitching. If you like it, stay. If you don't, find another hobby like collecting Yaoi
>>
>>1494759
strong words coming from a worthless fat sweaty disgusting greasy cheeto fingered neckbeard
>>
>>1494760
The PG switch was halfway through 2008, my man.
>>
Not worth watching till they fuck off with the PG bullshit.

Missing the shield was nothing anyway because they are all terrible.
>>
File: 1429738520264.gif (846KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1429738520264.gif
846KB, 500x366px
>>1494575
>I STOPPED WATCHING IN 04, CAME BACK 2014

I pretty much missed everything op listed. I have no feels for The Shield, Edge, Cena, Daniel Bryan etc. Hell, i don't have feels for AJ Styles because i wasn't watching TNA either

The only reason why I started watching wrestling again was because one night I was smoking weed ( Seriously ) I loaded up the HULU app, and I noticed a new episode of RAW was posted. I said ''Fuck it'' and watched it, and...my...GOD!!! I was horrified by how atrocious WWE had become. And to make matters even worse, I started watching it during Romans BIG PUSH. Fans were cheering for him then. I didn't know why, because i thought he was fucking awful.
Then Roman did his legendary ''Sufferin Succotash'' promo. The cringe was almost life changing. Thank God for the internet because I thought I was the only one who didn't like Roman. Little did i know there was hatred dwelling and ready to explode. Anyway, i can go on forever. Long story short, I watch wrestling now because it is truly so bad it's good.
>>
>>1494575
are you me?
>>
>>1494575
>>1494614

>Owens, Bray Wyatt, and Rollins seem great
no they're not, if they were any good the wwe would be where it is. the wwe should have let those fucks rot in ring of honer or where ever they came from.
>>
>>1494730
>then you wouldn't know to cry about how awesome they apparently were in the first place.

its hard to ignore when every faggot indy wrestling fan constantly says how awesome all those events were.

everything in the last 6 years has been absolute shit, every wrestlemania, every new wrestler, and every faggot indy fan are the reasons why wwe sucks ass.
>>
>>1495434
Well, here's the thing

in 2004, it was a magical time before Benoit's murder suicide forced them to learn lessons they should have learned a long time ago

wrestlers were allowed some freedom, as long as they got the bullet points across properly.

Now? Everything is micromanaged to hell, and the action had to be toned down to be safer.
>>
I watched nwa awa wccw wwf the local Hawaii promotion, went to events saw hogan Andre bundy flair race Rhodes Brody as a kid in the 80s. Marked out only for certain guys, when wwf had hill Billy Jim -remember Saturday night main event on nbc - George the animal etc.

I stopped watching around the time I went to college, and ended up getting back into it during, guess who, scsa in the later 90s after graduating. I think I watched until ruthless a around the time cena and orton hit, I stopped watching entirely after this and only picked up recently when I gave up on paid tv. I only knew about punk, never saw shield , Daniel who? But Hulu made it convient to stay current so I started about a year or so and just got back in it, I've binged watched raw and sd from as far back as Hulu had. Let me tell something about wrestling

Wrestling.... Never changes....
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.